Omega Engineering

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James Dale

A great place to plant your feet.

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsManagement in my department was excellent. There were never any issues or problems that were not worked out immediately once they were addressed.

ConsRaises were hard to come by in my early years due to the economy. Now, I'd say things are much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking from home would be very convenient.

Great Company

Engineering Technician (Former Employee) Bridgeport, CT

ProsPlenty of Opportunities for go getters

ConsPrivately held, can be autocratic

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard; keep making money

The supervisor was a "BULLY"!

Accounts Payable (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe cafetaria was great and the bathrooms were nice and clean.

ConsVery unproffessional enviroment. I was doing a temp assignment there last summer and the supervisor of the dept was a BULLY. I could not believe that in this day an age this kind of behavior was even allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart opening your eyes on how people are treated there and start getting rid of the bullies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a pleasant place to work!

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsClose to the train station so it's easy to commute without a car. No one expects you to work more than 40 hours in a week.

ConsToxic culture, dehumanizing and mostly depressing atmosphere. It's hard to work and be productive in this place. Senior management has no credibility among the people and so called communication meetings are useless. Most of the managers are horrible to work with. There is no career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your colleagues! Hire more young people, change the benefits and treat them like human beings.

Ridiculous atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsPay is not too bad starting out.

ConsMy boss would only communicate through email even though he was only 10 feet away from me. He would tell me not to start on a task until he told me to, then later would ask me how far I am on that task even though he never told me to start on it. I had to ask permission from the IT dept before every single little download I was required to make to complete my tasks. You have this overall feeling that your every move is being watched. This is the only job I've ever had where they requested your college transcripts along with every other piece of information they can extract from you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to your employees properly and effectively. Treat them like human beings. Be more rational and realistic in your guidelines and policies to allow productivity to move ahead more efficiently and timely.

O.K. job, if that is all you want.

(Former Employee) Bridgeport, NJ

ProsStraight 40 hours per week. Allowed to work at your own pace. Decent health benefits provided by the company if you are single.

ConsNo chance of career advancement. EXTREMELY restrictive use of paid vacation time; no time off in December, on a Monday or Friday. If the idea didn't come from the Hollander's it won't happen. No feedback on job performance until it's review time, or you are escorted from the premises.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop creating oppressive work rules. Increase 401k match to level of competeing firms. $1000 in 2010 is not the same as $1000 in 1984.

Hell on earth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was good. It was easy to get hired (because they couldn't retain employees). The train station next to the building was convenient for commuting.

ConsDehumanizing, depressing atmosphere. The stress level was very high. Dealing with upper management induced dread into nearly everyone. No amount of money is enough to put up with the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe big brother always watching atmosphere is horrible. Treat your employees like human beings, and the pay might be worth staying for.

Worked for Omega Engineering? Contribute to the Community!