Octapharma Plasma

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
2.3

CEO

Octapharma Plasma is a good learning place. If you want experience in phlebotomy, this is the place for you.

Current Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Garland, TX

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent company to learn Phlebotomist skills.

Cons

The pay rate should match the job description. Little pay for a very serious job.

Be more attentive to your employees needs.

It's a fun great place to work!

I worked at Octapharma Plasma

Pros

Meeting new people,always something different, fun staff and company

Cons

Working Holidays and Evening shifts

Worst job I've ever had.

I worked at Octapharma Plasma

Pros

The only thing I can think of that was positive about this job was when we had a hurricane the paid us for bad weather and gave us the day off. The structure the company offered was pretty consistent.

Cons

It was AWFULLY monotonous. The same thing for 8 hours a day 40 hours a week. Nothing was interesting or challenging at all. There was also no possibity for advancement. I was promised a raise and new job title within a month of hire and it never happened. It finally got to the point I couldn't take anymore and walked off the job. I wouldnt recommend this job to my worst enemy..

You have got to break the monotony.

Terrible place to work, get the experience and LEAVE!!!

Current Employee - Phelbotomist in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Phelbotomist in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience in a "medical atmosphere".

Cons

Micro managing, poor pay, disrespectful managers, rude and disrespectful donors, unapproachable leadership, DRAMA!!!

Wonderful

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma

Pros

Very fast promotions! I started as a donor less than two years ago now I am assistant manager making good money and opportunities are still developing. I love working for OPI!

Cons

The operating hours make scheduling fair difficult. The starting pay is $8.00/hr which is on the low side for the type of work.

Always train/retrain employees so that bad habits don't develop. Reward job well done. And I don't like the new rule on only hiring those with a college degree into management positions new employees with a degree are not better than the employ whose worked for the company for years. They do not understand the company as well. That might just be this area though.

A Bio-Therapeutic Company that gives people a chance to SAVE a LIFE.

Former Employee - Senior Plasma Processing Tech/Designated Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Building work/personal relationships
    Advance in company, whether production or upper management
    Benefits
    Offers Training without degree
    Great to gain experience
    Management made time for their employees

Cons

Stressful
    Demanding (expect to make it your life)

No comment

SMH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hour lunch to get away from the nonsense, the schedule. Nothing else.

Cons

Omg where do I start. Gossip, gossip and more gossip, constant horse-playing and inappropriate conversations in front of donors, catty women, drama, the way they treat the donors smh ..... not cool at all. The pay is no where near enough for the amount of bs you have to deal with on a day to day basis. Very hostile environment at times. Other times is tooooo laid back. Lack of structure. Obvious favoritism. Training is pretty rushed. I can go on forever.

No words!

Physician Substitute- LPN/RN/Paramedic

Former Employee - Physician Substitute in Orange Park, FL
    Former Employee - Physician Substitute in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyable atmosphere with lifelong friendships

Cons

Dicey managers, questionable methods, look out for themselves

Dissatisfied employee

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Scheduling is a joke! No consideration to employees needs. No respect to employees. Hourly pay is ridiculous! There are too many chiefs and none of them know what the others are doing. No one is on the same page. You can ask two of them the same question and they will give you two different answers. Employees are not being trained correctly. They are all taught something different.

Be considerate of your employees needs. You have a lot of unhappy employees and some of them are looking for others jobs. If you want to keep them, show them respect.
    Find someone who knows how to make a schedule that works!!

Interesting introduction to phlebotomy

Former Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Aurora, IL

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time

Pros

The hours were always steady due to the nature of the business. You got to know some people very well because of their frequency in attending to donate. Not a whole lot of growth opportunity as a phlebotomist. Though new donors were the most challenging, frequent donors were easy to insert the needle because of how often they would donate. Some overtime depending on if one of the last donors were to have a reaction that would require them to remain in the chairs to hydrate and eat something. Benefits were sub-par to non existent but at least it was something rather than nothing at all.

Cons

Long hours on your feet. Some donors could be very difficult in personality and the company expected you to tolerate them unless they became overwhelmingly verbally abusive and of course physically threatening. Have to "watch" and listen to a limited repertoire of movies. Repetitive work.

Management was very good to the employees. They were trained to do the work of donor technician so they would be able to jump in if it got very busy and the floor was down 1 or 2 technicians. It would have been beneficial to have cross-training for the screening and intake services as well as the processing of the product.