Oceanwide

Updated Oct 31, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mitchell Wasserman

Overall it's a great place to work...

Development Team Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oceanwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIn the 12 years I;ve been here, Oceanwide has seen it's share of up's and down's, trust me I've seen them all. Anyone who's come aboard during a bad phase could certainly have a poor perception of the place. Like a lot of companies, I think OW had issues with growth and it took them some time to deal with the issues. There was a time when overtime was constant and quality was sometimes overlooked in favor of delivering on time. Another issue was, difficulty getting a decision on something as there were too many "Chefs in the Kitchen" causing a variety of opinions and often times standstills.

Since this time, OW has implemented new development methodologies, latest technology, Improved QA and Automation, Created dedicated Config Management and Operation teams, Appointed the (mostly)right leaders and most importantly, focused on Quality.

Growth is good to very good, I've seen Customer support reps -> Executives, Developers -> Business Analysts, Customer support reps -> QA, Customer support reps -> DBA's...

Salary and Benefits are industry average.
Profit sharing initiative.

Culture is great!

So overall I'd say yeah, it's a good place to work.

ConsCan be slow to react to situations.
Pay could be higher

Not a bad place if you want to stay for awhile and not grow

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Oceanwide

Prosno micro management, lots of freedom. management is approachable. leader in the niche industry, large established clients. stable and growing environment, expansion into other domains. good people overall, HR understanding and Friendly.

Consno real career growth opportunities (small teams)
not up to date with current technology (stagnant) upgrade out of necessity (end of life products)
promises made rarely kept
24/7 expectations without the compensation
no Career direction, or clear measurable goals laid out during evaluations
poor communication between different departments, and too much politics

Advice to Senior Managementeliminate the politics and pay people better salaries. As well as provide some kind of development and growth opportunities to staff to keep them engaged and current otherwise you will continue to have high turn over and loose skilled staff to more challenging roles.

Developing at Oceanwide

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Oceanwide

ProsThe department I am in has flexibility for work hours. The location is great, near old Montreal. They have steady customers

ConsThey place a lot of undue pressure on individual staff produce the near impossible. There are many promises to lure talent but they do not do a great job on following up. It is easy to get stuck in rut, doing the same old thing with slightly dated technology. The communication between groups is dismal, somewhat hostile.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more openly and honestly with your employees. Take advantage of methodologies and technology to advance your products and services. Many of your employees bring this knowledge with them... don't throw it away. You have great ideas and vision ... just don't crush the people you have enlisted to help you reach your goals.

Worked for Oceanwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oceanwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oceanwide CEO Mitchell Wasserman. All reviews posted anonymously by Oceanwide employees.