Omni Hotels

Updated February 27, 2015
3.7

Omni Hotels CEO Jim Caldwell
Jim Caldwell

Pros
  • Omni is a financially sound company with lots of opportunity for growth and relocation (in 8 reviews)

• Great company that practices its culture from the CEO all the way through the organization (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR ignore every issue and dont stand up for employees (in 14 reviews)

• Long hours - but that's to be expected in the hospitality industry (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Omni Homestead Hot Springs, Va

Current Employee - Cook I in Hot Springs, VA
    Current Employee - Cook I in Hot Springs, VA

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Available employee housing. Very reasonable employee meals in cafeteria. Great benefit packages, great hotel discounts.

A majority of employees are in a teamwork mindset and truly work together to assure customers are getting the best possible experience. Most are also willing to go above and beyond just to aide fellow associates.

The homestead is extremely rural so it's very nice and quiet, clean air and very beautiful natural areas surrounding the area.

Cons

Maintenance is a tad slow. Maybe it's the rural setting but repairs seem painstakingly slow to resolve.

Maybe a way to expedite concerns such as leaks. One concern is when they happen how are we drying out the areas?

More cleaning in the BOH passageways. However the tight constraints of time due to staff shortages would explain why.

It seems a fantastic positive attitude all around is infectious and when even the managing director comes through and helps expedite tickets and run food in the Jefferson and even bus tables and executive chef Greg Barnhill to run food and aid with expediting and even help sweep the line it's proof enough there is nothing beyond constraints of any position to do anything possible to assure pushing to exceed guest expectations.

Great Company. Smaller chain with great business model.

I worked at Omni Hotels

Pros

quality facilities, fair management, good 401k & benefits

Cons

usually need to move around to be promoted. many managers make less than the hourly employees when you break it down. Their management training program for college grads is essentially 30k per year to work 55-60 hour weeks.

assist with luggage

Current Employee - Bellmen in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Bellmen in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

great team with a great attitude

Cons

hard to get a set schedule

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

Wonderful staff, clear vision of goals, motivating

Cons

Sometimes changes are made that do not benefit everyone

A wonderful company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

Love my job and everything that comes with it. Love the people I work with. love all the benefits I have. good rates at other hotels in the company for me and my family. good pay as well

Cons

this is just for my Property. LMDR the upper management is not the best. we have a open door policy and they tell us to use it but when we try and do use the open door the door just gets slammed in our faces. even by the area GM!!!!!! it is so sad that this happens when this company is this good!!!!!!!!

Listen to your associates. yes you might be in charge of the hotel but we do most of all the work to run the hotel for you so just make us feel that you care. not just say that you do!!!

Mid size company

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

Very employee satisfaction or engagement driven

Cons

Some tools: computer system seems to be changing or upgrading constantly!

Orientation was wonderful that's where it ended

Former Employee - Housekeeping in ChampionsGate, FL
    Former Employee - Housekeeping in ChampionsGate, FL

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The HR team at Omni Championsgate were friendly, enthusiastic, and exhibited a clear passion in ensuring my success as one of the newest Omni Champs team members. For two solid days they oriented us in the mission and vision of Omni Hotels and how to think outside of the box in ensuring premium service and Guest satisfaction. Then...

Cons

All the goodwill and good intentions of the HR staff turned out to be just smoke and mirrors disguising much deeper issues. When I started my new position, I was introduced to a burned out, agressive, and complacent management team, and a hateful, surly trainer. This team consistently made me the butt of their jokes, were loud and agressive, and Guest requests were treated as annoying inconveniences. With over 10 years resort management experience, I was ashamed and deeply disappointed in their inappropriate behavior toward me and lack of care for their paying Guests. Unfortunately, due to my position, I was helpless to do anything about it.

Omni Hotels have a very clear mission statement and vision for their company. Senior Executives should a third party to objectively audit brand quality and sanitation standards on every level. Managers who refuse to support company standards should be dismissed. Using 1 old piece of used towel to clean an entire room from toilet to drinking glasses is disgusting and staff are not provided with PPE. Cross Contamination is obvious to Guests.

Good Company, but growing too fast

I worked at Omni Hotels

Pros

Good management programs and good internal promotability, hotel benefits

Cons

some hotels asre so buys that work/ life balance is not present, benefits are lakcing

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Server in Amelia Island, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Amelia Island, FL

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

Focused on being professionals but allow employees to joke around and have fun. Always hours and able to cross-utilize for extra hours. Fair and good at recognizing people for their accomplishments.

Cons

The consistency of managers can very sometimes. Which, can be frustrating. But, overall nothing awful comes to mind.

Keep a consistent management style. Always apply rules and disciplinary actions across the board. Not just when you're upset.

Great Company to work for

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great company to work for, great people, great benefits

Cons

none at this moment, i enjoy going to work every day. i like the people i work with.