Okta

www.okta.com

Okta Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Todd McKinnon

Great place to work, great future & technology

Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPeople are very focused on doing what's best for clients. The teaming and care for clients was refreshing and awesome. Great internal growth- Never been at a company so committed to hiring internally.

ConsVery technical sale, can be challenging for folks outside the industry to come into.

Great company, great people, great culture, great customers. A+

ProsMarket opportunity is huge. Team is world-class. Product is best in class. Customers are thrilled. The sky is the limit.

ConsWar for talent is aggressive, but we manage to hire the best and brightest. Office space crunch in SF means multiple locations.

Love it

Prosits very rare to find a company that truly brings out the best in you. Prior to OKTA I lacked purpose and clarity, I was in every sense of the word, just getting by. OKTA came along and now I know what it means to have passion for one's work. I probably have never worked this hard ever in my life but the funny part is that I'm truly enjoying it and want to do more.... The Pro's? everything! very lucky to be part of this company and this team

ConsWorking this hard can make life at home tricky, early calls and often working super late. Make sure the family at home is onboard, mine for example is well aware of the commitments and when the deals come through we celebrate ; )

Advice to Senior Managementyou rock! hire more people!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced, up to something special and a lot of fun all in one package

Operation (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOkta is an exceptional place to work and grow. Whether in software engineering, customer success, professional services, sales or operations, the leadership team has successfully built a team that is highly invested in both the success of the company and the success of the people that work for them. I'm excited to get up in the morning and commute to work all the while thinking and strategizing about my day. Okta is a pioneer in IDaaS and the cloud and has attracted the attention of many. At more than 1,000 customers and growing fast, the company is clearly up to some exciting things and I'm personally humbled and proud to part of it!

ConsFacilities continue to be a challenge, managing to fast paced growth in a market such as San Francisco is tough. The war for talent is afoot, we consistently need more of the best and the brightest. I really struggle to find significant cons, Okta has been and continues to be my number one choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnable, empower and continue to support your teams. Maintain the level of open communication such as weekly all hands. As we grow, keep us together rather than in two buildings if at all possible.

Great atmosphere, great people

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat atmosphere, great, young people. Exciting start up with a lot of potential to grow and make $$$

Consnot enough open positions and some people are a little too distracted for upper management

Okta Rocks!!

ProsGreat place to work and an awesome opportunity to be a part of. Great team. Rapidly growing company with multiple growth opportunities.

ConsSometimes long hours and heavy work load. Growing pains of a small company, as processes are developed and rolled out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the best people. Don't relax standards to meet hiring goals.

Okta is the place to be!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOkta is the greatest. We have an open work space to encourage a collaborative environment. There is a lounge on each floor with standing desks, bean bags, and sofas to change it up. We get catered lunches Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and the food is quite tasty. Happy hours every few weeks, a running group, a pickup basketball group, we have it all! Outside of the "perks" our company is build around amazing people. The executives answer any question at our weekly company-wide meeting and make time to build strong relationships with every employee from every level. Everyone who is hired here is kind and smart (and many are funny). Lots of room for growth. I could not be happier here!!!

ConsThe only con that I can really think of is that our 401K is not matched (yet). This is a perk I have not yet had at any of my jobs, and I would like to see this happen eventually here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. The people-centric culture here is what makes this company great!

Fast Rising Startup Strong Leadership & Great Culture

Pros* Okta is a great place to see the impact you make on a daily basis.
    * Respectful & collaborative work environment.
    * Hight talent bar, so your co-workers are really good at their jobs.
    * Culture built on collaboration & mutual respect.
    * Transparency from executive leadership.
    * Opportunity for career growth.
    * Great benefits and perks! (Free lunch 3 days per week, massage, happy hours, etc.)

Cons* A bit of a walk from BART.
    * Not much else to say here. I've been here for 3 months. The honeymoon is over and I'm still madly in love.

Advice to Senior Management* Keep up the great work. You've built a top notch company and culture that employees respect and enjoy.

Collaborative, transparent, wonderful place to work.

Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's a fabulous balance of hard work and play at Okta. Yeah it has the start up perks like ping pong, kegs, x box, etc., but it also has a culture of getting your work done and delivering results. Whether it be working until 7:30 pm (when dinner is served), or getting in at 6 am to finish a project. Okta makes it very clear that if you work hard, you can play hard. You're surrounded by some of the most intelligent and creative people in the world, and having the opportunity to work with these innovators in the software industry is the best part of working at Okta. Seriously, Todd McKinnon built Salesforce, and he eats lunch with us every day.

ConsThe hours can be a bit intense. There are no set hours at Okta, but leaving before 5 pm is unacceptable. But who cares - you'll be having fun and you won't even notice it's 8 pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times Okta can be so obsessed with training and enablement that it get's a bit clustered. They're still getting onboarding figured out, but it get's better every day. Right now it requires a lot of extra work from employees just to bring new people up to speed. That's part of the culture though - team work and collaboration.

Great product and talented people

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThe product is an industry leader and the pay is competitive. There are some top notch professionals at the company and they have the top VC's in the country backing them.

ConsAdoption of cloud IAM is slow in the enterprise space. Seems to be difficult finding a compelling reason for customers to purchase. Cut throat sales environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at acquiring companies to create a competitive advantage.

Worked for Okta? Contribute to the Community!