Oklahoma Blood Institute

Oklahoma Blood Institute Reviews

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Very positive, an excellent learning experience, with fair and understanding staff and management.

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat experience for anyone advancing in the medical field.

ConsBetter pay, better hours, and more opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire individuals who share the same work ethic and integrity as those who continually keep OBI as a professional organization.

Blood Program Consutltant

Blood Program Consultant (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsCompany car, phone, and computer. Easy computer system to learn. They have fairly in depth training, though every territory is different and needs to be learned. They are not overly demanding as long as you do your job.

ConsIf for any reason a drive is unsuccessful they browbeat you exhaustively about it to prevent a repeat. Unfortunately, sometimes there is not a good answer or logical reason that a drive tanked. There is a lot of driving involved if your territory is further away. Also, while initial new hire training on "how to" is great, they do not help with training gaps that may arise later on. If your territory is struggling and you cant figure it out yourself, then you are out of luck as they will just replace you rather than help you.

Not enough pay

Component Lab (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsSome of the people that work there are great

ConsLack of pay and management skills were also lacking in certain departments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oklahoma Blood Institute: The Great, the Good, and the Ugly.

Data Management Associate (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsCompany takes care of its employees with a fantastic HR team, knowledgeable and caring management, and decent benefits.

Employees are helpful and friendly individuals that do not take themselves too seriously.

The mission of the comany is a noble one. They strive to save lives.

In my department, there was never an issue about taking days off. If you submitted your time in advance it was generally approaved.

All-in-all, this is a great company that has handled weathering the changes of time and life very well.

ConsHospital hours are a requirement. If bad weather hits the state be prepared to come in to work even if it happens to be a day off.

If you work the over night shift and there is a company meeting or training, you are going to miss out on sleep while only the work of day time workers are interrupted. Even after all these years the company has yet to emplement a plan of action to accomidate night workers whether its for meetings and trainings or company cookouts.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep an open mind along with your open door policy.

laboratory

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefit, get a great experiences.

Consno advancement in the laboratory but if you go out of the laboratory there are advancements.

Worked for Oklahoma Blood Institute? Contribute to the Community!