Office of Health, Safety and Security

3.3
Michael A. Kilpatrick

1. Happy Employee

I have been working at Office of Health, Safety and Security full-time

Pros

Good pay great hours nice employees

Cons

None, pretty positive experience, friendly staff

2. Good starting job for security career

I have been working at Office of Health, Safety and Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work experience for security and report writing

Cons

Forced over time can be boring.

3. Pretty Good

Current Employee - House Keeping Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - House Keeping Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Office of Health, Safety and Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employers are very friendly,go through easy to work with

Cons

Different attitudes, and a few different cultures, dealing with the non-satisfaction of the guest and corporate

Advice to Management

Try being in the employee shoes, know the struggles that we

5. A Great Place To Build Your Resume

Current Employee - Behavioral Security Tech in Denver, CO

Pros

You get to make your own schedule. Which, when you are working with 12 hour shifts means you can take off 7 days in a row and not miss anything from your paycheck. Great place for new graduates to build a resume, and will work around a school schedule.

Cons

Very little room to move up. I maxed out my raises and promotions in 6 months. I am now making 14.50.

Hss Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Office of Health, Safety and Security

Pros

HSS always aims to provide the customer with the best quality hire equipment available which results in my job being easier compared to that of branch managers at rival companies.

Cons

HSS can be slow to spot development potential in employees due to the hierarchial management system. Some managers feel threatened if they highlight people with potential

Advice to Management

Invest more in mystery shoppers as I think it would improve the service given. This would also i believe lead to best branch managers being flagged up.

Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO

Pros

Good teamwork within the shift, the ability to rotate different positions throught out the shift.

Cons

starting pay is 12.00 bucks an hour, on the job training was terrible, you do not get a lunch break...you eat when you can. at my facility the only place you can eat is in the office but depending on the supervisor you better not get caught eating in the office. not allowed to have drinking water at your work station. there is a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

look out for your employees, give more support and make it a place people want to work at.

8. Great place for extra cash but don't count on supporting anyone other than yourself!

I have been working at Office of Health, Safety and Security full-time

Pros

In many areas the work is very easy. Sometimes the most challenging part of the job is staying awake. The turnover is so high it is very easy to get a schedule that matches your family life. For the most part the other officers are very nice and helpful however there are jerks on every job and HSS is no exception. It is a great place to learn how to deal with difficult people. Benefits are not the best but at least you get them. Company likes to promote from within.

Cons

High turnover because management just seeks warm bodies to fill positions instead of mature, responsible employees, which is understandable because the pay will not afford the company to acquire high quality employees. Because HSS likes to promote from within, some supervisors have gotten power hungry and big heads. They seem to have forgotten where they came from. Sometimes if your relief is late or doesn’t come, you have to stay on post until someone relieves you. This can really become a problem if you have kids to pick up.

Advice to Management

Spend the money to get quality employees. Quality employees will pay for themselves through reduced employee turnover, which I am sure costs the company thousands each month. Change the pay scale. Give offers rankings from 1 to 4 or 5 and pay them accordingly. You currently have kids right out of high school making the same as a 28 year old man with a collage degree. Invest in the person who is more serious about the job, more responsible, and more likely to stick around. How many times have you heard, “You get what you pay for”?

9. Behavior Security Tech

Current Employee - Behavioral Security Tech in Denver, CO

Pros

Flexible schedule - You turn in your available dates every couple of weeks (a few weeks in advance). Full-time is 36 hours a week and you are eligible for benefits. HSS supervisors are nice and seem supportive. Most of the hospital staff are nice and work well with you.

Cons

Shifts are 12 hours long. Some times there are no jobs when you are supposed to work so you don't work, making it difficult to meet full-time hours. Some hospitals treat you as if you are less worthy than their employees.

Advice to Management

Put us to work when we ask to work. Let hospitals know we are educated and deserve to be treated as such.

10. Nice people, decent pay and benefits

Current Employee - Field Service in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service in Denver, CO

Pros

The people I work with are good and seem to care. The management is nice. If you work hard there seems to be a chance for advancement.

Cons

A lot of disorganization. The management does not follow through with what they say. I have not had a review or pay raise that I was promised.

Advice to Management

When things are said or promised you need to follow through with your word. Need to invest in tools and training more if you want business to grow.

Job is good for a starting work experience but has no room for true growth

I have been working at Office of Health, Safety and Security

Pros

The pay is better than most security companies.

Cons

Scheduling is very hard to work with in regards to getting time off.

Advice to Management

Improve scheduling department

RSS Feed </> Embed