Old Dominion Freight

www.odfl.com

Old Dominion Freight Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Old Dominion Freight – Irvine – “On the dock”

Old Dominion Freight President, CEO, and Director David S. Congdon

David S. Congdon

Pros
  • Good pay with no higher education requirements(in 9 reviews)

• Great pay good home time good management(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Often work close to 55-60 hours a week with no overtime pay(in 5 reviews)

• no over time paid till after 60 hours, old rail road act(in 4 reviews)

better company to work for

Prosyou will make a good living

Conshave no cons at this time

Good pay...okay management

ProsPay is awesome, benefits are decent. If you need something, they get it done for you

ConsManagement...nepitism. Not a lot of room for growth. Nothing very bad, just your normal corporate politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementLevel the playing field, don't favor some and not others

great company to work for

Dock Worker (Current Employee) La Vergne, TN

Prosfamily oriented friendships with coworkers

Consnone at this time currenty

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up in there

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very nice job.

Truck Driver (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat pay. Good family atmosphere.

ConsHard to get time off during the summer.

Best place to work EVER!!

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Very friendly work enviroment. Great managers We are kept informed as to how our individual terminal is doing and also the company as a whole. Very family like enviroment. I like that even though it's a large company, it feels like a family run buisness.

ConsThe only con I have is the raise schedule. I don't like the "across the board" raises not merit/performance based.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Managers are great

Well worth the time invested.

Linehaul Driver (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsExcellent pay, competitive benefits, great equipment, friendly atmosphere. The company also tries to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to technology to help improve both service to the customer and the employee's ability to do his/her job.

ConsNothing more than you would have in any work environment and certainly nothing on a company wide level. The only personal complaint I would have is the very low turn-over rate which makes moving up the seniority list kind of slow. But that's due to the aforementioned "Pros".

Best truckline to work for.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsHave been very professional and care for employess.Good business model-making profits in a very hard economic market.

ConsCareer ladder non existent. No training for better job within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more info to employees for upcoming job openings- promote more from within first before going outside the company. Need to train your own people to fill these positions and make some type of syst em to follow to get there. To much insider only promotions.

Best place to work in the freight industry

Leadman (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFull time, great benefits, tons of perks, great equipment... I have worked at 6 other trucking companies and if you are a dock worker this is the best place to be.

ConsDo not pay overtime in Oregon till after 60 hours. You work a crazy schedule, rotating sundays (6 day work weeks)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Family environment

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay
    Great Benefits
    Great people
    Great Management

ConsHours can be long, not too bad.

Doing things O D.

P&D Driver At Old Dominion Freight Line (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsAfter being in logistics/trucking for over twenty years, I can gladly say that working for this company ranks as the best, par none!

ConsSometimes the LTL aspects of their operations can be a bit much, but the job must be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough, personally, I have never been lied to, the truth gets the "beat around the bush" treatment sometimes. Be upfront about everything, and honest.

Worked for Old Dominion Freight? Contribute to the Community!