OmniTI

www.omniti.com

OmniTI Reviews

4.0

Theo Schlossnagle

Has its heart in the right place

I have been working at OmniTI full-time

Pros

If you love your line of work, and it coincides with the work done at OmniTI, then it is the best place for you to spend 8 hours a day. Challenging, dynamic, yet understanding and fun. Flat management, good managers, and supportive colleagues. The best thing is they really want you to grow as a professional, and push you to gain skills and experiences even if they don't benefit the company directly. This is a rare thing to see in corporate culture.

Cons

Sometimes workload can get bit much, but its kind of expected in IT

Keep up the good work!

It was OK but not great.

I worked at OmniTI full-time

Pros

free beer. it's better than working for the government or a defense contractor. the staff are mostly good.

Cons

mostly boring work. their payscales do not keep up with industry averages; this is particularly evident in the NYC office but the DC-area office also suffers from this.

Experts at all they do, and a delight to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at OmniTI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Expertise in every field. The company is composed of people who are at the head of their various fields. I learned something every day I worked there.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. I left only because I got a better offer. I have no complaints about my time there.

Good place to sharpen skills

Former Employee - Web Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Web Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at OmniTI

Pros

Although most of time is spent doing grunt software work on content management for sites, there is also good opportunity or personal development on othe projects if one shows the initiative and interest.

Cons

can get quite commercial, boring, and seem like remedial software work, requiring little brain power but lots of time, some times even overtime (without pay ofcourse)

offer salary raises, or hire more people to cut down on workload on employees

A good place for the right person, but painful for some

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at OmniTI

Pros

If you fit within the corporate culture, which is one where action and initiative is prized, you will do well at OmniTI. You will be granted a large allowance to exercise your own judgement.

Cons

The downside to the corporate culture is an occasional lack of accountability and the shoot from the hip style means those more interested in planning or careful consideration might not be satisified.

There's a definite sense of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" there, much at client insistence. Those that seem to have a hard time understanding that sometimes pigs look good in lipstick will have a hard time.

Those with less initiative or experience might feel like they are lacking guidance by the uneven management.

Management does a fairly good job at hiring people that will fit well in the environment and is willing to accomodate those who get noisy about their complaints if another position can be found, though sometimes the hints have to be pretty persistent. With the other branch, there is now an outlet for those that do things in a different way, so they seem to be doing well.

You'll learn more here than most jobs combined

Current Employee - Web Developer
    Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at OmniTI full-time

Pros

You'll learn a lot from your co-workers, work in a casual environment, get exposure to different technologies, be eligible for good benefits

Cons

It depends on your manager, but may not always get timely feedback on how you're doing. But all of the managers are very technical, so they at least "get it" in that sense.