OfficeTeam Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
3.1

OfficeTeam Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer, Jr.
Harold M. Messmer, Jr.

Pros
  • As a recent college graduate, I needed to find a job quickly (in 5 reviews)

• Most clients are fine with you taking an hour or two off to pursue interviews for full time positions (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not always having enough assignments or enough fulltime / temp to hire assignments (in 4 reviews)

• Temp agency, so until you find that great temp to perm opportunity, not everything is fun (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

awesome

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in San Diego, CA

I worked at OfficeTeam as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

My recruiter was great. They seem to really care about both their clients and their candidates. OfficeTeam was and is still very supportive and it clearly shows once you meet with them in person or by phone. There are great opportunities for everyone in this company. I would highly recommend if you really want to work.

Cons

If I have to say one it would only be that the assignment was only temp.

I have enjoyed working as a receptionist, excel worker and file clerk.

Former Employee - Receptionist, Administrative Assistant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Receptionist, Administrative Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at OfficeTeam full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The last temporary job I had in Henderson via Office Team (5 months) was very enjoyable. I had a wonderful colleague accountant who taught me so much more about Excel. So it was quite a company value for me.

Cons

I enjoy working hard, assisting and helping out co-workers with phones, documents, various computer jobs, etc. If someone forgot to get a gift for someone for their birthday, I have no problem helping them out with that as well.

I very much enjoy living in Brighton and would appreciate getting work in or close to Brighton part time. Otherwise I would very much enjoy full time work in downtown Denver (North side), law firms, oil companies or working up front at the beautiful hotels they have in Denver.

It's Good!!

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Okay Iv'e been working for office team a year now. The offer benefits, time and a half, and holiday pay. But in order for you to qualify for holiday pay you have to work over 1,050 hours - vacation time 2,220? (up there some where). I was first placed to work 2-3 days. after that assignment was up, I was called for a 2month assignment which I am still currently working at.

Cons

One of the things that I dislike about the situation is where I am being placed at. The people I work with are very rude, and ghetto, even our boss. Office team will call you weekly while your at work to ask you how your placement is going. That gets very irritating after a while because your working at the time. Ive even spoke to them about being placed somewhere else but they want you to quit first then they will place you somewhere else. Lastly the pay sucks!!

People should have raise opportunities after a year of working for the company!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty Decent Company

Current Employee - Tax Specialist Temp  in  Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Specialist Temp in Glenview, IL

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This is an agency. Helps you find jobs close to where you live depending on which branch you register with. If you are a good candidate and is willing to work, they will also show interest in you and call you all the time for jobs. They keep in contact with you when they place you some where just to make sure you are happy and is doing well.

Cons

You are unlikely to get a call back for an interview with this company if you apply online directly on their website. You'd have to just be lucky that you physically run across their job fairs or get referred by someone that is already working there.

Wonderful experience

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

My assignment was long term and I was given updates on my performance regularly. OfficeTeam even met with me on the assignment to make sure I was still comfortable with the assignment. Logging in my hours was a breeze thanks to the online time sheet. Weekly direct deposits were extremely fast.

Cons

Though most of their assignments are long term and with reputable corporations, their clientele list in my location is limited.

Great place for temp work

Current Employee - Data Entry  in  Gurnee, IL
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at OfficeTeam full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get the kind of assignments you want and at a very good pay to start. I can't complain at all.

Cons

Some assignments may not always be close to home. You may have to drive one hour to work but if you like what you're doing, that won't be so bad.

Good temp staffing agency; get jobs quickly

I worked at OfficeTeam as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They are very quick at placing you in jobs and have a lot of clients in a close geographic area which is great for commuters taking public transportation.

Cons

They seem to have more short term positions available; the longest position I had was for a month and that was at a company I had temped for previously.

Helping people, particularly students just out of school, find permanent positions would be a huge plus. The recruiters were friendly and quick to find temporary positions but a segue into a permanent position would be better.

Upbeat

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at OfficeTeam full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I use to work for Office Team years ago. I returned to temping after so many years to give me the opportunity to work for different companies without being fully committed.

Cons

I'm able to work and have flexibility in my schedule

I became sadden at the fact that a lot of Agencies will post an ad for one position ands will interview over 20 people knowing that its only for one person

Good for immediate placement opportunities, lacks the ability to match a candidate in the long run.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at OfficeTeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was working out of the Raleigh NC area office. The staff were friendly and professional. The office was clean and seemingly well organized. The testing computers worked efficiently.

Cons

The variety of job selection was limited but this was true at the time in the local job market and probably did not reflect Office Team's abilities.
    I was assigned to three different clients and each time the information I had received about the type of assignment, and the type of company I was assigned to, was completely incorrect.
    I was misinformed twice about the length of assignment, I suspect because I would not have traveled so far for a weeks pay as it could barely have covered the expense the distance incurred.

Take time to understand your clients needs and their type of business. In the long run you will retain more customers and employees and generate greater profit from the process.

Decent temp staffing experience

I worked at OfficeTeam as a contractor

Pros

In a pinch, officeteam is great for quick placement.

Cons

Not all office team branches are created equal, the one I recently worked with ignored the fact that I have a bachelors and am working toward my masters (and my 5 years management experience) and still tried placing me as a CSR for $15 and hour.

Make sure that recruiters are appropriately placing candidates based on level of experience and minimum pay desired.

Worked for OfficeTeam? Contribute to the Community!