Ocean Bankshares Reviews

Reset
3.2
A. Alfonso Macedo
1 Rating

1. It is a very hectic atmosphere given the staffing levels, however I have personally gain a lot of experience as a result

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Given the staffing levels it is very busy at times, however there are some very professional people that make it a rewarding place to work.

Cons

The communication between management and staff members is lacking and as a result many items are duplicated which creates extra work for all parties.

Advice to Management

Open communication is key to success. Everything filters from the top down. Motivate your employees to be the best they can.

2. wrong people in wrong positions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ocean Bankshares full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

salary is good with good benefits and perks

Cons

Communication is poor and quality of staff in right positions is poor so it is difficult to get things done.

Advice to Management

If you are not part of the solution your are part of the problem.

3. Professional and Enjoyable Company

Current Employee - BSA Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - BSA Analyst in Miami, FL

Pros

Benefits are sufficient and substantial for a commercial bank. Family and Friendship Connection is easily established with co workers and customers. Pay is very good for entry level employees and those that are promoted and also there is plenty of opportunity for promotion and growing your career because the company prefers to hire from within. Professional but enjoyable place to work. Excellent compensation for those commission related employees.

Cons

There is nothing that I have found thus far to dislike about this company.

Advice to Management

I would advise that training be more efficient, possibly in an electronic method to provide more options to all employees and cut down on travel expenses. Provide employees with easier access to crucial company information.

5. It was a great opportunity for student!

I worked at Ocean Bankshares part-time

Pros

The job gives me experiences in marketing and communication. It strengthens my team work skill and customer service skills.

Cons

The job is physically demanding since I had to walk for a long time. And it requires a lot of courage.

Advice to Management

You need to balance between school, work and hobbies if you decided to take on this job.

RSS Feed </> Embed