Office Ally Reviews

2.4
Brian O'Neill

1. Love our Office Ally!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

I've been with the company for several years and many great changes have taken place. Its a place I have always called home and several of my peers feel the same. The CEO personally get's involved making sure our needs are being met.

Cons

How about changing or snack jars a bit! Otherwise, appreciate the free food and beverages!

Advice to Management

Continue with the great work in providing a challenging and engaged workplace.

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Office Ally full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food once a while. independent work, good job for temp (not for retirement worthy)

Cons

bad management, hours and pay not great, more cons than pros

Advice to Management

listen to employees and avoid favoritism

3. It was great for a while but didn't last. Would not go back!

Former Employee - .NET Developer
    Former Employee - .NET Developer

I worked at Office Ally full-time

Pros

Compensation package was good and the company is very profitable. Very fast pace so you should get a lot of work to do. Meals are provided on an occasional basis. Dress code is very casual.

Cons

Salaried IT professionals are still required to clock in/out and maintain a "shift" as if you were an hourly employee. The company uses monitoring devices so almost E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you do is tracked, viewed, recorded and archived. Management doesn't provide much leadership, instead focus on a more disciplinary role. Performance reviews are infrequent and inconsistent. The senior management often makes verbal promises of cash bonuses but never puts the terms in writing. Stingy on the paid holidays. Computer equipment was out of date and slow.

Advice to Management

I think the company needs new leadership at the top, middle and bottom. They have the experience and assets to make it great but they're holding themselves back with cronyism and negativity.

5. Ruined by a few bad apples.

Former Employee - Tech in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Tech in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Office Ally full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice co workers. Ok pay with health insurance plus 4 0 1 K plans. Casual office, dont care what you wear. We get free food and snax sometimes.

Cons

Management =inexperienced. Everyone plays the blame game when stuff goes wrong. Security cameras and stuff, feels like someone looking ever your shoulder all the time. The owner comes around and yells at people sometimes, he's a mean person. Got to walk around on egg shells.

Advice to Management

Be nice. People deserve PAID SICK TIME. Show respect towards the workers, we helped built this place too.

6. Wonderful

Current Employee - Data Tech in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Data Tech in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Office Ally full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not micromanaged. Management really cares about the staff. If you put yourself out there, and are persistent it is easy to move up and around. CEO cares about the staff, knows a lot, if not most, of the employees by name.

Cons

Training is unorganized at times. It can be a bit frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

7. Worst Job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Not A Chance
    Former Employee - Not A Chance

I worked at Office Ally full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Other employees are nice but very frightened of management. Free lunch a few times every month. Pizza. The checks don't bounce.

Cons

Management not interested in good work product focus is entirely on control. Use highly aggressive tactics to get peple to comply with secret agendas. No trust among employees. Work can be sabatoged by management. Lots of scapegoatingqand back stabbing.

Advice to Management

Management is the problem, they aren't listening look at the only positive review.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Office Ally full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning experience, not micromanaged while I was there, climate controlled office, variety of chairs available, headsets provided...I'm not joking around, there was very little positive.

Cons

No clear direction, no order, horrible working environment, sales employees routinely stealing from one another, no concern for the client, only the rep's paycheck, owner of the company doesn't respect/want/care about the sales department, only wants to sell the company, additional products are inferior to every competitor.

Advice to Management

Care more about the employees that drive your business. Realize that you don't know all things, and take advice from the people who are in the positions that you are manipulating.

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Tech Support in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Tech Support in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Office Ally full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy Job, Not stressful, great co-workers, good benefits, good 401k

Cons

Incompetent management, Employees not rewarded for hard work, Pay raises are not exactly based on performance and more about attendance. Contributing ideas on how to improve the company also not rewarded. Inconsistent policies. The job would be great if the management and CEO knew what they were doing. Compared to other places in a similar field they really fall behind in many things. They're training is also flaky.

Advice to Management

Hire some actual managers with experience. CEO needs to let managers manage as well. It's not a CEO's job to manage every detail of the company. Get an actual training program. The techniques and guides they use change for every thing, from each new class to class. Reward employees for their hard work. This place has a lot of potential but sadly I think it will stay the same until they sell the company.

10. If your willing to work, it's a good place to be

I have been working at Office Ally full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, excellent benefits, CEO is generous with bonus's, management is helpful. I have seen a slight turn over in most departments, it seems that the employees who left or were asked to leave didn't really want to work. They ask that you arrive on time, work while on the clock and you wont have a problem. I was always treated fairly and felt that management was always available for questions.

Cons

They could use some better coffee

Advice to Management

Ignore the bitter people on here, you are doing a great job. I think the things that are asked of employees is fair and consistant.

Horrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Office Ally full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working here is meeting other co-workers that were 'on the same boat' in regards to their feeling about the company and you tend to create a bond with these fellow co-workers. They are trying to change the moral of the company with some new managment and incentives for those that dont miss work but frankly that isnt going to resolve the issues present at this place.

Cons

First and foremost the CEO is mainly the root of all the issues there. He directly contacts the entry level employees and basically yells at them for issues managers should be handling. Most of the employees there dont like the CEO. In addition, he has most of the managers in his hands like puppets so essentially they are doing everything he wants when it comes to employee discipline and really have no say on how to manage the people they were hired to manage. Besides the CEO, the company itself doesnt compare to any really have any processes in place to communicate important information internally. It took about two years to get monitors up on the walls that are intended to display calls waiting in queue (and they still dont display the calls in queue, they are just up on the walls). They also tend to target certain employees and will do what ever it takes to make their live's miserable (like working there isnt bad enough). Really high turn over and new employees are not even really introduced to existing employees.

Advice to Management

Spend a few days working at a real company that way you can see how communication/processes should work in addition on how to treat you employees (especially the good ones that dont come across to often)

RSS Feed </> Embed