Old Republic Title

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

R. Wayne Shupe

I valued my time with ORT. I learned a lot while I was there. I regret having left and miss working there.

Senior ESCROW OFFICER (Former Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsThey really cared about their employees. They took the time to find out if you needed help.

Conscompensation, but overall, it was a very good work environment.

Advice to Senior Managementre-hire me and you won't be disappointed :)

They paid well but are short staffed.

Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThey paid well !!! Training was good.

ConsOffices need to hire more workers. Working through lunches and not able to take breaks is a common occurrence. Need to update all their computers and computer systems to keep up with modern office practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire part-time workers to fill in the gaps so that full time workers do not have to work overtime everyday and work through lunches and breaks.

I should have run out the door the very first day. Other people did and I should have taken note

Funder (Current Employee)

ProsThere were no pros to working for this company other than a paycheck.

ConsThe managers don't care about the people working for them. They don't care to be subjective about anything. They are all management by exception. They wait until it breaks and then they blame everyone else rather than trying to straighten everything out before it becomes a problem. The team leads and supervisors are not truly qualified to be in their positions with a few exceptions. It is true that they have implemented a new system of checking your time in and out from breaks and lunch. If you are off by a minute you are in trouble. Their computer system sometimes makes it impossible to get back into the grid in time. It has taken more than 20 minutes to sign back on after a break or lunch due to the system kicking me out constantly. Everyone works there because they need the money. They are not happy. Most of the supervisors and team leads have attitudes and they take it out on their workers verbally every day. Don't know why the workers haven't banded together to show some solidarity. There is no chance of promotion within this company. If you hire in as a permanent or temp then that position is the only one you will probably have until they lay you off. The only values this company has is how many people can we let go this month, how much money can we save, and how much did we make this month.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe GM for the Akron office needs to get involved and start evaluating the managers, supervisors, and team leads. It has been run on the buddy system for too long. You can't stick someone in a cubicle and beat them with a stick every day and expect them to like it and thank you for it. You should be talking with the staff/worker bees to find out where the problem areas are and then fix them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

my experience there was a frustrating one overall with management decisions leading the wrong way.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were good until corporate decided to change and minimize coverage across all plans.

Consopportunites for advancement mimimal to zero

Advice to Senior Managementyou can certainly Take care of your Assets which are the people much better.

I've actually learned good skills working there over the years

ProsLongevity. People in the title business have been at their jobs for many years, and they've got good experience.

ConsUnfortunately the office I work in can be stressing at times; there's yelling, which isn't good for workplace morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf supervisors are yelling at employees, or just in general at work, talk to them. Things like that aren't good for workplace morale. It creates a negative energy.

Welcomed and respected

Sales & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsFamily like employees who support one another in any situation.

ConsDid not have the opportunity to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDidn't have a chance to prove myself or skills.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat bonuses and overtime if desired

ConsPoor management, bad attitudes, personnel not treated equally

Advice to Senior ManagementMake salaries more consistent, manage, don't show so much favoritism to your relatives and friends and if you do, don't do it in front of everyone else

Horrible

Escrow Officer (Former Employee) Castro Valley, CA

ProsGood amount of business and market share

ConsToxic work environment, co-workers always tattling on each other, favoritism, etc

Management does not provide adequate support staff or tools needed to maintain the required work flow.

Escrow Officer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsStable company has been in business for 100 plus years.

ConsLack of Escrow knowledge and interest from Management. Escrow Management software is not user friendly and creates a lot of extra work to correctly do required work

DO NOT EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsThere are no pros, this is a title "factory" and you will never be happy here. You punch in and punch out and never will grow with this company. Every day you go in you're expecting it to be your last. They have layed off more than 60% of there staff in the last 6 months.

ConsTeam leads in the company are a complete joke. There is so little work coming in from ORT's customers so to keep the team leads busy they watch their teams internet useage, when the log in and out of their computers, when they take breaks and lunch and they do this to help identify people fire. Forget about any formal on-the-job training or career development opportunities here as they are non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, consider offering cross-training across multiple departments so that as you keep firing people due to the lack of business you have, people can step in to other rolls and not miss a beat. Give employees a sense of worth by having management converse with employees rather than having their doors closed all day. Get rid of team leads because let's be honest, they do nothing more than what their teams due.

Worked for Old Republic Title? Contribute to the Community!