Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

Add Photos

Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation President Stephen Prescott

Stephen Prescott

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work! Kind people, amazing benefits

I worked at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation full-time for more than a year

ProsOMRF is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are good- nice health and dental insurance, great retirement benefits, generous sick leave, a gym right in the Tower with free personal training. The cafeteria has really ramped up its menu in the last couple years. Most PIs are kind, although they expect a lot out of you. But all in all, it's great.

ConsSalaries are low. But this is a nonprofit in Oklahoma, so it's kind of expected. Raises are minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on improving salaries and postdoc recognition.

Friendly work environment, challenging projects.

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation full-time for less than a year

ProsMy coworkers are all very nice and helpful here. It seems like most of the people who work here really enjoy the work that they do which creates a very enjoyable atmosphere to be a part of. Also, there is an incredible diversity of nationalities and cultures here at the OMRF. My boss does not overly micromanage so I have a fair amount of freedom to take projects in a direction that I find interesting. There are also various events that are held on site such as research seminars, lunch gatherings, etc... Full benefits and insurance is also a plus.

ConsThe only real con I can think of is that research jobs are funding dependent so job security is based on the ability of my boss and/or myself to get grant funding for future projects. All research jobs have that limitation though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. The company is great.

A place to gain experience

I worked at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

ProsIt's a good place for postdoc, the work environment is flexible and friendly.

ConsFrom my personal experience, the salary and benefits are very basic for people who do not have a MD/PhD. Even you are a graduate from the top schools, if you don't hold a doctorate, you will be treated more like a technical personnel. The benefits for you
will not be same as post-docs graduated from ANY schools with/without any experience. Career ladder is lacking so is the salary raise. However if you are just looking for a job without much benefits/ladder, this might be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall is satisfactory

Lots of opportunity to learn and try new things. Overall an exciting place to work if you're interested in biotechnology

Biomedical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

ProsKnowledgeable and reputable faculty, great environment, plethora of resources, many learning opportunities, top notch science, excellent opportunities for graduate students. Great place to work if you're interested in biotechnology. Unique combination of scientific talent, reputation, and resources that you won't find anywhere but the coasts.

ConsPay is on the lower end (unless you're a member/PI), difficult to get to know people that are not in your lab/ department, Oklahoma City can be a difficult place to live if you're not used to it.

A stepping stone

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

ProsEasy and flexible work life. Management is sensitive to family needs. It might be a good place for gaining experience as a stepping stone.

ConsWork is very slow pace and repetitive which offer insufficient challenge. The salary is ways below market rate and lack of opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should be treated equally. otherwise you may lose some high potential talents.

an average workplace

I worked at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

ProsFlexible work schedule and friendly co-workers.

Consconpensation, career advancement and benefits are very limited for employees who do not hold a terminal degree. Work can be boring and repetitive. Most positions are contingent on availability of sufficient funding.

Advice to Senior Managementbenefits given to regular staff need to be reviewed in order to stay competitive.

good place to work

I have been working at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

Prosgood work environment, nice place for scientists

Consthere should be less interference from HR

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation reviews and ratings in Oklahoma — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation CEO Stephen Prescott. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation employees.