Ocean Conservancy

Add Photos

Vikki N. Spruill

Great Non-Profit

Executive Support to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGood work doing something of value.
    Great benefits.
    Care about employees.

ConsSlow to take action, and implement change.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't think of any.

Organization with a great mission but not much room for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're proactive, you can make an impact in the organization.

ConsOffice culture isn't community oriented. Individual programs have a team feel, but there's not an overall team feel that bonds the whole organization. I wished this organization had a culture of leading by example.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for leadership development and give merit awards based on effort and hard work. Don't call a cost of living increase a merit award.

Your experience will be determined by your immediate supervisor and the President/CEO at the time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, good cause, friendly people. It was a rewarding experience overall and my colleagues were great, however my supervisor would take credit for my ideas, never showed up to work on time (if at all), and was quick to blame me for any mistakes or shortcomings on projects.

ConsLots of playing favorites, unqualified managers, and back-biting. HR is also useless in resolving real conflict between employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to take a interest in the growth and development of the employees below the upper management levels.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good NGO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat mission, good environment, some very good co-workers. Good location downtown.

ConsOrganization has had a couple of instances where they grew too fast and had to cut staffing, so new positions may end up on the chopping block, unfortunately. Also the usual silo-ing of information you see in non-profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow slower and smarter, but overall a good organization with good leadership.

Worked for Ocean Conservancy? Contribute to the Community!