Ocean Bankshares

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A. Alfonso Macedo

It is a very hectic atmosphere given the staffing levels, however I have personally gain a lot of experience as a result

I have been working at Ocean Bankshares

ProsGiven the staffing levels it is very busy at times, however there are some very professional people that make it a rewarding place to work.

ConsThe communication between management and staff members is lacking and as a result many items are duplicated which creates extra work for all parties.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen communication is key to success. Everything filters from the top down. Motivate your employees to be the best they can.

wrong people in wrong positions

I have been working at Ocean Bankshares full-time for more than 8 years

Prossalary is good with good benefits and perks

ConsCommunication is poor and quality of staff in right positions is poor so it is difficult to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are not part of the solution your are part of the problem.

Professional and Enjoyable Company

BSA Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ocean Bankshares

ProsBenefits are sufficient and substantial for a commercial bank. Family and Friendship Connection is easily established with co workers and customers. Pay is very good for entry level employees and those that are promoted and also there is plenty of opportunity for promotion and growing your career because the company prefers to hire from within. Professional but enjoyable place to work. Excellent compensation for those commission related employees.

ConsThere is nothing that I have found thus far to dislike about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise that training be more efficient, possibly in an electronic method to provide more options to all employees and cut down on travel expenses. Provide employees with easier access to crucial company information.

Worked for Ocean Bankshares? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ocean Bankshares reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ocean Bankshares CEO A. Alfonso Macedo. All reviews posted anonymously by Ocean Bankshares employees.