Old Republic Home Protection

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
3.3

Gwen Gallagher

SO FAR SO GOOD .. PRAYING FOR LONGEVITY WITH ORHP ....

Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

They have an amazing training program, PRESIDENT, management staff and the amazing Romel in TAPS ... I feel that they set you up fir success the ball is in your court and it's up to you to either drop it or dunk it. They are family oriented and full of positive energy. I plan on being with ORHP for the long haul. If you join ORHP you will love it and the president love's beyonce lol.

Cons

I am a little nervous about getting on the phones seeing that I've never worked in a live call center setting, but I'm hoping that whatever team I join that they will coach and assist me which I have no doubts they won't.

Keep up the good work! A little more flexibility with scheduling if possible for those with medical issues.

Be Friendly, Don't Think, Don't Care, Don't Strive to Improve and You'll do Fine.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed

Cons

They have a very complex claims business, which they choose to view as a call center. Consequently they hire people for customer service skills, not for their ability to read, analyze and make decisions. They are constantly implementing systems to attempt to compensate for the fact that their employees aren't qualified for the work they do.

They do a lot of things to give the impression that they care (Halloween dress-up and buying pizza, for example), but when it comes to things that really matter, they fail. I worked for the company for 12 years, have a raise for over 5 years, despite consistently excellent performance appraisals. was then given the choice of commuting 200 miles daily or losing my job. The real kicker - after they fired me they told EDD I voluntarily quit, so I was denied benefits.

The CEO is so last century (mind you I'm almost 60, so this is quite a statement) she has everything printed out to read from a hard-copy.

They ask your opinion, but usually have their mind made up before asking the question. There wasn't a single time in the past 4-5 years I felt like a single thing I said was heard. There is a huge disconnect between their stated values and how they actually treat people.

Non Humanity ...

Former Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Can't think of any ...

Cons

The management does not have a human connection with there employees, they have no remorse for unpredictable human events, I was written up for getting into a car accident and my physician took me off for a week and old republic would not let me come back without a release letter from the doc, of course my doc refused due to the car accident, so I was written up at work and received occurrences for a person hitting me. I requested a meeting with call center management and told them that it was unreasonable and unthinkable that I was being punished for a car accident, they did not care. Mind you I am a really great rep with no prior disciplinary actions, still no remorse! So with that being stated I now work for the competitor.

You will lose valuable people due to your foolish decisions.

All you do is sit at a computer and authorize work orders. Simple.

Current Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It takes no mental or physical energy.

Cons

You learn nothing and it is a dead end job.

Management is lazy.

A destination company

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

The people who work here care about doing a great job, which contributes to creating a positive customer experience, resulting in Company success.

Cons

Limited schedule flexibility; very limited ability to telecommute.

Will always be one of the best companies I had the pleasure of working for.

Former Employee - CC Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - CC Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay/bonuses, supportive management team (Gwen, C.O.O, CC Managers, Supervisors) , stability, growth for individuals who go above and beyond the minimum expectations. Work was consistent, aggressive and challenging which I enjoyed very much, diversity, the list goes on and on.

Cons

That I no longer work there.

Stay on your current path as you are headed in the right direction. I wish you all the best.

A Large Family

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

The people really make it a great place to work. You really are part of the family. There are many challenges, and I find that fun. If you work hard, take ownership, responsibility and you really care, there is a place for you here.

Cons

Lack of real career pathing. It can take a long time before your position changes. People tend to stay in there positions for a long time.

For the past 12 years, I have been part of the Old Republic Workforce and it has been rewarding on many levels.

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stability, growth, and longevity. We are growing so there is a lot of opportunity for the right employees that want to commit.

Cons

Very little schedule flexibility (work from home) but I hope that changes one day.

motivating, fast paced, great hr personnel and gracious supervisor

Former Employee - Authorization Representative in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Authorization Representative in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection

Pros

great benefits, summer overtime, upbeat and sincere supervisors. little supervision and flexibility to make decisions.

Cons

max out at 25 how as a supervisor.

don't cap salary

A very supportive and positive envirnoment

Current Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection

Pros

Excellent support staff with unsurpassed attention to detail and customer service. All areas of the company are working toward the same goal, which makes doing business very easy.

Cons

Limited ability to move up in the company due to a small sales base and limited number of positions within the company.

Excellent leadership, extremely supportive and helpful. I absolutely enjoy the management team at Old Republic Home Protection. I would highly recommend anyone to seek employment with ORHP.