Omni Hotels

Omni Hotels Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Omni Hotels CEO Jim Caldwell

Jim Caldwell

Pros
  • It's a far better working environment than found in Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, etc (in 8 reviews)

• Great company that practices its culture from the CEO all the way through the organization (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours during the holiday season, weekends, and the summer months (in 12 reviews)

• Work life balance is a challenge (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place, great people!

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSince the day I first started, I new I had become a part of a big family. Everyone is always willing to help you with what they can, no matter what department they are in. They also told me from the start that they promote career growth from within, and that is something that is very important to me. They offer great benefits. All in all, there is never a dull moment working for Omni!

ConsOne of the programs we use can get very slow when you're trying to get something done - and that can be quite frustrating! Other than that, I can't really think of anything negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing great, thanks for doing all you can to keep us happy! :)

It is a pleasure to work for the company.

ProsOmni loves to hire from within and take pride in training employees to excel.

ConsThe only con is that Omni need to be in more locations.

There's no place like home

Night Auditor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsOmni is phenomenal at taking candidates of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences and giving each person their best chance to excel. POWER OF ONE, allows even the newest hired of bellman or front desk agents to make decisive decisions regarding the hotels guests needs, using common sense and discretion without needing management approval. As in the world we live in, its better to make your own mistakes and attempt to fix them or learn how to fix them, than rely entirely on a superior to clean it up. Great at promoting from within, as i was several times during my time with Omni. They prepare associates from the start to be not just a team member, but a collection of leaders.

ConsAs guest tensions increase and tempers get hot, some employees find it more difficult to keep themselves or others around them cool and collected. It is important to keep associates content if not cordial in the working environment, and sometimes management turned a blind eye to associates needing resolution. Being that the guest comes first, its important to remember those who work well together, can provide better service for the guest. One coming into work with a happy attitude about who they work with, can drastically change the impressions left of numerous guests each day.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote from within and reward your associates on their performance. A company that goes out of its way for an associate hired a year ago, will maintain that associate longer than if hiring someone "interested in hospitality" with a minor degree. Power of One is unlike any perk provided within a company I have heard of, and is the first stone to a great construction- Independent and competent staff provide an efficient, smoother flow of company procedures.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

$12 an hour

Sales Administrative (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGREAT team players, benefits, open doors

Conssmall property, gossipy, but overall GREAT

Fun for a young person

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat locations across the country

ConsTypical corporate management guidelines but actual day to day depends on manager.

A great place to start

Management (Current Employee)

ProsOpen door policy from upper management

ConsInconsistencies in standard operating procedures

Great companyt for those that value stability and culture

Manager (Current Employee) Farmers Branch, TX

ProsVery stable company with a lot of growth opportunities (you may have to move locations, but the opportunities are out there). The culture is very strong and very employee centered.

ConsThe internally promoted associates receive the lowest pay rates. Pay should be in line with your position in the market and not a flat increase over your existing pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook again at the internal promotion salary guidelines and determine a more fair process for increases when receiving a promotion.

A "real hotel company", not a real estate or mgt company diguised as a hotel like some of the giant chains these days.

Human Resources Director (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThis company focuses on internal development. They are serious about promoting from within and their management trainee programs are "for real" not just a way to fill open positions. The company just went through a big growth spurt having recently acquired a number of large results. This is multiplying opportunities for advancement!

ConsThe company can be hard to get in to because there is such a focus on developing internal talent. And its pretty selective. But once your're in, its a pretty sweet place.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a breather this year - keep focusing on the basics and get the new properties fully "Omnized"! Keep up the focus on development. Millenials (and us all!) really love that.

Great place to work - excellent values & family feel

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) ChampionsGate, FL

ProsLove that they promote advancement from within. Excellent foundation of values. Very friendly coworkers and management that make me enjoy coming to work everyday. An overall gorgeous resort.

ConsThere are little things that go wrong or break down that prevent them from reaching their full potential. The employee cafeteria food is not on level with others in the industry. They also are at a point where there should raise salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to get little things that can be easily fixed get overlooked. The biggest of my few gripes.

Exceptional Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCulture, Culture, Culture. Such an amazing culture from the way people treat each other and work together, to the projects we all get to work on to the amazing food in our cafeteria to our beautiful properties that we get to sell and market everyday, it truly is a very special company and one I'm honored to work for. The people are smart and savvy. Everyday is a chance to be inspired and learn something new.

ConsLike many companies in growth, we move very fast. Always a good idea to ensure priorities are clear and expectations are set for what success looks like for each organization so no time or effort is lost on things that don't matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share the vision with everyone in the corporate office and at the properties so everyone can see the amazing direction we are all headed.

Worked for Omni Hotels? Contribute to the Community!