Oklahoma Heart Hospital

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place: Adaptable and Treats You Well

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company itself has a very fun, friendly, and personal feel. You meet people and greet by first name. You work closely and get a sense of ownership about the company. The company has adapted through many changes with legislation which has been difficult to do, but they've done it. And they treat their employees well with pay, great benefits, and awesome compensation packages.

Cons

Being in technology, there for a time was a failure to understand the nature of technology. More specifically, the clinical environment runs off of immediate knowledge. So many users expect us to know all the answers immediately. With technology, however, it's about analysis and troubleshooting. So it requires a process, not an immediate recall. It's also kind of hard to work up. I managed a promotion, but because many people liked me and I fit the job. Things like the above are changing, though, in my experience

Continue to expect much from your employees. Be patient with support services, as we work on a different level than most of the nurses and clinical staff.

Wonderful care for Patients - Hostile environment for Nurses

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the cream of the crop nurses

Cons

some of the doctors are abusive and hostile to the nurses, cursing, throwing things, degrading, harassing, etc. Terrible behavior and if you say anything, you are fired immediately. Everyone tells on everyone else - and everyone is afraid.

Lead by character and trust - not by fear and breaking the spirits of the staff. Don't allow abusive behavior - just don't. Keep up the focus on patient care, but don't forget that the people giving the care ARE people as well, and should be treated like human beings.