OfficeTeam

www.officeteam.com

OfficeTeam Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

OfficeTeam Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer, Jr.

Harold M. Messmer, Jr.

Pros
  • As a recent college graduate, I needed to find a job quickly(in 5 reviews)

• Most clients are fine with you taking an hour or two off to pursue interviews for full time positions(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not always having enough assignments or enough fulltime / temp to hire assignments(in 4 reviews)

• Temp agency, so until you find that great temp to perm opportunity, not everything is fun(in 5 reviews)

Long-term Values - A+

Receptionist, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsOfficeteam has proven itself to be a leader in staffing agencies through the years. I joined 16 years ago and still maintain my status with them for employment anytime I need it. The staff are professional, yet caring and considerate of your time and talents and try very hard to fit you into an employment situation where both the client and you will be comfortable working together.

ConsOne of the challenges is clients that aren't forthcoming in what they really want when they discuss their staffing needs. This makes it hard for the Officeteam staff to be sure of what the actual job entails. I've had to write job descriptions for future reference as a favor so that Officeteam receives the correct compensation and contracts that the position requires.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an Officeteam employee complains about the job position not being what was presented, there needs to be a meeting with the consultant to find out what the actual assignment duties consist of on a daily basis, then comparing that to what is contracted. If there's a difference then it should be taken care of immediately with a solution that will benefit the consultant as well to not lose the client for future assignments.

Good temp experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility, great to build relationships with staff to get remembered for placements

ConsIf you're unavailable twice in a row, it makes getting a placement more challenging.

Great company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had just moved to a new city and was having a hard time finding employment, especially while being enrolled in school full-time. I submitted a resume for OfficeTeam and was called in for an interview the very next day. Once I was interviewed, I must've been put to work within the next two weeks. OfficeTeam is a very fast-moving and professional team of staffing professionals. All of the individuals I worked with were extremely friendly and kind. They made each interaction very personal and made my transition back into the workforce a smooth one. I enjoyed all of my assignments. I had about 5-6 short-term assignments within an 8- month period. All of the companies I worked for were great and the pay was satisfactory. I enjoyed my time with OfficeTeam! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

ConsOnly con is that if you missed a call and they had an opening for you, by the time you'd call back, the opening was given to someone else! However, they would still find another assignment very shortly after.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OfficeTeam Colorado Springs is GREAT!

Division Director (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsI have enjoyed working for OfficeTeam over the years. There is no better feeling then being able to find a candidate a job in the Colorado Springs market!

ConsI cannot think of any.

Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGets you work fast enough

ConsThey dont care about their temp employees

Was hired but never gave me work.

Receptionist, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsPeople at the hiring center were very polite and respectful

ConsThey hired me on the spot right after the interview but they never gave me work. They kept sending emails asking me to be patient, for weeks. Of course I kept applying at other places until I found a permanent job in another company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people who you don't really need just because they have a good resume and skills. It might be nice to have a large pool of capable people but you're giving false hope when you know there isn't enough positions to accommodate everybody.

Great for Recent Grads, Absolutely horrible for Seasoned Professionals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat for recent grads who are looking for entry level work or retirees who are looking to make a few extra bucks. They reply quickly to phone calls/emails and welcome questions, which you will have a lot of once you begin working assignments.

ConsFor this particular office (Philadelphia) the experience was not great at all. Too many short-term assignments, and by short-term, I mean you'll work about 2-5 days tops. That's it. This isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're looking to make a few extra bucks. But it is a complete waste of your time and talents if you are a seasoned professional looking for something long-term. I worked several short-term assignments and it got old very quickly. The recruiters didn't seem the least bit interested in trying to be find me any long-term work at all. And the more I began to see the same familiar faces working the short-term assignments side-by-side with me--the more I learned that this is the case for the bulk of their candidates. Long-term and permanent opportunities are seemingly non-existent. The wages are terrible, just barely above minimum wage ($10-$10.50 per hour) which is absolutely ridiculous considering the market standard. Even competitor staffing agencies in this market pay more for similar staffing needs. The recruiters were nice, but not very personable. Not really interested in you just whether or not you are able to show up for the assignment. I never felt like they were the least bit interested in finding work that matched my background and experience. I was cattle who needed to be on call to fill a space when needed. My overall experience lends credence the theory that temp agency recruiters are nothing more than glorified sales people who don't care about anything but meeting quotas. Stay away unless you are truly desperate and can't find work anywhere else!

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal fit should be an integral part of your candidate assessment. It is the best way to demonstrate your company's core values when it comes to job placement. Seasoned professionals do not deserve to be treated like bottom-feeders. Get more connected, offer better wages and better quality work.

In my market, their hourly rates tend to be a bit lower than their competitor agencies.

Temporary Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsSeem to have plenty of jobs available in receptionist and administrative assistant categories, and they give plenty of notice, few 'last minute" calls.

ConsBelow market hourly rates, for example, they offer $13-13.50 per hour for front desk receptionist and AA jobs that competing agencies pay $15-$16 per hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay would get you better candidates.

Best to shop around with temp agencies.

ProsI have a very nice agent, "now."

ConsVery few job opportunities and consistent assignments were difficult for a while. I was led to believe it was a result of a poor economy when it was really a result of the company neglecting their client accounts.

Will find you jobs, but not what they seem

Temp (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsI do have to say that they were able to find me work, and fairly quickly for the most part.

ConsI had a company that I was hired on through office team and was having serious problems, I did not want to just walk out so I talked to OT to see if they could find me something else so I could put in my two weeks, months go by, with me contacting them on, at least, a weekly basis, and I get a call telling me that my time with the company was over. I was relieved but a few weeks later I was told there was another opening with the same company, just a different department. I went it was the same problems, I tried to explain that, no one responded so I did not go back to work there but did tell them I would like more work. The final straw was when I had an interview for what sounded like a dream job for me. When I showed up the job had nothing to do with what I was told on the phone. I will no longer use them.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really need to show more interest in your temps. I'm not putting all of the blame on the Office Team associates but there should not be any employer that can blatantly lie to someone as this one did to me.

Worked for OfficeTeam? Contribute to the Community!