Old Navy

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.2 1,255 reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 90 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • you will only become a cashier if you get customers to open old navy credit cards (in 123 reviews)

• They don't offer any unpaid time off or paid benefits to part time employees (in 60 reviews)

More Highlights
1,255 Employee Reviews

Great co workers and aura

ProsThe co workers are usually very good to get along with. The customers are usually agreeable as well. The pay is pretty good for retail.

ConsDepending on the size of your store it can be very difficult to keep the store clean. That was one of the main issues especially when there was under-staffing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was very effective but every manger seemed to have different methods on going about things and it would help if they were all on the same page.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Sales Associate (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsFLEXIBLE HOURS DURING HOLIDAY SEASON

Conscustomers being customers, very messy.

Advice to Senior Managementstop allowing customers to come in after closing time...it really irritates employees

Great, dynamic

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsLots of personalities, easy to work with

ConsHard work, sometimes pulled in different directions

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great atmosphere

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Mankato, MN

ProsGreat coworkers, fun environment, flexible scheduling, employee discount

ConsLike at any retail job, there isn't much difference in daily responsibilities. Same old, same old.

Enjoyable and easy going

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Papillion, NE

ProsFlexible work schedule.
    Managers were super great and personable!
    Fun environment with lots of change

ConsNot a lot of opportunity to move in the company. Pay is right for first job but beyond that it's not competitive

Phenomenal!

Sellebrity (Current Employee) College Station, TX

ProsPeople, pay, atmosphere, work attire

Consold navy credit cards, register

It was a great environment to work in. The employees were great

Sales Associate/Cash Handler (Former Employee) Holyoke, MA

ProsThe best thing about working there is the competitive hours and the discount. Working hard gets your more hours and greater chances for promotion.

ConsThe worst thing about it is that your not always better at a task than someone else so you may get less hours than them. And set schedules are not available.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say employee evaluations should be done every 3 to 4 months instead of every year. It gets hard not know where you are as a employees when you work there for so long.

Flexible, team atmosphere

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Charlottesville, VA

ProsTeam, flexibility, Everyone seems to like being there for the most part. Everyone is really helpful and willing to answer questions! Employee discount both at ON and other Gap Inc.stores is awesome!

ConsEmphasis on ON cards can be frustrating because sometimes there are days when people just don't want to open a credit card. Charlottesville store management is great though and very understanding...

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great first job

Sales Associate/Cash Handler (Current Employee)

ProsFor the most part I love working here. The managers are down to earth and fair yet produce results, the workload is manageable, and the salary is much better than minimum wage. Great discounts and fun environment.

ConsTraining could be better, I was lost at the register for weeks when I first started. People who are effective at getting customers to sign up for Old Navy Cards are favored. Cashiers sometimes had too many things to promote to customers (coupons, ONCs, email, donations to charities) which could get overwhelming/annoying to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on training procedures, specifically the different processes on the register.

Fun exciting environment occasionally drama occurs

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Valley Stream, NY

ProsFun co workers & managers, great hours, easy job to have

ConsStart you at minimum wage, the Gm was very immature & unprofessional loved to start drama , customers can be rude & disrespectful

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!