Ockham Development Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Baker

Not a bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ockham Development Group

ProsFamily run, family environment. Flexible.

ConsLong hours during busy times

Advice to Senior Managementnone

One of the worse places to work

CRA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ockham Development Group full-time for less than a year

ProsSalary, IT department support in some areas, Hr support.

ConsUpper management does not care and does not know the daily activities of lower management. Middle Management is not capable nor educated on what a CRO is to be. Middle management not capable to retain sponsors. No initial company training, no technical support and in some areas no support at all. Chain of command a blur. Middle managers issue conflicting orders to CRAs. To many middle level managers are involved in personal issues and do not care about issues related to Ockham.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to be involved is daily activities. Middle management is running the company out of business. Middle management focus is on personal gains and not company wide advancement. Middle management are not responsive to sponsors needs and that will sink the company fast. If this company wants to become the oncology experts they need to hire oncology experts and not hire people out of desperation.

I worked at Ockham Development Group for about a year as a Sales Support Associate.

Sales Support Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Ockham Development Group full-time for less than a year

ProsMy manager was amazing. If you are going into the Ockham Source department you will be very pleased. There was always something new to learn and I had open communication with my manager. They offer a lot of cross training between recruiters/business development. The employees were friendly. They provide bagels every friday!

ConsThe health benefits are not the best. Not much flexibility to work from home.Usually the compensation could be better.

Clinical Trial Assistant

I have been working at Ockham Development Group full-time for less than a year

ProsOckham has a family feel to it. It offers competiive wages and the benifits are "ok". 401K is great, Dress down on Fridays, and bagels and coffee too. Sounds small but it's nice when your working. The company is growning and I think the CEO and President are moving in the right diretion. BD has keeps contracts coming in. Sign are pointing up...

Conshealth benifits are just "okay" to weak. very "clicky", can't work from home,

Ockham is both challenging and rewarding, and will continue to grow.

I have been working at Ockham Development Group

ProsSmall company atmosphere with the potential to grow quickly.
Staff is very knowledgeable and genuinely cares about the business.
Co-workers are very friendly.
Free coffee everyday with bagels and jeans on Friday :)

ConsLike most small companies, roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined and most people have to wear multiple "hats"

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow the company and keep investing in people, tools and resources.

Skill-sets very lacking across every department especially senior leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsApproximately industry standard pay
Great place if you have been employed there for numerous years

ConsLegacy employees and senior leadership lack current industry skill-sets
Legacy employees and senior leadership do not readily accept any ideas
Not easy for anyone to assimilate into
No current data management technology for their industry

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire any new employees until the current leadership has the ability to understand the industry they are in.

Good place to kick start your career...but may not be a good place if you want to advance in your career.

Senior SAS Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Ockham Development Group

Prosflexible hours, decent pay, work from home facility (although depends on the client you are working)

ConsNot many clients so you are off one project and you may have very limited choices to find another project within, lack of communication between management and employees, some projects worked long hours for very long time (+ months) and was not allowed to charge overtime to the client however the company did not do anything about it. Point is probably they didn't negotiate properly with client on budgeted hours and so for that consultants were suffered.

Worked for Ockham Development Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ockham Development Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ockham Development Group CEO Jim Baker. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Ockham Development Group employees.