OliverMcMillan Reviews

Updated January 31, 2015
33 reviews filtered by
3.7
Morgan Dene Oliver

1. The best experience yet!

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OM is definitely an employer that cares for each employee, which is very important. The amount of time, effort, and love that I have seen go into the Buckhead Atlanta project is overwhelming and very inspiring. Each detail, from employee training to the design of the project is at is finest. The culture that they run the company by should be the culture that every striving business should learn from! "In order to make special places happen, we must live in a special place ourselves." Dene Oliver

Cons

I understand that the company has experience a huge amount of growth in the last couple of years, which tends to make everyone very busy; so small things can get overlooked and it makes it hard to get in contact with management. Communication is key to a productive workday.

2. Do Your Homework

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make sure this is right for you and your family. The company is working on some interesting projects with good, hardworking people here but the expectations are often very unrealistic and a high stress environment that will follow you home. You can learn a lot fast and there is a strong emphasis on image and design.

Cons

People seem afraid to speak their minds, management is quick to blame when mistakes are made. There are promises made during the interview process that I’m not sure will ever be a reality. There is lots of talk of leadership and family but management comes across as elitist and hard to communicate with. Seems like they are working to change things and I am thankful to have my job but would recommend talking to people and doing research before taking a job here.

Advice to Management

More follow through on promises and setting expectations, careers, compensation. Understand the demands you place on staff and be better and more consistent with communication.

3. OliverMcMillan Buckhead Atlanta staff

Current Employee - Property in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Property in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed my time working with OliverMcMillan at Buckhead Atlanta. We know each person from top to bottom level. It was very great to get to learn more about the company when I started. We had a great training where we learned about Dene Oliver and the company and Buckhead Atlanta. We are also learning a lot about the company through facebook and twitter. The company is training us in things that are beyond our normal work. I am very grateful.

Cons

It is sometimes frustrating getting in touch with management. I think there should be a better system to get in touch when I need to discuss something.

5. Great Experiences at OliverMcMillan Buckhead Atlanta!

I have been working at OliverMcMillan

Pros

OliverMcMillan was my first "real" job out of college. I have been with the company for 6 months and have learnt so incredibly much and met some amazing people along the way. This company cares about each employee and their professional growth.

Cons

Even though I have many positives to share about OM, there are some unnecessary episodes of drama in the workplace.

6. Opportunities and Rewards are consistent at OliverMcMillan

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with OliverMcMillan for a few years now. This company has truly taken an interesting turn for the best over the past two years. Many people have came and left, but the work is where the true reward lives. The projects speak for themselves, and new roles in leadership have made the company stronger and more efficient as a whole.

Cons

A serious flow of gossip and negativity come at a constant from a small percent of the staff. Unfortunately, words travel fast and reputations have been ruined. I see this problem as normal in any work environment, but the amount of staff participation is abnormal. I would like to make my own conclusions about the people I work with and not be influenced by others....

Advice to Management

To continue to do employee appreciation and group activities. I appreciate my job so much when I am able to experience a fun positive energy with my co-workers and family.

7. A great new experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OM is a dynamic organization that obviously cares very much about their employees and the quality of the work that they do. The perks are more than I've ever seen and the leadership is involved and available to everyone.

Cons

Because there has been so much growth and people are extremely busy, it can be easy for small things to get overlooked, but process improvements are fixing that.

8. Great Company & Culture!!

Current Contractor - Human Resources Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Human Resources Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

OM is a great company to work for! The organization has consistently been a leader in the commercial real estate industry that values their employees and strives to create a positive work culture. Offers great perks to their employees and compensation is fair compared to the market/competitors.

Cons

Managers need to provide positive feedback, especially when there is so much work to complete and needing to meet deadlines. People need to be willing to put in the time and not complain when they need to work longer hours.

9. Admiration

Current Employee - Development Services in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Development Services in San Diego, CA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked as an employee or at a consultant company to OliverMcMillan for almost 20 years. This company has consistently been a leader in the commercial real estate industry, admired by everyone in the business. The CEO is a superstar and a warm, charismatic leader. It is a privilege to be part of this forward-looking company where art and design are so highly valued. Compensation is fair and more than most competitors offer, especially for creative work.

Cons

There is a lot of hard work for some but not all! You must be passionate and willing to work hard while ignoring that some do not put in the same hours.

Advice to Management

Create more life, work balance so that team members don't burn out!

10. Gratitude

Current Employee - Senior MD in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior MD in San Diego, CA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be part of an organization that values people and strives to create a positive work culture. I sincerely hope that this site helps convey and accentuate that OM is a great and special place to work.

Cons

It is unfortunate when a few disgruntled people can not work successfully within an organization, and their words and actions reflect negatively on the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to be committed to the positive core OM values - get people on or off the bus to continue to achieve greatness.

11. Work hard, Play hard, Love my co-workers

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time

Pros

There's no question that you work hard at OliverMcMillan, but it is with fantastic people. The office environment is second to none, very non-corporate, very creative, very comfortable. Management is always striving to improve the company's culture.

Cons

It definitely can be stressful at times. Deadlines can sometimes be daunting. Sometimes feels like deadlines are artificial.

Advice to Management

Would like more training and/or mentoring.