Oklahoma Heart Hospital Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
CEO

1. Awesome support and state of the art technology really makes working here a joy. Excellent patient outcomes!

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They listen to the employees! Best team experience ever! Everyone is happy. This is the Disney world of Hospitals.

Cons

There are none. I can honestly say this place is very well staffed and employees are made to feel like a team.

Advice to Management

Give yourselves a pat on the back. You absolutely rock. Work is fun and challenging. Thanks for putting employees first.

The Business Office Sucks

Current Employee - Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OHH has contracts with other company's such as gyms and theme parks, and the employees get discounts. OHH also has contracts with other medical facilities such as McBride Orthopedic and if we ever need a service there the care is free v. $3k, $5k, etc.

Cons

The business center is ran by really lazy people and management would rather hold you back than promote you. Holidays and inclement weather days come out of your PTO

Advice to Management

Lead and don't hold your people back.

3. Cath lab RN / Teaching

Current Employee - Management BSN, RN, RT (R) in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Management BSN, RN, RT (R) in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place in the right department

Cons

Huge political undercurrents. Very Pro Female

Advice to Management

Equal means equal. Less discrimination would be a plus.

5. RN PCCU

Pros

Benefits. Everything you need to provide quality patient care

Cons

No help from some of the charge nurses

6. Wonderful care for Patients - Hostile environment for Nurses

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the cream of the crop nurses

Cons

some of the doctors are abusive and hostile to the nurses, cursing, throwing things, degrading, harassing, etc. Terrible behavior and if you say anything, you are fired immediately. Everyone tells on everyone else - and everyone is afraid.

Advice to Management

Lead by character and trust - not by fear and breaking the spirits of the staff. Don't allow abusive behavior - just don't. Keep up the focus on patient care, but don't forget that the people giving the care ARE people as well, and should be treated like human beings.

7. Great Place: Adaptable and Treats You Well

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company itself has a very fun, friendly, and personal feel. You meet people and greet by first name. You work closely and get a sense of ownership about the company. The company has adapted through many changes with legislation which has been difficult to do, but they've done it. And they treat their employees well with pay, great benefits, and awesome compensation packages.

Cons

Being in technology, there for a time was a failure to understand the nature of technology. More specifically, the clinical environment runs off of immediate knowledge. So many users expect us to know all the answers immediately. With technology, however, it's about analysis and troubleshooting. So it requires a process, not an immediate recall. It's also kind of hard to work up. I managed a promotion, but because many people liked me and I fit the job. Things like the above are changing, though, in my experience

Advice to Management

Continue to expect much from your employees. Be patient with support services, as we work on a different level than most of the nurses and clinical staff.

8. Perfect

Pros

Staffing, staffing, staffing. Plenty of autonomy.

Cons

there are none. It really is a phenomenal place to work.

9. Staff RN

I have been working at Oklahoma Heart Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture & values and Flexibility

Cons

some micro managing in different areas.

RSS Feed </> Embed