Ochsner Health System

www.ochsner.org

Ochsner Health System Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Ochsner Health System – New Orleans – “Alton Ochsner Statue”

Ochsner Health System – New Orleans – “Alton Ochsner Statue”

Warner Thomas

Pros
  • Good benefits and growth opportunities (in 3 reviews)

• The work was quite easy and the atmosphere was laid back (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The below the cost of living increases in pay are the worst (in 3 reviews)

• work-life balance is only really acceptable for low-level employees (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place to work in Louisiana

Staff Scientist (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsOchsner Medical Center has Good working culture. Depending on the position one may have flexile time of working. Skill development. Great benefits.

ConsOchsner Medical Center has some veard rules. Non clinical employes should not be pressurized for taking clinical exams.

Ochsner has several opportunites if you are willing to train for them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsOchsner offers the opportunities to grow with education reimbursement policy. In some departments as you take on new tasks it helps to move you up to the next level when raise time comes around.

ConsSome deparatments dont have offices you have to work in tight quarters and that is real hard at times. If you are a smoker you can not smoke on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen when employees are having problems and work with them to try and come up with a solution for the issues.

Working at Ochsner was rewarding and educational I got to work with some doctors from other country which was enjoyable

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsVery good benefits and educational opportunities enter act with doctors from other country,which was exciting and pleasant, different software tools.

ConsLearning the difference of specialist medicine

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to understand every employee disposition

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a company I want to work for again

Ancillary (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsSalary here is just as comparable as anywhere.

ConsHow they pick manager is a joke. HR only sticks up for the managers no matter what. It's who you know and not what you know that gets you the promotions. Senior level care very little of their employees. Any mangers that have the balls to speak up are dismissed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop kissing butts period! Happy employees equal happy workplace.

Leadership lacks consistent vision

Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsLocal company, good health insurance, fair starting wage and benefits packae

ConsSenior leadership tends to treat non-physician employees as a drawback rather than benefit. Beginning with orientation, employees are warned about the damage they can do, including the ways that they cost the hospital money.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate management attitudes to recognize that non-MD employees provide all of the ability for physicians to generate the revenue that they do.

It was a wonderful experience to work with the doctor and patients

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsIt was a busy clinic with never a dull moment. The provider was great and sincere about what he done. It was a steady workflow. The patients were great.

ConsThe manager showed favoritism between employees. The pay was horrible. I started at 13.00 per hr and when I did receive a raise it was .04 therefore I begin making 13.04. I found a different job to better my household.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is the place to work but the amount of pay for the work you do is not reasonable,

Ochsner offers a great learning experience but with little understanding of the "little people" from senior leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to focus on skill development, lateral mobility, worldclass healthcare, many locations from which to work are all great benefits of working at OHS.

ConsLeadership seems to be involved with daily life, but their efforts to connect seem to come out of theory books, rather than the real world. Benefits packages leave a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with administrative/analytic employees in a way that will allow you to address their needs appropriately. Realize that not everyone is a doctor or nurse, yet all employees should be valued as such.

Good place to work but food bad

Surgical Tech (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

Prosexcellent place to work good hours

Conslong hours and the food service there isnt good

Too many leaders, too few followers

Network Administrator II (Former Employee) Jefferson, LA

ProsExcellent planning of IT projects

ConsLack of staff to successfully complete projects as planned.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management latter is getting too tall, shorten it just a few levels and when spending money on new software consider spending a small percentage of that to train the engineers who will be supporting it.

Too regimented

Ophthalmic Tech (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsVery professional atmosphere, employee relations could be better.

Constoo regimented, locked in to company procedures

Advice to Senior Managementmore flexible with individual situations.

Worked for Ochsner Health System? Contribute to the Community!