Oilily Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
2.6

Paul Lechlinski
1 Rating

I loved working there in the King of Prussia Store.

Former Employee - Key Holder/Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Key Holder/Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Oilily part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We had a wonderful team that actually cared about each other. It was fairly easy to discuss with the managers need based time and scheduling. We each had children and all worked together to be there and provide for them.

Cons

The sadist part about the job was that it ended when the company folded.

Please manage the money better so that you can come back as a brick and mortar stores again.

Poorly managed company

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chestnut Hill, MA

I worked at Oilily

Pros

This company is now out of business, and I can easily see why. They worked so hard to be original, that they just created another company setting their sights too big for their own good.

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication between branches.

Start from square one.

Decent pay, terrible everything else.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Oilily

Pros

It was an interesting product to sell and the clientèle were unlike any other you'll ever meet(Insanely wealthy mothers whose kids need to be wearing the height of international fashion. They started me at a decent pay rate.

Cons

There is little to no opportunity for promotion as there are very few stores in the country and most only have 1 management position available. They recently "reorganized", firing all but 3 or 4 of the corporate staff and moving the headquarters from Chicago to NYC-which came as a surprise to everyone involved(except the fleeing President of the US stores). They were planning to fully remodel all of their stores into a new "look", but realized they couldn't afford the cost and instead began to just add a couple tables and change some lighting. In other words, not a very stable environment. The benefits package was mediocre at best, and no vision plan at all. You don't get vacation time until you've been with the company a full year. You also don't get the 401k plan until you've been with the company a full year either. Bonuses are given in the form of "cash" rewards to be redeemed only for Oilily stuff which makes it nearly worthless. Clothes are even still to expensive with an employee discount. They have begun to pay only slightly above minimum wage, as the company has been cutting costs.

Narrow the product line, either remodel your stores and get a new "look" or spend the money to repair and revamp the stores instead of half-hearted tables and armoires. Give more time off for your full time employees. Improve your benefits package.

ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Oilily

Pros

Nice manager who cared about employees

Cons

minimum wage/ sales goals/not enough hours

Continue to hire caring store managers