Old Navy Reviews in Loveland, CO

3.3
1,384 Reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy
Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 98 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 130 reviews)

Cons
  • Performance is based mostly of off how many Old Navy credit cards you sell (in 131 reviews)

• Must know how to prioritize your time to achieve work-life balance along with respective DOR (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Only a certain type of person should work at Old Navy

Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Loveland, CO

I worked at Old Navy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This was my first job, and I learned the basics of being a retail associate, but that's about it.

Cons

Not enough training, Generally unhappy environment, loud music, some of my managers definitely showed favoritism, "seasonal" hours, Unprofessional management

I wish my employers had spent more time on useful training in order to help me do my job better, rather than scrutinizing me for not selling enough old navy cards. It was very obvious I was let go because I was not social with my co-workers, not because I did not do my job well.

Never again.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Old Navy

Pros

They are usually flexible with time off requests, but god forbid you need to request off a Saturday or Sunday.

Cons

They say they will work with your school schedule if you turn it in at a reasonable time, yet I was scheduled at least three times a week during hours that I had class. Having people cover your shifts is a joke because you get looked down upon for it.

Selling Old Navy Cards to people is just part of the retail game, but at Old Navy if you don't sell at least one a month, you get written up, and after a few months you can be terminated... Even if you work as part of their shipment crew, starting at 6am and ending at 10am, meaning you are lucky to see one customer a week and are expected to sell them a card... Not realistic.

Recently, as per their jump towards social media, all employees are hounded to force customers to try and 'like' the store on Facebook, and to use their personal social networking accounts to coerce their friends into doing the same, which is absolutely absurd.

Also, I was hired on as a regular employee not a seasonal employee and promised 20-25 hours a week, which was consistent until after holidays, where I was lucky to come out with 10-15 hours a week. Thanks for paying me gas money to get back and forth.

Further, the management chain is an absolute joke. I have seven different 'managers' who frankly, get less and less intelligent as you go up the chain.

Pay more attention to the way your employees react to some of the ridiculous decisions you make. Perhaps that will help you promote a workplace that doesn't revolve around high-school drama, that is often started by some of your 'management' staff.

Secondly, treat your employees not by a generalization of the type of people you usually hire, but by their own individual skill sets and personalities. Treating someone who has a bachelors degree in Economics, as if they were a five year old needing direction to finish the simplest of tasks, is not the most efficient way of communication nor task assignment.

Thirdly, if you're going to put someone in a leadership position, it's probably a good idea to make sure they know what it is they are meant to be doing, instead of showing up every morning and trying to pass blame on one of the other seven 'managers' for not doing their part to make sure you didn't have to actually apply yourself to your job.