Octapharma Plasma Reviews

Reset

Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The management staff seem nice

Cons

Not know what time your going to get off work

2. Its a job...that's about it

Current Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Donor Floor Technician in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a people person, so I do like interacting with the donors.

Cons

Schedule is available one to two days before the week starts! Never get out of work on time. Management has no control over its employees. There is no professionalism. Its "ghetto". Underpaid for dealing with biohazard materials. Lured to the job with "every time you cross train you can get another .50/hour", but they are so understaffed they won't let you get off the floor to cross train. They don't care about their employees. The management has no experience in business, no MBAs, no business classes.

Advice to Management

Hire some real managers! Pay more for decent employees. Its no wonder your turnover rate is so high. You expect us to be on time for our shift, but we cann't rely on you to send us home on time to be with our families. No wonder we all have bad attitudes.

Medical Screener

Current Employee - Medical Screener in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Medical Screener in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Some of the best reason to work for Octapharma Plasma is I got to learn, and preform different procedures, as in drawing blood samples from donors finger, using capillary tubes. Recording vital signs. Checking to make sure that the donor is healthy enough to donate is my part of the whole procedure. They offer great benefits. Its a easy job but yet business oriented job.

Cons

They are unorganized. They never have the schedule made on time. The employees have to call the next day to see if they have to work. They have a lot of favoritism going on in Octapharma Plasma. The Center is not in order. They are under Inspections all the time. Donors do what they want to do. Donors are very rude.

Advice to Management

Change their whole team. Get some grown adults to run the center. Hire people that wants to work. Stop letting doors do what they want to do. Tell employees, and donors to keep the noise level to a minimum. No taking or cells phone while being screened in the booths.

poor place to work what a misstake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time

Pros

health care and 401plain you get really no help from the upper mang

Cons

split days off. leads threat their tech bad. they don't seem to care verbal threats made on the donor floor.

Advice to Management

clean up your act

Un-professional work environment

Pros

The location of the corporate office was ideal and very impressive.

Cons

Work environment was poor. Low moral. Employee let go frequently.

Terrible.

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offer Cross-Training, Most of the nice donors actually make it worthwhile

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism here so be prepared for that. The turnover rate is extremely high. Many don’t stay for long and any donor would tell you this. They’ll hire almost anyone. There are long and draining hours. Sometimes you don’t even know when you will be going home. The scheduling is jumbled with no rotation among each employee. The ones they favor usually get the best times. Employees do have the option to cross train for other positions after they’ve gradually worked their way up but because Octapharma is so cheap and unorganized the process seems to take forever for certain positions! Plus it is about .50 cent extra per position (Very low pay for the work that is taken on). The annual raises offered are low as well. There are higher raises at Wal-Mart than here. Also having education or certifications won’t matter much neither. Did I mention that they’ll hire almost ANYONE? These are only a “few” cons I've dealt with since working with this company. Trust me, there is more.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism! Show more appreciation towards your employees who actually do great work. Quit being so cheap and hire quality workers.

Phlebotomist

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the donors can help with your day. A lot of them are very nice.

Cons

Bad work environment, coworkers always call in or don't feel like showing up. Most don't stay for very long.

Advice to Management

Make a better environment for your employees.

Dont do it

Current Employee - Medical Screener in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Medical Screener in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits and that's about all

Cons

everything else is pretty much a con

Advice to Management

Stop wit the favoritism

10. Robust growth. Great pride in accomplishments.

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthy, abundant perks in corporate office. Management seems to listen to employees. There is a feeling of family and intimacy in work culture. Environment is very friendly, relaxed and comfortable and upper management seems to do a good job at helping employees feel valued . I have a very great deal of pride working for this company and it's the first time that I haven't wanted to look for another job while I'm working. My experience is subjective, however!

Cons

Growing pains in corporate office results in communication gaps across departments and across the board..Exciting changes happening but hard to keep up with them and adapt to new processes, etc.on a day to day level.

Advice to Management

Continue being positive and believing in what we do. That attracts the employees that we have with the desire to work for a greater good..

11. Run from this place!

Former Employee - Senior Phlebotomist in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Phlebotomist in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

sadly there are no pros to working for this company in Madison Heights.staff are unfriendly and unpleasant management is difficult to work for and unless you are a woman never plan on getting into any supervisory or management position.

Cons

management will lie to you and promise you the moon but will never deliver on such a promise.

Advice to Management

get your act together and treat your employees like they deserve to be treated

RSS Feed </> Embed