Oceaneering International

Oceaneering International Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Oceaneering International President and CEO M. Kevin McEvoy

M. Kevin McEvoy

Pros
  • Great company and very great people to work with(in 7 reviews)

• The company as a whole is very family oriented and will help you in any way possible during times of need(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I don't have a problem with long hours, but pay should be commensurate(in 4 reviews)

• Company suffers from poor management in some key positions(in 3 reviews)

Great Culture, Smart People surround you. If you want to move in a direction, they help you get there.

Master PLanner (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proscareer opportunities everywhere. Oceaneering has many divisions in many countries.

Conshours can be long, workload is extremely high

Oceaneering is a great, family-like oriented company.

Drafter/Designer (Current Employee) Morgan City, LA

ProsVery close communications with co-workers, family oriented, hard workers with great work ethics

ConsFavoritism is very common in the work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more training, advancement, and schooling options.

Nice people, good experience

Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

ProsFantastic experience, great support from every team members

Consa bit more flexibility, although I'm very much comfortable with current working hours...thinking of flexi Friday maybe? :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where the Inexperienced Excel and Experienced Go No Where

Material Coordinator (Former Employee) Morgan City, LA

ProsWork and money to make a living

ConsToo many "still wet behind the ears" people with bigger positions than they're qualified for.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring mainly women right out of school then giving them high positions just for your own eye candy. It's an age old known fact about Oceaneering. I'm not saying that anyone should and could perform a job but it's very strange that young and attractive girls, with very little to no experience are promoted quickly while the less attractive aren't given such opportunities or equal salaries. All it takes is one look to see that looks and skirt lengths are the key factors to achievement there.

Very Poor, No Growth, No career advancement, cheap management

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

ProsGood place to spend time without doing anything

ConsManagement is inexperienced, they don't know how to manage skills. Worst of all, to save the blame they fire people. I have seen more then a dozen people who were walked out from the gate. Very political environment. You don't need to be talented or educated to be a senior, but you should know how to butter people. Its one of the worst places I have ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementPl educate yourself.

Cool products, but not a good place to work.

ProsInteresting products. Seemingly good reputation with customers.

ConsLow morale, painfully poor communication within the organization, culture of keeping employees as contractors rather than bringing people on full-time, inconsistent treatment of one employee vs. another (poor or non-existent HR protocols), departments do not work together as a team, but instead work against each other, culture of HUGE egos that get in the way of productivity, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam-building training maybe? All I can say is that many of the problems seem to come from the top.

Good company to enter the subsea community.

Service Tech (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to learn the basics of subsea, hydraulics, electrical and controls. Completions and work over on drill ships, semi submersibles, and platform rigs.

ConsA lot of nepotism, and good ole boy atmosphere. Training was hit or miss: sometimes it was relevant and current and sometime it was antiquated and general. Compensation was adequate for a beginning career but not for a family.

Great company to work for.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat people and good culture

Consthere are a number of processes that slow down the business in my opinion

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Good Learning company

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood place to enter oil and gas field

ConsAll departments work like small groups

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get more like a big company now, all small groups are acting as stand alone company

You are going to learn a lot!

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Chandigarh (India)

ProsYou are going to learn softwares, machine designing and a lot of technical aspects of Oil & Gas Industry. The team is a small one in India right now, so, learning and getting recognition for the work: both are easy.

ConsThe remuneration is not up there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe remunerations should be reconsidered at first.

Worked for Oceaneering International? Contribute to the Community!