Odesus

3.5

CEO

Unlimited potential

I have been working at Odesus full-time

Pros

For an experienced professional in IT Staffing and who is serious about their career, it doesn't get too much better than this. Not having a "full desk" to run means you can just focus on Recruiting or focus on Client Management. For Recruiters, the high volume of job orders (prioritized to keep it manageable) means greater earning potential. Staffing always include metrics, but compared to other companies...it hardly exists. If you're performing and producing results, you're proving that you know what you're doing and you don't have to be micro-managed. No company is "perfect", but what you can find here are open doors to Executive Management, Client Managers who care about their clients and business, Recruiters who are willing to congratulate each other, an Operations team willing to go the extra mile and strong, valued relationships with our Clients / Consultants.

Cons

If you're just starting out in IT Staffing and need or expect a lot of basic 101 type of training or hand-holding, then Odesus may not be for you.

A fun boutique technical staffing firm

Current Employee - Recruiter in Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at Odesus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Odesus is fun place to work where you are continually challenged while being professionally supported, where you can work with tenured professionals in a team-oriented environment. There is a work-equals-reward incentive structure which is equitable and without the cut-throat mentality found at many of the larger corporate agencies. It is team that likes to win and is quite driven, but also realizes this business is a marathon, not a sprint. You are provided with a competitive toolkit or recruiting resources and they have a well-defined internal process. Provided parking, free coffee/espresso and stocked snack bar in the break room are nice perks.

Cons

The work load is expected for the current high-demand Los Angeles tech market, which is pretty high. You can be asked to work on a few non-technical positions from time-to-time, sometimes in F&A or administrative, but usually there is at least some overlap with traditional tech roles. Adequate technology hardware, VOIP, and internet, but could be better.

Keep up the good work! There is a good energy in the office and the future looks bright.

Good Opportunities

I have been working at Odesus

Pros

I have worked at Odesus for awhile now and for a couple other IT staffing firms in the past. The biggest difference I have found here is that there is not micromanagement or a lot of daily, unnecessary, meetings that take time away from actually getting work done. There are constantly plenty of job reqs being worked on across just about all skill sets, and industries.

Cons

There is seemingly always a high volume of job specs coming in from clients to work on, so if you come from another company where you are working on 5 or less positions at a given time you have to have the ability to adapt quickly.

Horrible Agency to Contract Through. Run Away as Fast as you can

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They have connections with some Clients

Cons

- Terrible Payment Terms and pure billing scam . As a contractor through them you would expect to be treated as a valued employee. This is not the case. As soon as i accepted the offer i started noticing that they were just interested in your billing. Their attitude should have warned me to run away. However since i was deep in the process i still went ahead and took the opportunity.
    - Fast forward to the end of contract. They shafted me of a couple of days of PAY!!
    - I am so glad i did not work for them longer and generated more billing for these scamsters.

The way you treat your contractors will come back to bite you. In a industry where its a pretty well inter connected group of potential employees the word will spread. Your ex employees will tell potential clients about their experience with you.

Positive Experience - Collaborative and friendly company culture

I have been working at Odesus

Pros

The employees at Odesus are friendly, helpful, and all well experienced at what they do. The company culture is positive, collaborative and team oriented and it is very common to hear recruiters work together to discuss candidates and job orders with one another. The company has invested in the latest and greatest ATS system and continues to support the success of recruiters with many recruiting sources to use (job boards, postings, and other tools). Client list is also impressive.

Work/life balance is extremely decent for a staffing agency. While everyone works very hard, and on occasion may stay late here and there, this is not an agency where regular 12 hour days are expected. Leadership's strategy seems to emphasize focusing on working smarter and more efficiently as opposed to working harder.

Benefits and time off are fair and the office is not only gorgeous, it is in a great area with lots of lunch options within walking distance. Oh, and the 4 fancy coffee machines, flat screen TV in the stocked kitchen, casual Fridays, and car wash service in the parking garage are nice too.

My experience here has been positive with everyone - from the person at the front desk up to the owner of the company.

Cons

The team is professional and very experienced, therefore someone who can hit the ground running and doesn't require hand holding will do better here. Benefits are fair and are continuously being reviewed for room to improve and to become great.

Continue with the positive environment that you have created and continue to invest in your employees

High Turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are really nice

Cons

There's a constant lack of trust; recruiters are not trusted
    There's low employee morale
    Fear is used as a motivator
    As an employee, you never feel appreciated or valued
    When you leave the company, you're blamed for low performance and talked about by ownership
    Environment is very toxic

Treat your employees better

Interesting

I have been working at Odesus as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay depending on how you look at it.

Cons

Continual project placement, Typically 1 and done

Fast paced, growing company that is changing to meet the needs of it's employees and clients

Current Employee - Office Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Odesus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am a newer employee to Odesus and since I came onboard, I have been aware of some major improvement in the way things are handled here in management, time off and perks. The regular hours have been reduced, the management has changed out and the perks have grown to some really great levels. Now we work from 8:30am - 5:30pm weekdays and there are more great changes to come!

Cons

Change, although needed can take adjustment and Odesus is going through some serious change right now.

An increase in training employees will always benefit the company. I look forward to hearing about new training programs being put into place.

Great Company, fast paced!

I have been working at Odesus full-time

Pros

Great company and good people to work with. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time and have greatly expanded my skills and knowledge in the industry. The fast paced environment keeps for an interesting workload that can be challenging at times but is also rewarding! Hard work and dedication do not go unnoticed and is rewarded. Overall an excellent and enjoyable company to work for.

Cons

Heavy workload at times but not uncommon for this type of business.

More opportunities for advancement.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company with a superb group of people. If you are independent, driven and don't like being micro-managed, this is a great place to succeed. You are given the flexibility to manage your own time and priorities without the burden of redundant reports or metrics. The account management team is very experienced with great client relationship. This is a first class company which gave me the opportunity to excel.

Cons

None. I would work there again and highly recommend the organization.