Omni Hotels

Omni Hotels Reviews in Broomfield, CO

3.9

Omni Hotels CEO Jim Caldwell
Jim Caldwell

Pros
  • Omni is a financially sound company with lots of opportunity for growth and relocation (in 8 reviews)

• Great company that practices its culture from the CEO all the way through the organization (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR ignore every issue and dont stand up for employees (in 14 reviews)

• Long hours - but that's to be expected in the hospitality industry (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great stepping-stone

Former Employee - Bellman in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Bellman in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work environment was nice. Of course, all things depend on your supervisors and managers, but as long as you obey and do what you're told - things usually go well. I was on the bell staff and enjoyed talking with guests, helping with their luggage, and parking their cars. Tips were typically good, and hourly wage was good too - although I left right before they lowered the hourly.

Cons

Sometimes, the hours were hectic, early mornings or late nights were your only options. I think that is part of the business though. I worked closely with the managers who were payed a salary and worked their butts off with usually at least 50 hours a week but, of course, they didn't get over time. At some points, if I was getting good tips, I would be making more than the managers.

HIgher pay equals higher moral. Higher moral equals greater company loyalty.

Omni Interlocken Resort - best place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

The Power of One
    Core Competencies
    Career Opportunities

Cons

Not enough Omni's in the US!

Continue to mentor and communicate to the field...it helps so much!

Was my favorite job, wish I was still working there.

Former Employee - Front Office Associate in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Front Office Associate in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Omni Hotels

Pros

Trust and Empowerment. Was given the ability to make decisions on my own, and the Hotel was better for it. Customers were helped with anything they needed without 'approval' from a manager. Truly a high quality resort and a respectful workplace.

Cons

Like all hotels, it is a 24 hour business. Must be flexible with hours. Though back-to-backs were very rare compared with other hotels at which I worked, they do occasionally exist. Weekends and Holidays are not exempt, for new or older workers.

Keep sharing information with your employees, keep trusting them to be professionals, and remember that it is the front line employees that run the hotel.

Omni is a great place to work, get started here to learn a lot

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

Private ownership, career advancement, atmosphere

Cons

small company, lower pay? managers not as motivated as you would like

Train and educate your management better, management should know more than line associates