Old Navy

Old Navy Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic(in 89 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount(in 119 reviews)

Cons
  • you will only become a cashier if you get customers to open old navy credit cards(in 118 reviews)

• Especially since most of us were working part time for a few hours a week(in 57 reviews)

55 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun exciting environment occasionally drama occurs

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Valley Stream, NY

ProsFun co workers & managers, great hours, easy job to have

ConsStart you at minimum wage, the Gm was very immature & unprofessional loved to start drama , customers can be rude & disrespectful

One of the best jobs I had in my life.

Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) Westbury, NY

ProsFlexibilty with work schedule, great managers, discounts on clothes. The work is easy and the customers are friendly. It was a happy environment and I enjoyed going to work. Some of my best friends today are my co-workers I met while working at Old Navy.

ConsHours can be cut and you may be short handed even on busy days. While you work doing a variety of different types of work the redundancy of the work becomes boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career path for employees who want to grow with the company. Some employees who have worked there for many years feel burned out. If they had more responsibility or had a change in work assignments the company would retain more employees.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fashion fun for all

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsGreat people to work with, lots of growth potential at store level, benefits

ConsInventory night is hell however once a year

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start customer service

Sellebrity (Current Employee) East Brunswick, NJ

Pros-easy to fix customer service inquiries

Cons-hours can be all over the place

Rewarding

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsFlexible work hours, personal growth, professional growth

Consworking holidays, low hourly rate

Advice to Senior ManagementPay to keep good employees

Passionate about delivering quality goods at a good price.

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood vision, recognition, laid back, benefits, pay.

ConsToo laid back, lack of technology, lack of career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice at his time.

An okay retail job with lots of perks

Sellebrity (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGap Inc offers awesome perks to their employees. 50% off discount on regular priced items at Gap & Banana Republic, 25% off at Old Navy.

Cons.10 cent maximum raise each year, when you're actually doing the job of 2 people in a 4 hour shift

Advice to Senior Managementpay better

Overnight stock

Overnight Replenishment Team (Former Employee) Levittown, NY

ProsNo dealing with customers. Great if you are a night person and don't like waking up early. Can have the whole day and night before for friends and family. Waste zero sunlight by being inside!

ConsSometimes worked until 4am or later.

I love working for Old Navy, Gapinc. is a great company to work for.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsThe managers and employees are very casual and allowed to express themselves. Old Navy does not discriminate at all and the staff is very diverse. They give good hours and are very organized. You meet with a manager at the beginning of your shift and they go over sales with you as well as how many Old Navy Cards we still need. They tell you what department you are in and you get to work. You get great discounts at Gap, Banana, and Old Navy.

ConsIt is hard to be promoted, there are team leaders which is more or less a key holder. Those people work the most hours and have been with the company for a long time, they most likely are going to continue to stay with the company and keep their position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a solid raise every year with the company, if it is understood that there was a 25 cent raise every year for example it would definitely be an incentive for employees to stay with the company.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Staten Island, NY

ProsEmployee discount is great, lots of hours, tightly knit employee group, easy to transfer

ConsI would often get called in on my one day off and then have management upset with me if i couldn't come in. Sorry if my 50 hours a week at a barely above minimum wage salary isn't enough for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and avoid getting involved in the interpersonal drama between employees

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!