Ocwen Financial

www.ocwen.com

Ocwen Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Ocwen Financial President, CEO, and Director, Ocwen Financial and Ocwen Federal Bank Ronald M. Faris

Ronald M. Faris

Pros
  • good salary and good responsibility(in 8 reviews)

• earn good incentives with a chillax enviornment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management never speaks up for their teams(in 7 reviews)

• Too much pressure and no defined work hours(in 5 reviews)

Employees are considered disposable bodies

Manager (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsSome wonderful people work there, and I learned many valuable lessons during my 7 years there.

ConsAwful management, when put in supervisory role expected to work at least 10 hours a day, no middle management so ridiculous amount of direct reports, Too many hours, too much work, no help from management, and overlook qualified internal candidates in order to hire externally.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt takes a long time to fully understand loan servicing and employee retention and knowledge is valuable, stop treating people as meaningless button pushers.

Unorganized

ProsThey have bi weekly pay

Consall of there departments are outsourced, which means there are allot of layoff, downsizing to India

Experience as a former employee

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsInsufficient time as an employee to provide.

ConsCame onboard through an acquisition . The growth as a servicing entity and lack of astrong integration team and communication platform resulted in a negative experience. Transition due to a better opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if the goal is growth through acquisition there is room for improvement in your existing business model, process of outsourcing to Altasource sites in India and other non -US sites and vendors indicate lack of QA and a reactive approach .

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No respect or appreciation

HRC (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsNice office, nice break rooms.

ConsTerrible management, terrible HR, micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your team, ask your team for feedback.

This is a terrible company. They are barely stringing us along while they offshore our jobs to India.

ProsI really can't think of any.

ConsThere is a big lack of communication, the benefits are terrible, HR is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least pretend to care about your employees.

Has Potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPays well
    Growing fast so should be around for a while
    Lots of work so you stay busy
    Not too bad if you get the right manager

ConsMediocre benefits, very poor downward communication, no work/life balance, high turnover, tend to hire from outside rather than promote from within, more positions filled offshore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like assets and not like they are trying to rip you off. The good ones will stay and work hard.

keep looking

Prosnone , Ocwen is buying everything in the mortgage servicing industry. Lots of overlap in servicing moving many people around, getting rid of depts

Conseverything is moving overseas, too many to name here, Benefits including 401k an insurance are not that great

Advice to Senior Managementget out while you can

I never worked for Ocwen directly, they were our "clients"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNOTHING. there is nothing good about this company. they are a waste of time and care more about money that getting their stuff done on time and correctly and paying their employees, like the people who left previous comments

Consall of their people are Indian. we cannot understand them, we don't get anything back, we have to repeat and repeat ourselves over and over and over and over and still NOTHING gets done. they are a waste of time

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP OUTSOURCING!!! if you want your stuff to get done, you need people who speak English and who know what is going on. stop wasting every ones time with people who cannot understand you. instead, focus more on paying your great employees here in the states and train them.

Cannibalistic corporate take over & 85% of IT Jobs moving offshore

IT Executive (Current Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsUnfortunately I have experienced no Pros in this acquisition

ConsMedical Insurance changed (with minimal notice to employees) in the middle of the 2013 enrollment year
    Executive management refuses to share org charts/short term/long term corporate goals with new employees
    Violated SEC provisions of the Warren Act after acquiring Homeward Residential in 2012

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the "heartbeat" and the energy of any successful corporation. Embracing a corporate culture which is inclusive of your employees and communicating the importance of the value they bring.

Benefits not good for California employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rancho Cordova, CA

ProsMultiple locations
    good growth if you want to travel
    locations in the Caribbean
    Market leader in mortgage servicing arena
    Public traded company

Constreats salaried employees like hourly
    benefits not good for California based employees
    IT Services and HR Services disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow the growth of adding companies so you can integrate properly
    better communication from senior management about org structure

Worked for Ocwen Financial? Contribute to the Community!