Ocean Reef Club

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jack Duncan

Its was intense, fast paced and profitable

Waiter (Former Employee)
Key Largo, FL

I worked at Ocean Reef Club

ProsGorgeous place to work. The housing provided is very affordable. Great opportunity to meet new people. Culture diversity. Benefits are really good.

ConsFlexibility to work weekends and holidays. Very secluded which means that you have to drive at least 40 minutes to the major spots in south Florida. Salaries may vary depending the outlet you may be located in.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall the upper management makes a great job trying to keep employees motivated. They will listen to you and take advices.

Discrimination, Inequality in treatment, horrible paychecks

Cook (Former Employee)
Key Largo, FL

I worked at Ocean Reef Club

ProsFlorida is a beautiful place, the housing is fairly affordable and you have free internet access.

ConsA lot of discrimination towards employers, a lot of haressment, the members of that club are disrespectful but managers can't do anything - the members are the owners. They schedule you and send you home after an hour, they try their best to be on a budget because the members think they spend too much on employees, so you get paychecks of 300 dollars every 2 weeks. Ypu never ever ever will have a lunch break on the busy days.

Advice to Senior ManagementPunish people that discriminate!

They work you hard, pay you moderately but the perks are amazing

Member Billing Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Ocean Reef Club

ProsGreat opportunity to do side jobs and under the table babysitting, house sitting, pet sitting.
Employee Pool
Cafeteria
Volleyball
Employee Recognition Programs
Beautiful Multi-million dollar views

ConsThe Club members treat you terrible. They are filthy rich and snotty and they think that they pay their membership dues so that they can treat the help like second class citizens.
Most paychecks go back to the club in laundry fees, high rent and lack of discounts in on-property retailers such as groceries

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement did a great job of accommodating me and my schedule but they have to get out of the mentality that the things that they offer to us are a favor and not something that we have earned by being loyal and hardworking.

Worked for Ocean Reef Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ocean Reef Club reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ocean Reef Club CEO Jack Duncan. All reviews posted anonymously by Ocean Reef Club employees.