Old Spaghetti Factory

www.osf.com

Old Spaghetti Factory Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Old Spaghetti Factory – San Diego – “San Diego”

Chris Dussin

Great place to work!

Waiter (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFlexible schedule, enjoyable atmosphere, great team commraderie!

ConsPrep work can be overly time-consuming.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees at your store.

Very Mediocre

Hostess (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFun place for a young person to work, surrounded by tons of people. Luckily the people working were fun and friendly which was the only thing that made this job tolerable.

ConsRidiculous organization. Would get called in for a shift and be let go two hours later. The system for seating tables was unnecessarily complicated. This is the 21st century and for a restaurant with over 100 tables there should be some kind of computer at the desk to at least help visualize where to put guests. Hosts do half of the bussing work but get no cut in tips. It's no wonder why there is such a high turnover rate.

The enjoy of being server

ProsGood environment, friendly boss and enjoy your work

Consafter nordstrom store closed in downtown the bussines went donw

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Old Spaghetti Factory

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsFlexible place to work. Easy to pickup and drop shifts.

ConsLow check averages, it would be nice to have them higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Values aren't there if your management does not care

Server (Former Employee)

ProsI loved the friendships and the kindness the staff for the most part were. That is about it.....

ConsThe say that if you work at the spaghetti factory you are in the family... yeah as long as you kiss butt and offer to be a slave. My schedule was posted a week in advance... you can not have a life because the dreaded hot schedule app... My shifts were changed on a daily basis. You were promised so many things only to see it taken away by a manager on the following shift, because their "friend" server wanted it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to act like a family, then do it. You can not stand in the office and expect to run a company that anyone in their right mind to stay. Your servers are getting triple sat and the kitchen is running long ticket times, but yet you sit in the office. You never once check on a server that is weeded. You have one cook in the kitchen and the there are 3 managers in the office or in a different dining room enjoying lunch. Management is time consuming and busy, but it is time to work.

it was a plagsure working their.

Line Cook (Former Employee)

Prosthe empolyees are very helpful

Constheir are no downs size working at this job.

Advice to Senior Managementto be very wise and helpful, also understanding.

They are very by the book and corporate

Server (Current Employee) Tukwila, WA

Prosflexible schedule, easy hours good money

Consthey do not care about your personal life or what you have going on

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees better, and seniority matters

So-so (SD downtown location)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGREAT coworkers; flexible hours (when granted); easy menu, company rules and standards to be learned; sometimes granted time requested off as long as it doesn't conflict w a big event like comicon or any other event at the convention center; ... Overall, the coworkers become your best friends and that's what makes the job hard to leave.

ConsHORRIBLE TIPS. I have broken $100 about 4 or 5 times and I've worked there for 8 months now.
    No auto gratuity (unless you tell management that the party agreed to it ;) )
    Stupid events like "murder mystery" held. They are banquet so no auto gratuity even though you and 4 other servers and serving 100 customers w pre paid meals through the company; therefore your tips are usually around $25 each for the night (best I've heard was $80 and that was astonishing).
    No free food whatsoever. So strict on that. Not even free bread that even the customers get for free or taking home a kids cup of soda because it "costs the company $.10!" What.
    Complete meal concept is the biggest thing. If it weren't for a free EVERYTHING w each meal, checks would be higher hence better tips.
    Tipped $4-10 avg e bill
    Management doesn't care about your problems unless it has to do w a customer
    Lunch shift sucks. Usually will walk w under $20 on an avg day
    Have to pay for your own parking or find street parking
     On calls suck
    Demanded to work doubles all the time
    Too many cons to list. Don't work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop complete meal concepts!!!!! Tell mangers to be a little friendlier w staff so you actually feel welcomed and not like you have to suck up in order to get on their good side... This takes focus away from the job and makes it all seem too personal. No more on calls either. I understand it.. But what a joke. And doubles? How about ASKING us first. Not just demanding us to work a double shift (esp w no parking compensation or a free meal).

A good place to have your first job.

Hostess (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, everyone is really laid-back; the restaurant is a fun environment, very family oriented. Good starting job

ConsVery high turnover rate...I felt like the managers didn't even know my name. They had so many servers and hostesses hired that I only worked 1-2 days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less! Get to know the lower workers on the totem pole, they're the first impression of your restaurant.

Great experience but limited growth opportunity

General Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLearning all aspects of a restaurant, good pay, normal amount of hours

ConsLimited company growth, expected relocation, micro management

Advice to Senior ManagementDecentralize and update corporate structure. District managers have little impact on the effectiveness of each restaurant and corporate is sometimes out of touch. Create incentive to preform higher and compete with similar restaurants with more competitive pay and bonuses.

Worked for Old Spaghetti Factory? Contribute to the Community!