Octapharma Plasma Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

2.3

CEO

Don't get stuck in the loop.

Current Employee - Medical Screener  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Medical Screener in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for less than a year

Pros

The insurance package, some coworkers are very easy to get along with, easy job training, guaranteed 32-34 hours a week for full time

Cons

time off policies, lots of favoritism, abuse of position, very repetitive and boring job, not much in terms of advances, the raises are a joke.

Don't play favorites and don't talk about employees as if they aren't there because it'll get back to them eventually.

Busy business, saving lives

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Save lives, people, benefits, work experience

Cons

Long hours but no complaints

Keep up the good work

High turnover rate for a REASON!

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma

Pros

You can get away with almost anything as long as you get along with management. And the experience

Cons

What isn't wrong with this place? Management knows diddly about running this establishment. They practically pay you in peanuts. The people who work there shouldn't even be allowed to come near the building. They let ANYTHING donate, no matter how ghetto they are. If you don't kiss up to management you probably won't be there for long. You have to reuse the gloves on multiple donors until they rip, or get blood or iodine on them. Management is no where to be found in stressful situations. The few who have been there for years don't even know the proper protocols. Who do you go to when your superiors don't have the answers? I can go on for days...

Stop hiring imbeciles and stop awarding those who are lazy and do nothing throughout the day and start rewarding those who actually deserve it. And as far as corporate goes... Just because you're in a certain position doesn't mean you are better than anyone else. I breathe the same air you do so get off your high horse.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of professional advancement or acceptable compensation incentives.

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As the economy worsens, business increases but so does stress and dissatisfaction increases among the staff, with no end in sight.

Cons

20% growth in revenue each year for four years, that should equal at least a minimum increase in compensation for all of those employees that have led to that phenomenal success. A 1% yearly raise, really?

Awful!!! Dangerous!!! Not managed right at all!!!

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is not really many pros to working here but the experience.

Cons

Everything about this place is garbage. If you are not friends with management you probably not going anywhere in this company. There is no way to get noticed from anyone to advance in any way. It doesn't matter how long you work there or the experience you have if you are friends or dating management you will probably be stuck at the bottom making almost minimum wage. We all went to school. There is no raise system. And when you get your yearly observation there is no way to have a perfect score. The management is clueless in how to run this place. The pay is poor... They let anything with a heart beat come thru the doors and donate... Dangerous and unsanitary workplace and we are not compensated right. If it wasn't for me building a case against this place and my lawyer telling me to stick it out I would have already left. If anyone could help us out it would greatly be appreciated. As you can see from the reviews they are awful. I think it will be not only a help to the community and our pockets if we can expose this place of what it really is. It is an exploitation of some sorts I know it.

The donors might pay your salaries but the employees move this boat. There are never quality employees here because they always leave to companies that actually care about their employees.

Worst environment ever!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are on Welfare and Medicaid and need to be careful to not make too much money this is the place for you!

Cons

Everything! The inmates run the asylum. The worlds most miserable clients. Worst of the worst.

Why didn't you ever leave? It might have to do with your lack of marketable skills.

normal to bad

Former Employee - Donor Floor Technician  in  Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Garland, TX

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time for less than a year

Pros

great hours ,u get to see different ppl everyday

Cons

pay increase real fast plus u can get a 50 cent raise for cross training to each job

Poor pay in a dangerous environment

Current Employee - Medical Screener  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Medical Screener in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good medical experience for those just starting out in the medical field
    - Easy to be cross-trained to other departments and increase salary/experience

Cons

- Extremely low salary for everything that you have to do
    - Actively seeks out employees with college degrees but does not pay them according to expertise or experience levels
    - Management is so far detached from the actual problems of the employees that many don't even bother going to management with problems
    - Donors are rude at best and dangerous at worst (there's no security in the building, and my location faced many problems with sexual harassment from donors)
    - Hours are ridiculous; you could easily be there until 10pm during the busier times

Be more sensitive to the needs of employees and stop trying to work them like workhorses. They are people too, surprisingly enough.

Business as usual

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No two days are exactly the same.

Cons

Negligible room for professional advancement and financial compensation is well below comparable averages.

Increase security measures for all field locations and don't be afraid to reward those who are directly responsible for that very significant success you continue to enjoy in a hard economic climate.

Growing

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is an efficient one. They got rid of the paper charts and are constantly looking for easier ways to do our work. They contribute up to 6% to your 401K! That is super-awesome!

Cons

The company needs alot of work when it comes to employee morale. We only have 3 holidays and in severe weather we are still expected to come in. They seem to be more concerned with the equipment and plasma, than the staff. Salaries are very low.

Step down off the pedestal and listen to the critical members of the company who work in the centers.

Worked for Octapharma Plasma? Contribute to the Community!