Olson

Updated May 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Partilla

They'll use you up, then forget you.

ProsTop notch talent. Great people and workspace. Lots of perks: random holidays, big celebrations and opportunities at every turn if you know where to look. Everyone works hard and plays hard.

ConsDidn't have a review in over three years of work. Upper level creatives were extremely difficult to track down if you didn't work with them directly. Very cliquey, and that determined who worked on what. Not a lot of transparency with employees, it always seemed like something was going on behind the scenes.

Project Manager

ProsGreat place, motivating culture, never a dull moment. You have the opportunity to span clients and get a very diverse set of experiences.

ConsThe culture is an agency. It's highly demanding and at times that can be quite stressful, but it's worth it when you work with great people.

Could be so much more but management only cares about money and selling the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSome really great people work here.

ConsOlson doesn't know who they want to be and doesn't have a clear vision how to get there. They have talented people but don't know how to manage their talent. Under new management it feels like all they care about is the bottom line.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place -- you can make a difference every single day.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSummer hours! Solid benefits. Incredible creative team. Great new business wins.

ConsGrowth brings its own challenges. Catching up to its size.

No career growth.

Programmer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood benefits. Generous PTO. They have a lot of happy hours and tons of free food. The office looks great. They have 401k match. They have health plan with HSA contribution. You can negotiate your PTO at the time of joining.

ConsBeen there for 3 years. No recognition for hard work as the managers take the credit. Wish the parking was free.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the talent.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Learning Experience

O-Tern (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat company culture, amazing office, really cool events for employees

ConsLack of direction at times, confusion on roles

Great place to work

Social Engagement (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsVery healthy, lots of employee benefits like gym classes and free breakfast. They did a lot to keep people happy.

ConsNot the best work anymore
    Very basic approach to social media
    Not very creative shop when I was there

Good people

Senior Art Director (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat ECD and CCO. Very knowledgable and friendly to talk too without being complete assets about everyone. Very well managed creative teams with a lot of support.

ConsHours can sometimes suck. But I guess that goes with the territory of advertising. We all knew what we got ourselves into when we got into this biz.

Fantastic Environment and People! Unclear career path

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Pros- Amazing clients!
    - Amazing people - who work their butts off and will help you do anything to be successful
    - Amazing digs - free coffee+booze+views of Target field? Sign me up

Cons- Managers are not good at providing mentorship and direction - focused on projects and clients
    - Training is abysmal
    - Communication and vision is improving, but the multi-faceted agency of the future still needs some clarity

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the kegs full and the other sins will be overlooked - seriously.

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat workspace. Great people. Fun culture. They celebrate big at OLSON. If you like a college-like atmosphere, this is the place for you.

ConsTop heavy. Lots of politics that get in the way of great work and process. Not a very stable company, they've lost some pretty big accounts, and gained a few little ones. The best employees get burned out. They work them very hard.

Worked for Olson? Contribute to the Community!