Old Republic Title

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

R. Wayne Shupe

They paid well but are short staffed.

Escrow Assistant (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThey paid well !!! Training was good.

ConsOffices need to hire more workers. Working through lunches and not able to take breaks is a common occurrence. Need to update all their computers and computer systems to keep up with modern office practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire part-time workers to fill in the gaps so that full time workers do not have to work overtime everyday and work through lunches and breaks.

my experience there was a frustrating one overall with management decisions leading the wrong way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were good until corporate decided to change and minimize coverage across all plans.

Consopportunites for advancement mimimal to zero

Advice to Senior Managementyou can certainly Take care of your Assets which are the people much better.

I've actually learned good skills working there over the years

ProsLongevity. People in the title business have been at their jobs for many years, and they've got good experience.

ConsUnfortunately the office I work in can be stressing at times; there's yelling, which isn't good for workplace morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf supervisors are yelling at employees, or just in general at work, talk to them. Things like that aren't good for workplace morale. It creates a negative energy.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Welcomed and respected

Sales & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsFamily like employees who support one another in any situation.

ConsDid not have the opportunity to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDidn't have a chance to prove myself or skills.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat bonuses and overtime if desired

ConsPoor management, bad attitudes, personnel not treated equally

Advice to Senior ManagementMake salaries more consistent, manage, don't show so much favoritism to your relatives and friends and if you do, don't do it in front of everyone else

Horrible

Escrow Officer (Former Employee)
    Castro Valley, CA

ProsGood amount of business and market share

ConsToxic work environment, co-workers always tattling on each other, favoritism, etc

Management does not provide adequate support staff or tools needed to maintain the required work flow.

Escrow Officer (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsStable company has been in business for 100 plus years.

ConsLack of Escrow knowledge and interest from Management. Escrow Management software is not user friendly and creates a lot of extra work to correctly do required work

DO NOT EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Akron, OH

ProsThere are no pros, this is a title "factory" and you will never be happy here. You punch in and punch out and never will grow with this company. Every day you go in you're expecting it to be your last. They have layed off more than 60% of there staff in the last 6 months.

ConsTeam leads in the company are a complete joke. There is so little work coming in from ORT's customers so to keep the team leads busy they watch their teams internet useage, when the log in and out of their computers, when they take breaks and lunch and they do this to help identify people fire. Forget about any formal on-the-job training or career development opportunities here as they are non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, consider offering cross-training across multiple departments so that as you keep firing people due to the lack of business you have, people can step in to other rolls and not miss a beat. Give employees a sense of worth by having management converse with employees rather than having their doors closed all day. Get rid of team leads because let's be honest, they do nothing more than what their teams due.

Wonderful

Lien Clearance Associate (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsGreat work environment, great people to work for, good pay and benefits

Consmanagement not knowledgeable about the jobs their subordinates do

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining managers to know the jobs of their subordinates

Chaotic Abyss of Dread and Confusion

Temp (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsNot very heavy on micro-managment

ConsSaying my interview was straightforward is an understatement. I was told that it was rough, I wouldn't be trained and there were going to be people I was not going to get along with.

What I wasn't told was that there is just no nice way to learn their computer system and there is no nice way to do anything - period. Not many people working there really know that there are more efficient ways to do things either. They have simply adapted to the insane workload and the crazy ways of doing everything. I was even accused of lying because I didn't know how to do everything their backwards way.

I also found this to be unique to this company: When issues come up that could be counteracted before it ruins the deadline, the only real shot you have to get the problem through to anyone who MAY have a solution, mind you no one wants to have anything to do with another problem and will go out of their way to avoid any kind of attempt at resolving it, the only suggestion I have would be to write in all caps in as choppy of a sentence as you can.

Also if you are not rude, you will not last there. I would pick up on things three weeks before they were even addressed and by the time there is any intervention it is a blame game but what no one really sees as more important is that it is an irreversible error.

I am not being dramatic - This place will give you nightmares.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really know how to do the jobs of the people who are assisting you.

Worked for Old Republic Title? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Republic Title reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Old Republic Title CEO R. Wayne Shupe. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Old Republic Title employees.