Old Mutual (US)

Add Photos

Linda T. Gibson

Growing Company - Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFast Growing Investment Firm expanding into various areas of Global investing beyond insurance. We are still small and in flat organization model - which gives many employees the opportunity to work on a number of diverse projects.
    Benefits package is very genersous.

ConsCompensation of employees - word is most people or below comparable roles in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing a smaller firm, we need to retain the best people, in order to do that, we need to start paying them above average for just about everyone does more work than similar roles in other firms.

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood benefits and fair salary range.

ConsOrganization is flat, very little room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the talent right in front of your eyes.

Go away with this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe benefit is good, the management try to give more benefits to keep the employee. Good point on the resume.

ConsVery bad management, the turnover rate is very high, every employee will be feel upset with something. Do not be the employee of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be kind to the employee from the policy and from the heart, not just pay, the employee is the assets

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Draining

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are generally nice, HR team really tries to make the workplace fun with team building exercises, lunches, etc.

ConsManagement does not listen to employees, creativity in problem solving is actively discouraged, work/life balance is minimal in some groups, management team is shaky and worst of all, London office controls everything making for lots of bureaucratic unnecessary paper-pushing jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on a management team, then stick to it. Aim to bring the best out of people to benefit the company and their personal/professional growth, rather than just viewing them as resources. Don't make promises to the market that you can't keep.

Great Experience

ProsThe staff at Old Mutual US is wonderful; everyone is very welcoming and they know how to balance work and play.

ConsThere aren't very many downsides to Old Mutual, however communication can be improved between senior management and the other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work; wonderful leadership;

Worked for Old Mutual (US)? Contribute to the Community!