Omni Hotels

Omni Hotels Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Omni Hotels CEO Jim Caldwell

Jim Caldwell

Pros:
  • "Great Staff, focus on customer service, and focus on work life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good benefits/perks from hotel discounts to free golf and the general insurance/benefits as well"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours during the holiday season, weekends, and the summer months"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Upper management did not communicate well with lower level employees"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time for more than a year

ProsCompetitive salary and benefits, opportunities for growth

ConsI was happy overall with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great Company to work for

Director of Front Office Operations (Former Employee)

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStrong core values. Steady Salary.

ConsPay is less than competitors, but very stable.

Meaningful work in a great culture.

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA company that walks the talk. Opportunities for growth, and a diverse workforce. The guest, owner and associate are equally important. Lots of programs in place to recognize and develop the associates. The objectives are clear and the rules are simple.

ConsWork life balance is a challenge. Hospitality is a demanding industry and I am not sure there is answer for the issue. You have to have a passion for the industry or you will be miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really.

Wonderful people who value hard work

Guest Service Agent (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels part-time for more than a year

Pros-team members are like family
-no matter what position you have, you are valued
-raises are available often, if you work hard
-promotions are common

Consn/a I can't think of a negative thing to say about my time there.

Working for Omni has and continues to be an exceptional experience.

Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpportunity for personal and professional growth, networking, the people who work here are like family, the exceptional customer service, people take pride in their jobs, opportunity to move around the country, never a dull moment in the hospitality business.

Conspeople are always moving around and up in the company - can be a Pro AND a Con.

Advice to Senior Managementremain positive-

Great Company, Beautiful Resort & Spa, Amazing Location

SPA (Current Employee)

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time for less than a year

ProsOmni's service culture represents the guest, the owner and the associate all equally making it a very desirable company to work for in the Hospitality industry. Management is very supportive and ensures all tools are provided to associates for success in their roles. I personally love the associate recognition program, Omni Service Champion for the fact that peers can nominate peers for great moments of service. We are very excited about recently becoming part of the Omni family!

ConsNone that I can think of

Lovely company to work for.

SPA Therapist (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Omni Hotels part-time for less than a year

ProsHotel stay discounts, company is very focused on the guest experience... empowers employees to make it right for each guest.

ConsNot a lot of cons in the spa. In my experience, there is not much room for growth unless you are already in management. I've had issues that go unaddressed for months.

Spanish elegance and bespoke luxury bound together in a desert oasis at Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale, Arizona

Director (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time for less than a year

ProsEach and every team member has an Esprit de Corps... their passion to serve is second to none. The internal culture is not only rewarding but genuine and friendly! I feel extremely fortunate to be at the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia.

ConsMy commute is longer than I would like coming from Ahwatukee. The resort is centrally located in the Phoenix Metro Area tucked behind Camelback Mountain. Therefore, unless coming from the Biltmore area your drive may be about 20-25 minutes from most directions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire team "gets it" - from the top down there is an incredible sense of pride, loyalty, enthusiasm, and devotion to each other. What a refreshing and powerful feeling it gives me every day...

Under new management and ownership, the Omni Scottsdale is an excellent place to work and develop your career.

Talent (Former Employee)
Paradise Valley, AZ

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat working environment, management respects associates, the pay is very competitive with even the larger resorts and hotels in the area, they are culturally focused on great service, and reward you for it. They have a lot of fun and the place is very friendly

ConsThe resort has had three different owners and two previous management companies including IHG and KSL Resorts. Hopefully with stability under Omni Hotels an Resorts, the resort will finally become the iconic property it was designed to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue developing and improving your team and this resort will be just fine.

Human Resource Manager

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time

ProsOmni Hotels is a great company. The growth of the company over the last year creates incredible opportunities for your personal advancement.

ConsThe benefit programs are a little pricey however the company does subside a portion of the cost to keep it affordable to associates.

Worked for Omni Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omni Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Omni Hotels CEO Jim Caldwell. All 109 reviews posted anonymously by Omni Hotels employees.