Old Navy

3.3
1,449 Reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy
Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 99 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 133 reviews)

Cons
  • Performance is based mostly of off how many Old Navy credit cards you sell (in 133 reviews)

• Must know how to prioritize your time to achieve work-life balance along with respective DOR (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Could be worse!!!!

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Woodstock, GA

I worked at Old Navy part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, LOVED my co-workers

Cons

Bonus structure was taken way for merchandiser and left in place for pricing associates

Excellent Work Place

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Flexible hours and Great employees discounts

Cons

Not enough hours to work

great after school job

I worked at Old Navy

Pros

The hours were flexible for a student

Cons

The job got to be mundane at times

better understand your employees and think of creative ways to keep them incentivized

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Covina, CA

I worked at Old Navy part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Customer service experience. You get to learn the inventory, cashier and other opportunities depending on how good you are at your job.

Cons

Seasonal. Mostly for students of college level. Not a very stable place to be if you are looking to grow.

Old Navy was a good place to work during while I attended worked on my undergrad degree.

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Norman, OK

I worked at Old Navy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The great things about old navy were the flexible work schedule and the great people that you get to work with.

Cons

Sometimes, during slow months you might not get to work all of the hours you were scheduled due to management having to send employees home early to stay in the black for the day.

I know there was a lot of turnover in store management. Give more incentives to Managers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Alameda, CA

I worked at Old Navy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers were probably the best part of the job! Management sucks. Schedules also suck. I mean it is retail.. compensation sucked A LOT.

Cons

Pay was terrible. Work environment was pretty lame. Yearly evaluations were a joke.

Stop playing favoritism..

Great people, bad structure.

Former Employee - Sellebrity
    Former Employee - Sellebrity

I worked at Old Navy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hiring process was incredible fast and everyone that I worked with was very pleasant.

Cons

I really wanted to like working here after my wonderful interview experience and after meeting the team. Unfortunately, there is an incredible lack of order when it comes to store operations that happens each and every day and week.
    The store is ALWAYS a disaster no matter how hard you work because there's no one else to help you out. You might be the sole associate on the floor for your entire shift trying to cover thousands of square feet. It cannot feasibly be done. Because you only have two hands, there will be a mess for the team that comes in after you and it'll snowball. Yay.
    The work week starts Sunday and you might not get your schedule until late Friday night which becomes even more of a problem if you're like some of my coworkers who have more than one job. And why do they need more than one job? Because as little as one or two shifts a week is not going to pay the bills. I witnessed more than one individual quit because of the complications this caused. Then I did because all that time I wasn't working gave me plenty to find a new and better job.
    I cannot blame the store management entirely because I know in order to schedule your employees, you need to know how many hours your allotted. In order to get a larger allotment, you need to make more money. In order to make more money, you need to have associates able to help. It's a vicious cycle.

Understand that the biggest part of the customer experience is tied to service and in order to provide that, you need to take care of your employees better by providing more hours and greater organization. Try assigning sellebrities to specific sections rather than just throwing them on the floor with little direction. Set an certain day each week that the schedule must be completed.

Decent part time job

I have been working at Old Navy

Pros

Working with a lot of diverse minds.

Cons

Broken communication among management. No clear directions given

It wasn't that bad.

Former Employee - Seasonal Sellebrity in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sellebrity in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Old Navy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment was nice and friendly.

Cons

I didn't get enough hours.

Divide hours evenly between seasonal workers.

If you like retail

Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, quarterly bonus and 4 weeks pto. If you like retail a good place to work. If you get in the right location and have great management it can be a great experience.

Cons

Advancement takes a while. Holiday season probably work every weekend and you won't spend anytime with your family. The pay isn't that great, especially when they expect a lot.