Odesus Reviews

Updated April 10, 2015
19 reviews filtered by
3.8
CEO

1. Great place to work with untapped opportunity!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Odesus

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about Odesus! I left another IT staffing company where the employees weren't treated fairly, the base pay was very low, and recruiters had to compete with each other to make placements. My time at Odesus has been the complete opposite. All the Account Executives have great client relationships and they are all willing to help in anyway to help you succeed. The CEO and upper management are all understanding of work/life balance and they don't mind listening to any input or recommendations you might have. The office space is nice and big and the snack bar is not to shabby either! All of the recruiters bring a different element to the company and we all get along. I am looking forward in the future here at odesus.

Cons

My commute is not the greatest and traffic gets really congested almost all day around the 405 fwy and Wilshire Blvd. area but I make it work and management is flexible with work schedule.

Advice to Management

Only advice I have is keep the lines of communication between operations, management, and recruiters open.

2. Great experience and Learning a lot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Odesus for just over a year and a half. At first it was tough getting into the groove of things, just as any job is. I am now growing in my position and enjoying the people that I work and the work that I do every day.

My fellow employees, like me, are hard workers but we have a good work/life balance and I feel like the superiors and the company owner are understanding of personal time.

The benefits, sick days and vacation days are good and better than most other companies. We even get a few personal days every year, which is great. The building location is great and close to everything. Our office is within a large high rise building, has a clean modern look and there are many other large companies within the building. the security and front desk people are great and make sure that we are safe going in and out of the buliding, at all hours.

Overall, My experience here has been positive and I hope to stay in the company and continue to grow.

Cons

We often have busy times and if you are not willing to work hard, you will be unhappy with any job.

Advice to Management

I would like more personal development opportunities.

3. Best staffing agency I've worked for

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for several staffing agencies, and Odesus was by far the best one. Some agencies have a very micro-management environment which doesn't bode well with me, and thankfully Odesus was the complete opposite. I was given the freedom and independence to do my job and trusted to do it well. It was also a very fun place to work. We had a great team and the company organized lots of events and happy hours for us.

Cons

The only thing I didn't enjoy were the morning meetings. I think maybe once or twice a week as opposed to every day would've been better.

Advice to Management

I liked occasionally attending client meetings because I think it's motivating to meet the hiring managers in order to understand their needs.

Unlimited potential

I have been working at Odesus full-time

Pros

For an experienced professional in IT Staffing and who is serious about their career, it doesn't get too much better than this. Not having a "full desk" to run means you can just focus on Recruiting or focus on Client Management. For Recruiters, the high volume of job orders (prioritized to keep it manageable) means greater earning potential. Staffing always include metrics, but compared to other companies...it hardly exists. If you're performing and producing results, you're proving that you know what you're doing and you don't have to be micro-managed. No company is "perfect", but what you can find here are open doors to Executive Management, Client Managers who care about their clients and business, Recruiters who are willing to congratulate each other, an Operations team willing to go the extra mile and strong, valued relationships with our Clients / Consultants.

Cons

If you're just starting out in IT Staffing and need or expect a lot of basic 101 type of training or hand-holding, then Odesus may not be for you.

A fun boutique technical staffing firm

Current Employee - Recruiter in Brentwood, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Brentwood, CA

I have been working at Odesus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Odesus is fun place to work where you are continually challenged while being professionally supported, where you can work with tenured professionals in a team-oriented environment. There is a work-equals-reward incentive structure which is equitable and without the cut-throat mentality found at many of the larger corporate agencies. It is team that likes to win and is quite driven, but also realizes this business is a marathon, not a sprint. You are provided with a competitive toolkit or recruiting resources and they have a well-defined internal process. Provided parking, free coffee/espresso and stocked snack bar in the break room are nice perks.

Cons

The work load is expected for the current high-demand Los Angeles tech market, which is pretty high. You can be asked to work on a few non-technical positions from time-to-time, sometimes in F&A or administrative, but usually there is at least some overlap with traditional tech roles. Adequate technology hardware, VOIP, and internet, but could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! There is a good energy in the office and the future looks bright.

Good Opportunities

I have been working at Odesus

Pros

I have worked at Odesus for awhile now and for a couple other IT staffing firms in the past. The biggest difference I have found here is that there is not micromanagement or a lot of daily, unnecessary, meetings that take time away from actually getting work done. There are constantly plenty of job reqs being worked on across just about all skill sets, and industries.

Cons

There is seemingly always a high volume of job specs coming in from clients to work on, so if you come from another company where you are working on 5 or less positions at a given time you have to have the ability to adapt quickly.

8. Positive Experience - Collaborative and friendly company culture

I have been working at Odesus

Pros

The employees at Odesus are friendly, helpful, and all well experienced at what they do. The company culture is positive, collaborative and team oriented and it is very common to hear recruiters work together to discuss candidates and job orders with one another. The company has invested in the latest and greatest ATS system and continues to support the success of recruiters with many recruiting sources to use (job boards, postings, and other tools). Client list is also impressive.

Work/life balance is extremely decent for a staffing agency. While everyone works very hard, and on occasion may stay late here and there, this is not an agency where regular 12 hour days are expected. Leadership's strategy seems to emphasize focusing on working smarter and more efficiently as opposed to working harder.

Benefits and time off are fair and the office is not only gorgeous, it is in a great area with lots of lunch options within walking distance. Oh, and the 4 fancy coffee machines, flat screen TV in the stocked kitchen, casual Fridays, and car wash service in the parking garage are nice too.

My experience here has been positive with everyone - from the person at the front desk up to the owner of the company.

Cons

The team is professional and very experienced, therefore someone who can hit the ground running and doesn't require hand holding will do better here. Benefits are fair and are continuously being reviewed for room to improve and to become great.

Advice to Management

Continue with the positive environment that you have created and continue to invest in your employees

Horrible Agency to Contract Through. Run Away as Fast as you can

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They have connections with some Clients

Cons

- Terrible Payment Terms and pure billing scam . As a contractor through them you would expect to be treated as a valued employee. This is not the case. As soon as i accepted the offer i started noticing that they were just interested in your billing. Their attitude should have warned me to run away. However since i was deep in the process i still went ahead and took the opportunity.
    - Fast forward to the end of contract. They shafted me of a couple of days of PAY!!
    - I am so glad i did not work for them longer and generated more billing for these scamsters.

Advice to Management

The way you treat your contractors will come back to bite you. In a industry where its a pretty well inter connected group of potential employees the word will spread. Your ex employees will tell potential clients about their experience with you.

High Turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Odesus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are really nice

Cons

There's a constant lack of trust; recruiters are not trusted
    There's low employee morale
    Fear is used as a motivator
    As an employee, you never feel appreciated or valued
    When you leave the company, you're blamed for low performance and talked about by ownership
    Environment is very toxic

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better

11. Interesting

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Odesus as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay depending on how you look at it.

Cons

Continual project placement, Typically 1 and done