Old Republic Home Protection Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Gwen Gallagher

1. SO FAR SO GOOD .. PRAYING FOR LONGEVITY WITH ORHP ....

Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

They have an amazing training program, PRESIDENT, management staff and the amazing Romel in TAPS ... I feel that they set you up fir success the ball is in your court and it's up to you to either drop it or dunk it. They are family oriented and full of positive energy. I plan on being with ORHP for the long haul. If you join ORHP you will love it and the president love's beyonce lol.

Cons

I am a little nervous about getting on the phones seeing that I've never worked in a live call center setting, but I'm hoping that whatever team I join that they will coach and assist me which I have no doubts they won't.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! A little more flexibility with scheduling if possible for those with medical issues.

2. Call center environment.....constantly repackaging the same crap

Former Employee - Auditor
    Former Employee - Auditor

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection (Less than a year)

Pros

better than being a customer

Cons

Too many to list. If you like to work in the 3rd circle of hell then this is the place for you. Regardless of what is said about the quality over quantity speech, numbers matter more than you. You are a number, a cog in the wheel of an ever revolving door of people where the bottom line drives not only the numbers but also how they truly treat their customers. At first you think it is a family atmosphere but over time it turns into a numbers game pitting you against your peers and the supervisors. Supervisors are not truly held accountable for their agents. You can do poorly and get fired and they just get another warm body. I saw an entire team be let go due to poor performance and the supervisor was given a better position. How is that possible? Department names change and roles fluctuate for the sake of change, whether necessary or not. The amount of back stabbing that goes on is worse than high school. There are prison inmates that behave better than the catty b/s that is a constant. Favoritism is rampant, more so then most businesses.

Advice to Management

No accountability. You are on your own.

3. autho agent

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection

Pros

nothing about this company is a pro !

Cons

they pay NOTHING for the bs they put u threw say how good a company it is but sucks , you can be getting bullied by the employess an HR could careless about your safety! would give 0stars if i could

Hell-hole

Former Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

one great trainer, the others are a joke "organized" 10 week training process

Cons

HR is a joke, i was accused of bullying a fellow coworker and they fired me because of it I doubt they even looked into it.

Advice to Management

Hire better HR peope. Im studying HR and they did not go through the proper channels

6. Job with no future, an absolute joke.

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection

Pros

Honestly, absolutely no pro's at all........

Cons

Management is terrible, sit around and talk all day. This is the true definition of a dead end job. Very high turnover, a lot of work for low pay. The workload doesn't equal the pay.The crappy company will send you to HR to talk about your 401k and will have someone emptying out your desk. What a horrible company...............

Advice to Management

Catch a clue, for you are lost.........

Be Friendly, Don't Think, Don't Care, Don't Strive to Improve and You'll do Fine.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed

Cons

They have a very complex claims business, which they choose to view as a call center. Consequently they hire people for customer service skills, not for their ability to read, analyze and make decisions. They are constantly implementing systems to attempt to compensate for the fact that their employees aren't qualified for the work they do. They do a lot of things to give the impression that they care (Halloween dress-up and buying pizza, for example), but when it comes to things that really matter, they fail. I worked for the company for 12 years, have a raise for over 5 years, despite consistently excellent performance appraisals. was then given the choice of commuting 200 miles daily or losing my job. The real kicker - after they fired me they told EDD I voluntarily quit, so I was denied benefits. The CEO is so last century (mind you I'm almost 60, so this is quite a statement) she has everything printed out to read from a hard-copy. They ask your opinion, but usually have their mind made up before asking the question. There wasn't a single time in the past 4-5 years I felt like a single thing I said was heard. There is a huge disconnect between their stated values and how they actually treat people.

8. All you do is sit at a computer and authorize work orders. Simple.

Current Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It takes no mental or physical energy.

Cons

You learn nothing and it is a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Management is lazy.

9. A destination company

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

The people who work here care about doing a great job, which contributes to creating a positive customer experience, resulting in Company success.

Cons

Limited schedule flexibility; very limited ability to telecommute.

10. Will always be one of the best companies I had the pleasure of working for.

Former Employee - CC Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - CC Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay/bonuses, supportive management team (Gwen, C.O.O, CC Managers, Supervisors) , stability, growth for individuals who go above and beyond the minimum expectations. Work was consistent, aggressive and challenging which I enjoyed very much, diversity, the list goes on and on.

Cons

That I no longer work there.

Advice to Management

Stay on your current path as you are headed in the right direction. I wish you all the best.

11. A Large Family

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

The people really make it a great place to work. You really are part of the family. There are many challenges, and I find that fun. If you work hard, take ownership, responsibility and you really care, there is a place for you here.

Cons

Lack of real career pathing. It can take a long time before your position changes. People tend to stay in there positions for a long time.

RSS Feed </> Embed