Old Republic Home Protection

Updated May 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gwen Gallagher

SO FAR SO GOOD .. PRAYING FOR LONGEVITY WITH ORHP ....

Authorizaton Agent (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

ProsThey have an amazing training program, PRESIDENT, management staff and the amazing Romel in TAPS ... I feel that they set you up fir success the ball is in your court and it's up to you to either drop it or dunk it. They are family oriented and full of positive energy. I plan on being with ORHP for the long haul. If you join ORHP you will love it and the president love's beyonce lol.

ConsI am a little nervous about getting on the phones seeing that I've never worked in a live call center setting, but I'm hoping that whatever team I join that they will coach and assist me which I have no doubts they won't.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! A little more flexibility with scheduling if possible for those with medical issues.

All you do is sit at a computer and authorize work orders. Simple.

Authorization Agent (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

ProsIt takes no mental or physical energy.

ConsYou learn nothing and it is a dead end job.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is lazy.

A destination company

ProsThe people who work here care about doing a great job, which contributes to creating a positive customer experience, resulting in Company success.

ConsLimited schedule flexibility; very limited ability to telecommute.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Will always be one of the best companies I had the pleasure of working for.

CC Manager (Former Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

ProsDecent pay/bonuses, supportive management team (Gwen, C.O.O, CC Managers, Supervisors) , stability, growth for individuals who go above and beyond the minimum expectations. Work was consistent, aggressive and challenging which I enjoyed very much, diversity, the list goes on and on.

ConsThat I no longer work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on your current path as you are headed in the right direction. I wish you all the best.

A Large Family

ProsThe people really make it a great place to work. You really are part of the family. There are many challenges, and I find that fun. If you work hard, take ownership, responsibility and you really care, there is a place for you here.

ConsLack of real career pathing. It can take a long time before your position changes. People tend to stay in there positions for a long time.

For the past 12 years, I have been part of the Old Republic Workforce and it has been rewarding on many levels.

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

ProsStability, growth, and longevity. We are growing so there is a lot of opportunity for the right employees that want to commit.

ConsVery little schedule flexibility (work from home) but I hope that changes one day.

motivating, fast paced, great hr personnel and gracious supervisor

Authorization Representative (Former Employee)
    San Ramon, CA

Prosgreat benefits, summer overtime, upbeat and sincere supervisors. little supervision and flexibility to make decisions.

Consmax out at 25 how as a supervisor.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't cap salary

A very supportive and positive envirnoment

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsExcellent support staff with unsurpassed attention to detail and customer service. All areas of the company are working toward the same goal, which makes doing business very easy.

ConsLimited ability to move up in the company due to a small sales base and limited number of positions within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent leadership, extremely supportive and helpful. I absolutely enjoy the management team at Old Republic Home Protection. I would highly recommend anyone to seek employment with ORHP.

Great place to work!!

San Ramon, CA

ProsORHP is making some great changes to ensure all our customers, both internall and external stay our top focus. For those people who are innovative, hard working and really care about their job, this is the place to be. Your dedictaion will be recognized and rewarded.

ConsEvery day is different, so you have to be flexible. Not every answer is "yes", so you have to be willing to think outside the box to determine a resolution that is satisfactory to all parties involved. This is not a place where you just "show up"; your heart has to be in it and that has to show in all your interactions so you match the culture of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the President and Vice President visible and vailable. They are the true "heart" of ORHP - let everyone get to know them through their words and actions. Lots of communication from them to the staff.

This is a great company to work for. I wish now that I had never left Old Republic!!

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay...base and commission. Great benefits & bonuses. The staff is very supportative and everyone works together as a team to make this such a great company. Employess do not usually leave this company...

ConsThe Vice President likes to Micro Manage....

Advice to Senior ManagementThe self yearly evaluation should be done away with. It is a waste of time.

Worked for Old Republic Home Protection? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Republic Home Protection reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Old Republic Home Protection CEO Gwen Gallagher. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Old Republic Home Protection employees.