Omni Hotels Reviews

Reset
3.6
Omni Hotels CEO Jim Caldwell
Jim Caldwell

Pros
  • Good opportunity for growth - a lot of people are able to transfer and/or be promoted to other areas or hotels (in 8 reviews)

• Great company that practices its culture from the CEO all the way through the organization (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is unapproachable and out of touch (in 14 reviews)

• long hours scheduling is the worst (in 13 reviews)

1. The Greatest workplace on earth.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at The Omni Hotel in Corpus Christie Texas. I had the most amazing experiences in my life. I had the best co-workers and Managers. Everyone had a common goal & everyone worked together to help achieve our goal of great customer service and a memorable stay for our guests.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of.any one thing I could call a minus.

Advice to Management

Keep being the dynamic team that you are. I loved being there. Now that I'm back home in California I keep al you have help me learn in the Housekeeping industry close at hand. I am forever Omni Brand .

2. Great Atmosphere to work at

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time

Pros

. A lot of respect among employees, hotel offers free food and possibly to make some cash bonuses

Cons

. Not all employees are treated the same. Less consideration for non-Amercian employees . Pay increase and reviews are never met on time. .

Advice to Management

Treat and show the same respect and consideration to all employees.

3. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I worked at Omni Hotels (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Managers and fellow staff

Cons

Limited room for growth from my position

5. Great Employer

I have been working at Omni Hotels part-time

Pros

Great scheduling and lots of different types of people to interact with.

Cons

Can be boring at times when business is slow.

6. Engineering Dept

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time

Pros

Steady work, lots of variety. Good co-workers. Very inexpensive meals in the cafeteria. Open to new ideas and processes to help you do your job. Decent benefits, health ins. is expensive like everywhere else. 2 weeks vac after one year. Uniforms provided. They will work with you to accomodate reasonable scheduling requests.

Cons

Management is a little detached from day-to-day activities. Procurement of supplies/tools seems to take forever as it goes up the chain of management. Pay is on the low side even as the company is proud of how much money it makes. Bonuses or other incentives would be nice. There are metrics and dept goals but no real incentives other than your own desire to do a great job. A pat on the back is nice but it doesn't pay the bills.

7. Cast

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love to promote from within

Cons

Becoming a more corporate culture

8. Guest Services

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful work setting. Employee discounts in restaurants and shops.

Cons

Do not even pay a living wage. Long hours with little or no personal life and very demanding.

Advice to Management

Don't always discount people over 40. There are many employees with years of experience and wisdom that are ignored because of their age.

9. Enjoyable Experience for Summer

Pros

Enjoyable work place that is customer oriented and cares about employees. Great coworkers make a difference in experience

Cons

Long hours when in season, out of season limited hours available

10. Decent college job

Pros

Meet a lots of people and get paid what you're worth. (personality, etc). Flexible hours and easy to work with the team. The Guest Services manager position is a rough one, in my 2 years at Omni i had 4 managers.

Cons

You're the errand boy for multiple departments, its really not that big of a deal depending on what kind of employee you are but, this takes you away from guests usually and that mean less tip money.

Advice to Management

none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none

The Omni was O.K.

Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and job opportunities. Good room discount at participating properties.

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance for middle management. They'll work the tread right off of ya!

Advice to Management

Invest in your older properties and stop putting band-aides on your PMS Systems. You rely solely on your employees and react slowly to new innovation in the industry. The bigger problem with the Omni Concept is that the owner sees it as a hobby and a cash cow. Unlike J.W. Marriott or Conrad Hilton, those guys were hoteliers. They lived and breathed the business. It was nothing to them to show up at one of there properties unannounced. As a matter of fact the only positive from a mid-management level is that you would know when corporate was coming!

RSS Feed </> Embed