Okta

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

4.5

Todd McKinnon

Great place to work, great future & technology

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People are very focused on doing what's best for clients. The teaming and care for clients was refreshing and awesome. Great internal growth- Never been at a company so committed to hiring internally.

Cons

Very technical sale, can be challenging for folks outside the industry to come into.

Great product

Pros

Phenomenal product that is changing the industry. People working behind the product are exceptionally smart and know what they are doing.

Cons

no grasp on company culture. different departments have different ways of working - some better than others

empower employees and appreciate employees more. company is starting to become too corporate & losing it's culture because of new employees from old school companies

Great company, great people, great culture, great customers. A+

Pros

Market opportunity is huge. Team is world-class. Product is best in class. Customers are thrilled. The sky is the limit.

Cons

War for talent is aggressive, but we manage to hire the best and brightest. Office space crunch in SF means multiple locations.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love it

Pros

its very rare to find a company that truly brings out the best in you. Prior to OKTA I lacked purpose and clarity, I was in every sense of the word, just getting by. OKTA came along and now I know what it means to have passion for one's work. I probably have never worked this hard ever in my life but the funny part is that I'm truly enjoying it and want to do more.... The Pro's? everything! very lucky to be part of this company and this team

Cons

Working this hard can make life at home tricky, early calls and often working super late. Make sure the family at home is onboard, mine for example is well aware of the commitments and when the deals come through we celebrate ; )

you rock! hire more people!

Fast paced, up to something special and a lot of fun all in one package

Current Employee - Operation  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operation in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Okta is an exceptional place to work and grow. Whether in software engineering, customer success, professional services, sales or operations, the leadership team has successfully built a team that is highly invested in both the success of the company and the success of the people that work for them. I'm excited to get up in the morning and commute to work all the while thinking and strategizing about my day. Okta is a pioneer in IDaaS and the cloud and has attracted the attention of many. At more than 1,000 customers and growing fast, the company is clearly up to some exciting things and I'm personally humbled and proud to part of it!

Cons

Facilities continue to be a challenge, managing to fast paced growth in a market such as San Francisco is tough. The war for talent is afoot, we consistently need more of the best and the brightest. I really struggle to find significant cons, Okta has been and continues to be my number one choice.

Enable, empower and continue to support your teams. Maintain the level of open communication such as weekly all hands. As we grow, keep us together rather than in two buildings if at all possible.

Great atmosphere, great people

Current Employee - Marketing Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

great atmosphere, great, young people. Exciting start up with a lot of potential to grow and make $$$

Cons

not enough open positions and some people are a little too distracted for upper management

Okta is the place to be!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Okta is the greatest. We have an open work space to encourage a collaborative environment. There is a lounge on each floor with standing desks, bean bags, and sofas to change it up. We get catered lunches Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and the food is quite tasty. Happy hours every few weeks, a running group, a pickup basketball group, we have it all! Outside of the "perks" our company is build around amazing people. The executives answer any question at our weekly company-wide meeting and make time to build strong relationships with every employee from every level. Everyone who is hired here is kind and smart (and many are funny). Lots of room for growth. I could not be happier here!!!

Cons

The only con that I can really think of is that our 401K is not matched (yet). This is a perk I have not yet had at any of my jobs, and I would like to see this happen eventually here.

Keep up the great work. The people-centric culture here is what makes this company great!

Okta Rocks!!

Pros

Great place to work and an awesome opportunity to be a part of. Great team. Rapidly growing company with multiple growth opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes long hours and heavy work load. Growing pains of a small company, as processes are developed and rolled out.

Keep hiring the best people. Don't relax standards to meet hiring goals.

Fast Rising Startup Strong Leadership & Great Culture

Pros

* Okta is a great place to see the impact you make on a daily basis.
    * Respectful & collaborative work environment.
    * Hight talent bar, so your co-workers are really good at their jobs.
    * Culture built on collaboration & mutual respect.
    * Transparency from executive leadership.
    * Opportunity for career growth.
    * Great benefits and perks! (Free lunch 3 days per week, massage, happy hours, etc.)

Cons

* A bit of a walk from BART.
    * Not much else to say here. I've been here for 3 months. The honeymoon is over and I'm still madly in love.

* Keep up the great work. You've built a top notch company and culture that employees respect and enjoy.

Collaborative, transparent, wonderful place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It's a fabulous balance of hard work and play at Okta. Yeah it has the start up perks like ping pong, kegs, x box, etc., but it also has a culture of getting your work done and delivering results. Whether it be working until 7:30 pm (when dinner is served), or getting in at 6 am to finish a project. Okta makes it very clear that if you work hard, you can play hard. You're surrounded by some of the most intelligent and creative people in the world, and having the opportunity to work with these innovators in the software industry is the best part of working at Okta. Seriously, Todd McKinnon built Salesforce, and he eats lunch with us every day.

Cons

The hours can be a bit intense. There are no set hours at Okta, but leaving before 5 pm is unacceptable. But who cares - you'll be having fun and you won't even notice it's 8 pm.

At times Okta can be so obsessed with training and enablement that it get's a bit clustered. They're still getting onboarding figured out, but it get's better every day. Right now it requires a lot of extra work from employees just to bring new people up to speed. That's part of the culture though - team work and collaboration.

Worked for Okta? Contribute to the Community!