Omni Air

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Crippen

Explore the world while getting paid to do it

ProsOpportunities to go all over the world, get to see amazing things and meet incredible people along the way.

ConsLow pay, terrible schedule, ugly uniforms.

It's a small world after all!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsObviously the number one Pro for this company is world travel. Most layovers are nice with great benefits such as free breakfast. Get paid to see the world and lounge around your hotel. I have made some lifelong friends (and family) working here.

ConsManagement is very "shady" and lacks morale. When you are told during training to "Not get comfortable", basically stating they can fired you for anything, then you know you're in for a treat. I've seen fellow co-workers get reprimanded or fired over something as simple as wearing the wrong heel size. There are times you are gone longer than your 19 scheduled days. My longest trip was 63 days out. The flight attendants get punished if they are Pro union since we are still in the process of obtaining one. Everyone basically walks on egg shells around here. Pilots and flight attendants are treated as if the belong to 2 different companies. Flight attendants are under extremely tight reins. Trips can be taken from you if you do not hold enough seniority. There are other cons that I have heard that I would use, except they are in comparison to other airlines which I have no experience at so my opinion would be void. It's a small company so everyone knows you somehow... (including management). I have met some of the meanest and cruelest people I ever hope to meet. Those people need to seriously get a life or a different job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect goes a long way. You got to give it to earn it. Quit treating your employees like 5 yr olds who you have to put in the corner for crying too loud. Just because there are some that are irresponsible doesn't mean the entirety need to be treated as so. Quit looking for ways to fire everyone or the negative. Instead, focus on what good things are coming from the staff you have. Please get some morals.

See the world and get paid

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsI have only great memories of my time with Omni Air I got the opportunity to see a lot of the world and had exotic layovers like Tahiti ,Maui ,Venice Italy, Greece, Cyprus, I spent time in Turkey Germany and the Middle East Memories to last a life time

ConsYou will not be home very often so keep that in mind .You also need to have great teamwork skills as the crew you are with are with you for at time a month at a time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great learning expeirence.

Stores (Current Employee)

ProsThe staff here are wonderful with great attitudes daily. This company also promates from within. If you love avaiation work this is great place to call home,

ConsThe pay isn't as great as you would expect for the qualtiy of work provided. Understaff is also a big deal. Saving money is good but you overwork the employess that are committed to doing good work.

Employee Morale is terrible.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe trips and layovers are a plus. You will definitely "see the world" if hired. You get a $200 bonus for each off day you work. It's an awesome job if you love to travel. We generally get decent amount of time to explore.

ConsYou are gone 19 days a month, sometimes 30 depending on which schedule you are awarded. They can use you for 4 of your off days. So if you were supposed to be gone 19 days, you could be held out longer into your off days. Promotions are unfair and not based on job performance, but on who "likes" you and how well you fit in. It is very gossipy and cut throat environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you like someone on a personal level, that doesn't mean they will make a good manager or supervisor. Be more professional and ignore the gossip and drama.

flying for Omni

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe best opportunity in the industry to travel the world. With trips lasting 21 days + away from the US you will visit places you have never heard or read about in your life.

ConsTraveling away from home for 21 days can be a strain on your relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop the "no hire back" policy

After 3 months of so called training, they said I wasn't learning fast enough and that I wasn't a good fit.

Operations Training Coordinator (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsLots of free lunches. Decent co-workers.

ConsVery small company, high turnover, low pay, constantly updating procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a real training program that works.

Flying with OAI

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe best airline to see the world! The layovers are the best suited to have ample time to explore all the different countries they fly to, I have visited over 25 different countries in my 5 years with Omni. If you work your off days you can earn an additional $200 per day plus flight hours!!!

ConsYou are gone 19 days a month and sometimes more. My longest trip was 36 days, I worked my off days {10 } and continued into my next schedule. It was very exhausting to be on the road this long, sometimes you have no choice because the company needs come first. You will miss your family and friends and begin to feel a bit disconnected after a while so be sure to remember this when applying.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are in the process of obtaining a union for the FA, the pilots already have theirs...

Best have a 2nd source of income !!

Flight Attendant (Former Employee)

ProsYou will see unusual places that you would never see working for a scheduled airline. Layovers can be long. You do have enough time to rest from jet lag.Thankfully a union contract is being negotiated.If a flight attendant group ever needed one it's this group. Wonderful crews, both pilots and flight attendants. The passengers are in large part military troops and are fantastic. Very savy company business wise in most aspects.

ConsInitial Pay is horrid. Virtually no control of your income, lack of flexibility of schedule. You must be available to fly 19-23 days a month. To make extra money you may offer some or all of your days off. It doesn't mean they'll use you.Total lack of transparency of who is flying what and how it was awarded. Sadly inflight division rules by "terror". Everyone is walking on egg shells.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR will need to invest in a couple of extra full-time employees to do nothing but handle union member grievances once a contract is in place if they don't lighten up.Senior management needs to spend the money to standardize all of the 767s if they want to be truly successful in wet lease business.

Great Experience, Exotic Locations

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThere are many pros to employment with Omni but a few of them include: great co-workers - I have made many life-long friends from this company; tons of international travel - you will visit many exoctic locations that the average person may never have the opportunity to see; passengers - some of the best

ConsWorking the occasional long day followed by short rest. But that is expected with most airlines, so nothing unsual. There also aren't as many jumpseat agreements with this airline than with others.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider removing your no-rehire policy. You have hardworking former employees, with a passion for the company and the industry, who would love the opportunity to return.

Worked for Omni Air? Contribute to the Community!