Office Angels

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Clubb

Poor management, poor training, worst job I've ever had!

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsHonestly? Nothing. Apart from the girls in my branch, the rest was horrible.

Cons- My Branch Manager was horrible. He picked on how I dressed, how I spoke, promised incentives and never delivered (eg. if you make 50 calls today I'll reward you. I'd make the calls and then when I told him he'd say- yeah? well that's your job so, carry on!)
    - I felt guilty every time I had to take annual leave. You're made to feel like you owe the company something for not being there
    - Complete favortism and discrimination
    - Absolutely NO training. I went into Consultant work having no experience and I was given no help.
    - I cried at my desk almost every day due to stress. My manager and senior consultants made me feel irrelevant and when I needed help I felt I couldn't ask for fear of their reaction
    - No employee benefits whatsoever

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm beyond advice to management. Thank GOD I don't work there anymore.

Not Great.

Temps Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThere was some good training from higher management Darren and James. The career opportunities are very good.

ConsAfter raising complaints about my manager, who offered no training what so ever, I feel i was left with no choice but to leave. The first branch manager i had who had been there 8 years never did any training with me other than sending me to academy totally unprepared and the new manager who i can only describe as lazy and sly constantly made snide personal remarks, criticized but didn't help come up with a plan to help me improve which after a serious lack of training, i would have expected ! The majority of people i dealt with at a higher level were very supportive. The trainers at academy were fantastic it is just a shame that support did not continue within my own office.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure Branch Managers are actually helping members of staff develop and not just putting them down. Especially when people are totally new to the industry.

Poor Management!

ProsGood company Brand, nice offices

ConsVery Bad management, rude and no interest in you are a person, with a failure to get with modern times! I wanted to implement a 'modern' strategy on how to increase revenue for the office, this was turned down as 'no finances' and I can't believe they are still using the whole 'kitkat / donut drop' marketing idea. Very old and it does not work!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire decent managers who know how to Manage and increase awareness in the local community!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Candidate review of Office Angels

Administration Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly team, became good work contacts. Loyal to long term temporary staff. Work placements were suitable for what I was looking for and they always did their best for me even when not much work locally.

ConsTimesheets are still being requested by fax machine, it really should be online like most other agencies. There is very little in the way of securing part time positions, which I now need, almost all roles are full time 5 days per week and they didn't seem able to negotiate with companies much flexibility even though my skills and expertise are high.

Good for work in between jobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's well run- you have face-to-face contact with those responsible for getting you work. There are good benefits such as holiday pay, free Friday lunch, travel expenses (although often this works out more expensive than paying yourself) and of course, a great variety in the different places you could be working from week to week.

ConsAfter working on/off for Office Angels for 5 years, I was still on the same hourly rate and no matter how many times I requested an increase, I was rarely offered any jobs paying more. The work itself was often mind-numbingly dull- I was just told to sit and wait for the phone to ring on numerous occasions. In the last few years, the work became fairly sporadic too, I would just get a booking here or there, which was frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn more than one occasion I was offered a new booking when I was already working- there was some miscommunication in the office.

Nice and friendly consultants - good for finding temporary assignments

ProsConsultants treat you like real people and actively try to help you find work

ConsTypical low wages associated with temp work

Good experience. Excellent agency for temporary positions

Temporary Call Center Agent (Former Employee)
    Lincoln, England (UK)

ProsThe recruiting staff were excellent. Communication was first-class. They displayed much more concern in my needs and happiness than many other temporary agencies I've dealt with who seem to be 100% client orientated and not much interested for the staff that actually do the work.

ConsFew significant downsides. Only real problem I encountered was that the payroll team got my tax coding wrong for the first few weeks and thus I was over-taxed. However, this was resolved in a reasonable time-frame and the monvey reimbursed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had few issues or problems working for Office Angels, so I assume the management team are doing their job effectively.

One of the best employers I've had in a long time

Nhs File Clerk (Former Employee)
    Southampton, England (UK)

ProsOffice take placing you in the best environment that matches your skills and experience not only was I placed in a fast paced office with little responsibility I was still given every opportunity to move up and train within the placement I was given and eventually was taken on full time and placed on a permanent contract and progressed to the top of skills base with out them I would still be stuck in a dead end job that was I not happy with and only stayed there cause it was easy.

ConsI've never found anything that the staff aren't willing to help you with and cant list any bad points about my time with office angels there were always there to lend a hand with any issue that I was having personally or professionally.

Advice to Senior Managementthe staff based in Southampton should be rewarded for there great efforts and lengths they go to to place an applicant in a role that suits there needs and hours they work so hard to make sure there that they can get to and work in an a supportive environment if I was ever out of work I would gladly walk in and resign

Professional and friendly

Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Prosexcellent company with great consultants, regularly placed in roles

Conscan be hard to switch from working with their temporary consultants to their permanent consultants - several times requested i be put forward for permanent roles and not heard back from the other side

A great company with excellent training

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
    Brighton, England (UK)

ProsI was promoted to a Senior Consultant within my first 12 months due to the support and clear progression planning which came from a talented leader and learning and development team.

ConsRecruitment is a competitive industry and in my market, it was particularly tough, however that isn't to do with OA. The systems are dated, however I know they are investing in a new system this year.

Worked for Office Angels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Angels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Office Angels CEO David Clubb. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Office Angels employees.