Office Angels Reviews

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014

3.5

David Clubb

Poor management, poor training, worst job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly? Nothing. Apart from the girls in my branch, the rest was horrible.

Cons

- My Branch Manager was horrible. He picked on how I dressed, how I spoke, promised incentives and never delivered (eg. if you make 50 calls today I'll reward you. I'd make the calls and then when I told him he'd say- yeah? well that's your job so, carry on!)
    - I felt guilty every time I had to take annual leave. You're made to feel like you owe the company something for not being there
    - Complete favortism and discrimination
    - Absolutely NO training. I went into Consultant work having no experience and I was given no help.
    - I cried at my desk almost every day due to stress. My manager and senior consultants made me feel irrelevant and when I needed help I felt I couldn't ask for fear of their reaction
    - No employee benefits whatsoever

I'm beyond advice to management. Thank GOD I don't work there anymore.

Not Great.

Former Employee - Temps Consultant
    Former Employee - Temps Consultant

I worked at Office Angels full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was some good training from higher management Darren and James. The career opportunities are very good.

Cons

After raising complaints about my manager, who offered no training what so ever, I feel i was left with no choice but to leave. The first branch manager i had who had been there 8 years never did any training with me other than sending me to academy totally unprepared and the new manager who i can only describe as lazy and sly constantly made snide personal remarks, criticized but didn't help come up with a plan to help me improve which after a serious lack of training, i would have expected ! The majority of people i dealt with at a higher level were very supportive. The trainers at academy were fantastic it is just a shame that support did not continue within my own office.

Make sure Branch Managers are actually helping members of staff develop and not just putting them down. Especially when people are totally new to the industry.

Poor Management!

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company Brand, nice offices

Cons

Very Bad management, rude and no interest in you are a person, with a failure to get with modern times! I wanted to implement a 'modern' strategy on how to increase revenue for the office, this was turned down as 'no finances' and I can't believe they are still using the whole 'kitkat / donut drop' marketing idea. Very old and it does not work!!!!

Hire decent managers who know how to Manage and increase awareness in the local community!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Candidate review of Office Angels

Former Employee - Administration Assistant
    Former Employee - Administration Assistant

I worked at Office Angels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very friendly team, became good work contacts. Loyal to long term temporary staff. Work placements were suitable for what I was looking for and they always did their best for me even when not much work locally.

Cons

Timesheets are still being requested by fax machine, it really should be online like most other agencies. There is very little in the way of securing part time positions, which I now need, almost all roles are full time 5 days per week and they didn't seem able to negotiate with companies much flexibility even though my skills and expertise are high.

Good for work in between jobs

I worked at Office Angels

Pros

It's well run- you have face-to-face contact with those responsible for getting you work. There are good benefits such as holiday pay, free Friday lunch, travel expenses (although often this works out more expensive than paying yourself) and of course, a great variety in the different places you could be working from week to week.

Cons

After working on/off for Office Angels for 5 years, I was still on the same hourly rate and no matter how many times I requested an increase, I was rarely offered any jobs paying more. The work itself was often mind-numbingly dull- I was just told to sit and wait for the phone to ring on numerous occasions. In the last few years, the work became fairly sporadic too, I would just get a booking here or there, which was frustrating.

On more than one occasion I was offered a new booking when I was already working- there was some miscommunication in the office.

Good agency

I worked at Office Angels as a contractor

Pros

Freindly helpful staff, really try to get you a position.

Cons

Sometimes try to fit a square peg into a round hole..

Listen to what the recruiters and the applicants really want from eachother.

Nice and friendly consultants - good for finding temporary assignments

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Consultants treat you like real people and actively try to help you find work

Cons

Typical low wages associated with temp work

Good experience. Excellent agency for temporary positions

Former Employee - Temporary Call Center Agent  in  Lincoln, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Temporary Call Center Agent in Lincoln, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels

Pros

The recruiting staff were excellent. Communication was first-class. They displayed much more concern in my needs and happiness than many other temporary agencies I've dealt with who seem to be 100% client orientated and not much interested for the staff that actually do the work.

Cons

Few significant downsides. Only real problem I encountered was that the payroll team got my tax coding wrong for the first few weeks and thus I was over-taxed. However, this was resolved in a reasonable time-frame and the monvey reimbursed.

I had few issues or problems working for Office Angels, so I assume the management team are doing their job effectively.

One of the best employers I've had in a long time

Former Employee - Nhs File Clerk  in  Southampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Nhs File Clerk in Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office take placing you in the best environment that matches your skills and experience not only was I placed in a fast paced office with little responsibility I was still given every opportunity to move up and train within the placement I was given and eventually was taken on full time and placed on a permanent contract and progressed to the top of skills base with out them I would still be stuck in a dead end job that was I not happy with and only stayed there cause it was easy.

Cons

I've never found anything that the staff aren't willing to help you with and cant list any bad points about my time with office angels there were always there to lend a hand with any issue that I was having personally or professionally.

the staff based in Southampton should be rewarded for there great efforts and lengths they go to to place an applicant in a role that suits there needs and hours they work so hard to make sure there that they can get to and work in an a supportive environment if I was ever out of work I would gladly walk in and resign

Professional and friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Office Angels as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

excellent company with great consultants, regularly placed in roles

Cons

can be hard to switch from working with their temporary consultants to their permanent consultants - several times requested i be put forward for permanent roles and not heard back from the other side

Worked for Office Angels? Contribute to the Community!