Ohio Casualty

Ohio Casualty Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Winner

I love to work here, is it monday yet?

Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Proshours, pay, support, reasonable mgmt, not much travel, bonus is awesome, backed by Liberty (you won't be bought out, they will buy you out)

Consmultiple systems, close arrangement of workers, currently popular "peak" work-flow procedures

Advice to Senior Managementyou tolerate poor performers too much

Unfulfilling

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsPrior to take over, was a pleasant place to work

ConsHuge # of displacements of loyal and long-time employees

Advice to Senior ManagementShould value their employees more

Very Good Company

Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsHighly recommend. Ohio Casualty is part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. Competitive compensation. Very good benefits. There are opportunities to advance for those that are interested. The company always looks first to promote from within. Employees are asked to take initiative and actively participate in managing their careers. Employees are given the opportunity to participate in an Employee Opinion Survey. The survey is completely anonymous and the results are taken seriously by management.

ConsComputer Systems could be better. Many different systems due to Liberty Mutual's acquisition of so many regional insurance companies. It is not unusual for employees to have to learn 3 automated systems (some work with 5). Liberty is working on it and is in the process of developing one automated system for all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was okay when I was there

Underwriter (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsCo-workers were a generally good group of people, management at the local level was good

ConsBad pay, to many different people think they were in charge, workload would pile-up while you were out (no back-ups)

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A Company sold to Liberty Mutual (office in Raleigh is closed)

Interesting place to work

ProsCoworkers are nice and helpful, excellent training program, reasonable pay and benefits coming out of college, overall nice place to be

ConsOld school workflow mentality, too many random meetings at times, nothing really too bad it's just like any other office

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have much advice because I don't work closely with senior management that often on a daily basis .

Worked for Ohio Casualty? Contribute to the Community!