Oceaneering International

Oceaneering International Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Oceaneering International President and CEO M. Kevin McEvoy

M. Kevin McEvoy

Pros
  • Great company and very great people to work with(in 7 reviews)

• The company as a whole is very family oriented and will help you in any way possible during times of need(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't have a problem with long hours, but pay should be commensurate(in 4 reviews)

• Company suffers from poor management in some key positions(in 3 reviews)

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Culture, Smart People surround you. If you want to move in a direction, they help you get there.

Master PLanner (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proscareer opportunities everywhere. Oceaneering has many divisions in many countries.

Conshours can be long, workload is extremely high

Great company to work for.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat people and good culture

Consthere are a number of processes that slow down the business in my opinion

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good company to enter the subsea community.

Service Tech (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to learn the basics of subsea, hydraulics, electrical and controls. Completions and work over on drill ships, semi submersibles, and platform rigs.

ConsA lot of nepotism, and good ole boy atmosphere. Training was hit or miss: sometimes it was relevant and current and sometime it was antiquated and general. Compensation was adequate for a beginning career but not for a family.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Learning company

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood place to enter oil and gas field

ConsAll departments work like small groups

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get more like a big company now, all small groups are acting as stand alone company

With Oceaneering International the website is unique no disturb.

Ordinary Seaman (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI have been hearing Oceaneering since when I was with my fisheries company in Ghana West Africa.

Cons1 )The challenges here is that most the Seamanship Documents are not accepted, especially EDH, LIFE BOAT, ISPS, FIRE FIGHTING, ELEMENTARY FIRST AID, PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES.
    I have all the abilities, everywhere except mechanical.
    Due to problems I have begin my career goals with (ENTRY LEVEL )

Advice to Senior ManagementIs good for them to manage the way they are because inexperienced seamen onboard can cause problems to the company especially during maneuver, use of winches, STS etc..

Great Environment for Learning and Growth

Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Opportunities. Performance based pay. Great exposure to clients and upper management. Very challenging yet exciting work.

ConsCompany suffers from poor management in some key positions. Needs better leadership and vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid filling the gaps in processes and job functions and focus on getting existing employee base to increase performance with incentive based pay and recognition.

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA big pro is the quantity of work and fast paced. Good hands-on experience. Get to go offshore. Get to see results. Few meetings, few emails.

ConsLittle training. Communication can be better. Divers and other non-degreed personnel are promoted to Project Managers. Since this is their first time working in an office environment, they are not used to tracking budgets, schedules, leading teams, and communicating effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is little motivation for the working troops. No comp time, overtime, or bonuses based on the qty of work that gets done. However, upper management gets bonuses based on amount of work that is brought into the company. Therefore, workload is every increasing, but same pay for those who are doing the work.

Good experience with Oil and Gas Equipment Project engineering

Engineering (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood pay, in the suburbs ( proximity to good schools), Good stock growth, 401k match, good experience with work, work on diverse products, expand your technical learning very quick, you will have opportunity to build and grow with the team

ConsPoor product life cycle management system, No structured personal development plans. Poor training opportunities, no bonus program for non management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a 360degree feedback process for the employees so that their voice, suggestions are heard.

Great Environment, work with smart people

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEveryone is friendly and easy to work with

ConsUgly offices and bad part of town

When there was work it was great, but when it gets slow it is horrible

Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits, good pay, flexible hours.

ConsLack of supervision on some employees. Poor organization and money wasted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what employees really do in there cubicles. ie. facebook, videos, get there degree on line, etc

Worked for Oceaneering International? Contribute to the Community!