Oklahoma Baptist University Reviews

CEO

1. An excellent environment with people who care

Former Intern - Marketing and Design Intern in Shawnee, OK
    Former Intern - Marketing and Design Intern in Shawnee, OK

I worked at Oklahoma Baptist University as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff really cares about their students and generally gets to know each other. The campus is beautiful although small. There is also an easy work and home life balance.

Cons

This is a baptist institution so there tends to be a narrow way of thinking. If your views are more liberal or not baptist minded this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Give more room for workers and students to voice their opinions on school matters.

2. Majority of people there are great to work with.

I worked at Oklahoma Baptist University (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally relaxed work environment. The majority of my co-workers and department heads were great people. Campus is well maintained with a good environment for students. If you have college level dependents it can save you considerably.

Cons

Treatment of staff level employees by upper management is very poor. The salaries are far below market for most all positions and upper mobility is practically nil.

Advice to Management

You appear to be oblivious to the amount of animosity most staff have towards you, or you just don't care. Be more Christian in you attitude and consideration of all your employees and treat them more like family rather than just as a expendable business asset.

3. Decent

Current Contractor - Student Worker in Shawnee, OK
    Current Contractor - Student Worker in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Baptist University as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work environment and usually fun. Everyone is pretty easy to work with as well. I was a student worker and for the most part, everyone was easy to communicate with.

Cons

I didn't always get paid on time because of my boss which can be frustrating. Student workers do not get paid very much at all. You have to ask for a raise if you don't feel like you are getting enough money.

Advice to Management

Make sure that every person that is in charge of people pays gets their time sheets on time.

5. Transitional chaotic environment

Current Employee - Assistant Professor, Philosophy in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant Professor, Philosophy in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Baptist University part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beautiful campus, lots of new buildings, lots of campus activities and events to enjoy, most staff and faculty take a persona interest and care about students. Interdisciplinary faculty network and collaboration.

Cons

Lack of communication about job duties, little orientation and poor support. Some verbal intimidation and bullying observed - varies greatly across campus departments.

Advice to Management

Improve work environment to a more positive Christian approach to faculty, staff and students. Be more forthcoming with salary information and contracts

6. . Working in the OBU admissions department as a Herd member was an invaluable experience under great leadership!

Current Employee - Herd Member in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Herd Member in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Baptist University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Work Study
    Strong leadership
    Meaningful experience

Cons

Because I was a student worker, I only made minimum wage.

7. Taught courses

I have been working at Oklahoma Baptist University

Pros

Great people and friendly environment.

Cons

Food options are not very good.

8. Working with great people in a great environment!

Current Employee - Systems/Analyst in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Systems/Analyst in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Baptist University

Pros

Highest quality people both personally and professionally. It's like one large family.

Cons

Limited potential for upward mobility due to the smaller size of the school.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

RSS Feed </> Embed