Office Angels Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
David Clubb

1. Very disorganised, not very caring, will get you a job

Current Employee - Administrative in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Office Angels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They got me a job very quickly

Cons

They are very unorganised, lose things, can be rather harsh and rude if you're not happy with your placement (unprofessional)

Advice to Management

Hire people with better spelling/grammar

2. A great learning experience for a graduate but high sales target

Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Training courses provided are excellent Excellent Christmas party and social activities

Cons

Super sales focused, high target and little sympathy for lack of conversions. There will be cold calls, cold visits and high expectations

3. Candidate review of Office Angels

Former Employee - Administration Assistant
    Former Employee - Administration Assistant

I worked at Office Angels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very friendly team, became good work contacts. Loyal to long term temporary staff. Work placements were suitable for what I was looking for and they always did their best for me even when not much work locally.

Cons

Timesheets are still being requested by fax machine, it really should be online like most other agencies. There is very little in the way of securing part time positions, which I now need, almost all roles are full time 5 days per week and they didn't seem able to negotiate with companies much flexibility even though my skills and expertise are high.

Good for work in between jobs

Pros

It's well run- you have face-to-face contact with those responsible for getting you work. There are good benefits such as holiday pay, free Friday lunch, travel expenses (although often this works out more expensive than paying yourself) and of course, a great variety in the different places you could be working from week to week.

Cons

After working on/off for Office Angels for 5 years, I was still on the same hourly rate and no matter how many times I requested an increase, I was rarely offered any jobs paying more. The work itself was often mind-numbingly dull- I was just told to sit and wait for the phone to ring on numerous occasions. In the last few years, the work became fairly sporadic too, I would just get a booking here or there, which was frustrating.

Advice to Management

On more than one occasion I was offered a new booking when I was already working- there was some miscommunication in the office.

RSS Feed </> Embed