Ombudsman Educational Services
ombudsman.com Nashville, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ombudsman Educational Services Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Ombudsman Educational Services – Tucson – “Student with teacher”

Mark Claypool

Horrible Pay, Horrible Management, Horrible Job!

Greeley, CO

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsNo work to take home

ConsRidiculously low salary
Expensive benefits
Little to no useful training

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more supportive
Less talk, more help

Immediate supervisor was wonderful, but no loyalty from corporate management

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to help those students who may fall through the cracks. Helped many students stay in school and graduate on time and go to college.

ConsTeachers are led to believe upper management has their best interest at heart; however, hard work and true interest in the students result in getting fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate who you choose to occupy these positions.

They have the right ideas and concepts but to cheap to fully implement

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services

ProsAbility to directly impact kids educational future

ConsConstant changing of policies and curriculum.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to hire and most importantly keep good staff members you have to be competitive in the market that you are in. If not then you have constant turnover and the progress of the center and most importantly the kids will not happen.

Deceitful company !

Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for less than a year

ProsSchool breaks.
Getting some sort of a paycheck.

ConsLies to employees. Talks out of both sides of their mouth. Backstabbing co-workers and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest. Treat employees with respect and give them realistic expectations. Pay your teachers according to teaching experience.

Good Concept, Bad Set-Up.

Mableton, GA

ProsYou really do get to make a difference in your student's lives. Some of these students need this type of environment and set up to complete their schooling.

ConsLack of communication and quick turnarounds. You never know when someone will leave or be replaced by someone new. They have the center staff do all of the cleaning. Working with computers that are over 5 years old that break down and haven't been replaced for months is an issue. It is also sad when they tell you to have the students keep working on computers that have lost all sound when at least 1/3 of the students work involves watching videos or listening to a reading program that they have to do and don't get credit for doing. At your interview you may be told that you won't have to take any work home and this is a lie. Unless you have the most well behaved students there is no way you will have time to grade, and control the students, and answer questions, and move students forward in their programs, and deal with IT issues, and speak with parents, and do other in-house paperwork that needs to get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication. Offer better training. Replace old technology in a timely manner. Don't allow IT to close a ticket until they have confirmation that the issue is resolved or their solution worked. I have put in tickets that were closed and then got a stern response saying that I should not have submitted a new ticket, but no one responded when I commented on the closed ticket for over 2 weeks.

This place sucks!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockford, IL

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time

ProsThe part about this job is summer vacation.

ConsThe pay and unrealistic goals for teachers and students.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should spend more time in the centers or classrooms.

Great experience but very low pay in our area

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services

ProsGreat experience working with needy kids. Very nice management,

ConsTerrible pay, no bonuses, no built in time off or sick days (must earn them at a very slow pace), no insurance- although you can purchase some very bad quality insurance for an inflated price, no employer contributions of any kind, no raises or incentives to stay

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better pay and compensate employees to stay current with the market and be competitive. Give the employee some motivation to do better and stay at your facility

Great place to work... if you don't have bills, need insurance or expect a reference!

Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat management, positive attitudes, quality teachers

ConsPay (half of district)/ insurance (2x district) / Company has a no referral policy

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will never retain a strong staff the way you pay. It feels like a teacher farm.

Don't ruin your educational reputation by working here!

Hinesville, GA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunity to help students meet goals and stay in school. Great Opportunity to work one on one with students who close others out.

ConsNo support from upper management and shortage of much needed supplies.
No up to date textbooks and little emphasis placed on testing.
No pay increases or recognition for quality work. Time is spent dodging trivial write ups by inexperienced directors trying to cover their tracks and keep their jobs.
Low achievers and special needs students are underestimated and overlooked.
High turnover rate, because management selects people for the short term and later fires them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop placing dollar signs on students and place the right people in the right positions.Just because an employee looks the part on paper iy does not mean that they are right for the position.

rights violations

Director (Former Employee)
Shreveport, LA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time for more than a year

Proshelping students one on one

Consimproper ratios of minoroty groups and impoverished.
Seems like a dumping ground for districts to rid reg ed campuses of froblem students whom they can not meet their needs as required by law.'
There is far less oversight for OES to abide by the same laws as a school district.
Even when they do have SPED teachers it is so they know how to fill out the paperwork properly. They DO not provide all the services for SPED students as required by law.
Everything the other reviews said are true.
I have noticed how Georgia has opened a slew of new centers with LOTS of SPED teachers and security gaurds..Seri.ously should be checked out for disticts using these as a dumping ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your staff.
Abide by federal laws regarding civil rights.

Worked for Ombudsman Educational Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ombudsman Educational Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ombudsman Educational Services CEO Mark Claypool. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Ombudsman Educational Services employees.