Ohio National

www.ohionational.com

Ohio National Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
Ohio National – Cincinnati – “Home Office”

Gary T. "Doc" Huffman

good company to work for

Proseasy app is the best

Consas for right now there is none

they are mean to their contractors

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Blue Ash, OH

ProsSome great people there in spite of the FEW bad apples who just so happened to be in charge in this department.

ConsCAUTION: If you are a contractor they may chew you up and spit you out. I don't know if it is just one department where I worked or if it is an overall behavior, but they use the contractors like slave labor. They worked me to the bone and then made an excuse to let m go. I was the third contractor to hold the job which was temp to hire. That should have been my red-flag. I saw a couple of other contractors who mysteriously disappeared also. It's easy to fire someone to whom you have not committed in the first place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a heart!!

Best employer so far!

ProsGreat atmosphere
    Lots of opportunities
    Helpful and involved senior management
    Good benefits
    Very flexible employer
    Ohio National wants you to succeed

ConsThe industry is constantly changing. If you're not interested in keeping up with the changes then don't consider a career in financial services.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

#1 Place to Work? Depends...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany fully funds continuing education through LOMA & The American College. Committment to wellness and overall health of employees is better than most companies. Home office is very nice and convienient. Best part of the company is the fitness center and the people who use it. Profit sharing and 401(k) benefits are decent.

ConsIncompetent management and even more uneducated and uncommitted supervisors. "Flattery will get you nowhere" is certainly not true within the political confines of this home office. 401(k) and PSP contributions are over leveraged to build morale. Cheap -- low salary, old technology (Lotus Notes), little to no advancement opportunity, downgraded by S&P, product portfolio is outdated.

Politics play a big role here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think--once you start your backstroke, it's time to let your club do the thinking.

Good company, management less than desirable

Customer Service Call Center (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFree parking, nice building, good dining facility and clean environment

ConsFormer supervisor and manger were terribe.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake suggestions from employees seriously and enforce them.

Great Positive Experience

Case Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat place to work. Great benefits. Profit Sharing. Cash bonus each year. Relaxed environment. If you are a manager or higher you can make a lot of money here.

ConsDo not pay enough. There is a high amount of talent that gets hired here, but the pay for recent college grads or entry level people is not much. Need to put in about 5 years in order to make any decent money. Unless you are a Manager or higher, pay is minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the talent in the young people with College Degrees in Business and allow them to use there skills by giving them extra duties other than entry level duties, which come too easy for us and bore us. Compensate them for their talent and degree they earned. There are too many people within the company who have degrees in areas other than Business, who don't\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\have the expertise Business majors learned in college and can contribute into the workplace.

Awesome

Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPeople, wellness programs, fitness center

ConsPolitics, salaries are low, many advancements are relationship based not performance based. Horrible place with regard to office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementLossen up on your ego, listen to experience, stop bending compliance regulations in your favor, follow the rules.

A fulfilling experience with many opportunities available

ProsExtremely stable company; good pay; good benefits

ConsHome office is only location - unable to change locations, if desired

Positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCEO is very down to earth/ friendly. Create a positive atmosphere.

ConsFairly big company where I sometimes felt like a number in the sea of cubicles.

Positive experience, solid products, friendly home office

Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFriendly home office environment. Good products offered to the field. Freedom to work independently from the home office in a field setting.

ConsLack of initial training, too much on the job training. Difficult to compete with other companies in the marketplace from a commission standpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to work with the Regional Sales Directors in the beginning. More structure and systems would be most helpful.

Worked for Ohio National? Contribute to the Community!