Ocean Properties

Great cultute

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time

Pros

I enjoyed my time very much with OPL, from everyone on and above property. Pay was great, and the bonus structure was decent. I would definitely return to this company in the future.

Cons

Long hours, and minimal vacation (5 days) after 1 year was difficult to overcome.

Company only cares about making money.

I have been working at Ocean Properties

Pros

I wish I had a bigger list of Pros. the lower level managements (not corporate management) seem to know what they're doing, but theres not much flexibility for which they can make decisions on their own.

Cons

Corporate hires their friends, who have no business/experience running hotels/restaurants. Corporate pays their employees crap. Most employees struggle to live on what they make. There's no incentive for employees to want to work hard. Crap pay, and long hours=unhappy employees

Rethink your company values. Happy employees make the business more successful...unhappy employees=less successful.

Chief engineer

Former Employee - Chief Engineer in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Chief Engineer in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Ocean Properties

Pros

Is not a good place to work salaries is down

Cons

They make you to do alot of the job in the hotel with the lowest pay and the personality is bad they tthink they own you for everting dont let you take the complete vacation dont give you a raise for nothing

For the people with out a job you trayin not to work for this managenment PLEASE PLEASE it going to be you nightmare Please dont work here look for a better place

Awful. Still healing from the experience years later.

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Portland, ME

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A few nice properties in their portfolio.

Cons

All managers are REQUIRED to work 50 hours a week MINIMUM. More is expected. Even if you are on Intermittent FMLA leave, this policy stands - NO MATTER WHAT. Even if you have a death in your immediate family, you are STILL REQUIRED to meet this minimum or you will be written up. I came back from the funeral to a write up that I hadn't met my weekly minimum hour requirement.

It's time to look at bringing in some top hospitality professionals to evaluate the way this company operates. Instead of just protecting the "chosen" few that allows them to get away with the awful things they do to people. Please take better care with the people that make you succesful at the top. Look at your turnover compared t

Server

Former Employee - Server in Bar Harbor, ME

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can transfer from place to place (sun chasing).
    Chance to make great money
    Health insurance if you stay with company

Cons

Young management, hired directly out of college so they can pay them less
    Can't keep good managers because they refuse to pay them well
    Food and beverage director at the bar harbor location is terrible

Pay your managers better so they actually know what they're doing
    Better management training.

Terrible, management did not care about their employees and stacked hours on you!

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in South Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in South Portland, ME

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some people who worked as a reservations agent, nothing else really, supervisors were awful and treated you terribly, when asked to transfer it's the biggest deal in the world

Cons

Don't get me started on this, the hr acts friendly but tells people your business and boy are they rude and one last thing, they skipped out on some of my checks as well!

Change it especially at the sable Oaks reservation center

Front desk agent- Sagamore Resort

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Bolton Landing, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Bolton Landing, NY

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great experience, networking, overall operational value with 35-40 hours per week along with potential overtime in busy months.

Cons

Weak hourly rate. $100 a week for rent if living on or off premise if you are in need of housing. Hourly rate was not suitable and living on my own with bills hurt me greatly. They expect the rent money not a day late therefore I was not even close to bringing a strong net amount home each week. Housing was also a headache. Rooming 4 people in an apartment does not work with the weak amenities they offer. Co workers were nice, but there were a handful who acted arrogant for no reason.

Create a stronger, positive working environment and choose managers who are more outgoing and willing to help out employees when needed.

Could not care less about the employees

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Ocean Properties (more than a year)

Pros

Few. Some of the people you meet are nice enough, but nobody lasts long enough to really form bonds with

Cons

Say goodbye to any kind of social life, relationships, and family. You are expected to be at the beck and call of the hotel. Also, get used to being broke. There is a reason why 90% of staff is on some form of government assistance.

Pay people what they are worth, concentrate on the core of people who know their jobs, and stop the revolving door of know nothing employees

Poor management

Former Employee - Server in Bar Harbor, ME

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You do get to work in nice locations. Sometimes the employee housing is nice, sometimes not. You get to meet a lot of people, however most in the F&B industry are drunks. If you like to get hammered and sexually harassed with your boss, this is for you!

Cons

The owners all the way down the management team legitimately don't care about the staff or the customer as long as the money keeps rolling in. This came from the mouth of someone in the actual family. No training whatsoever. They pay their managers 12$ an hour so they act bitter towards the servers who make more, and generally speaking, know more than them.

Talk to the people who face your customers daily. If they aren't happy, it projects to your customers. Really look at some of the people you have in charge. You are headed in the wrong direction.

This was the Lido Beach Resort property. Glorified motel. I learned why the managers are not at a real hotel.

I worked at Ocean Properties full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Room discounts at other properties. Some decent benefits.

Cons

Run down, tacky place. Extremely high employee turnover and poor morale Managers are very out of touch with their team. GM actually told me once "Well this isn't a four star hotel." Wow! Way to set the bar so high for you and your team. Only thing going for this place is some of the views of the Gulf of Mexico. I was written up for being 11 min. late once with no prior problems. Then you have the concierge who would not only yell, but berate coworkers right in the lobby in front of guests, myself being one of them. Everyone in our dept. could not stand working with her, she got nominated for employee of the month?! HR manager, Asst. GM, and FB manager all rude and clueless about what being a good manager is. I worked for many years in the hospitality business, I never worked somewhere that management was so oblivious.

Try a new line of work.