Omnicare

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.5

Nitin Sahney

Pros
  • The pay is decent, and the health benefits are good (in 7 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are pretty good compared to retail (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement, unless you want to stay 15 years at low pay (in 7 reviews)

• Bad management, low pay, lots of favoritism, demands overtime and unprofessional environment (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Don't get trapped working here. (King of Prussia )

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of overtime, nothing else

Cons

Low pay, no room for advancement, company, lot of work for low pay, management/supervisor are unprofessional, company do not care about their employees, you can work your a** out but don't get no appreciation, only earn up to 1% yearly raise

The tail wags the dog

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work the shift I want. The company is national, so there's the potential to transfer to almost any location.

Cons

Passive management - they wait for squeaky wheels to complain and then accommodate the tattle-tales without consulting the accused for factual content. * Communication is a joke. * I have worked at three different locations and they all have crippling personnel conflict. * Managers allowed technicians to harass others without corrective measures being used. * I was bullied by my supervisor for my pointing out the unfair treatment I received. * This company actually decreased wages of its employees for a couple years and provided no raises during this time. * The review process is very subjective, and the raise is locked by corporate (according to my manager) and fails to compete with cost of living increases. * The workload is too great for the diminutive staff at the locations I've worked. There has been a recent decrease in employees and very little is being done to actually fix the problem. Some temps were brought in, but the temp assistance is a poor bandage-job of finding capable, full time employees. * Lower level employees are faceless numbers to upper management and are treated like disposable utensils. * The human resources person is available at my work location once a week, and when he is there he avoids most of the people. * Management's method is pass the buck and throw everyone under the bus. Since management uses these tools, most of the technicians I work with follow suit and aggressively enforce this henpecking attitude. * I wish I could give negative stars for my rating. * Every day I go in to work at Omnicare, I fear I will be fired for someone else tattling on me just because they don't like me. * I was written up for keeping notes about the various ways my supervisor was harassing me and treating people subjectively. Though I was the one written up, this actually got some people off my back. I didn't just write notes, I repeatedly reported these entries to H.R. which chose to not do anything about it.

Communicate with us: this means listening and following up with employee concerns. Don't play favorites. If you say our raise will be defined by our performance, then be fair and compensate us for our successes rather than blaming corporate for such low raises.

lack of leadership and lack of training efforts

Former Employee - Biller in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Biller in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Omnicare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

it is a job to get paid every two weeks and health and dental benefits are okay easy to get overtime

Cons

managers are uneducated and are regionally biased dirty environment stuck in one positon employees are not taken seriously

enforce management to get at least an associates degree in business pharmacy associates need to be certified

Walking in the doors is like running against the wind

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits start right away, and vacation time starts accumulating right away. I heard the benefits are good, but I haven't used them yet.

Cons

I will try to be nice, so that my review won't get deleted. 1.) I get paid salary (some other pharmacists at my site are paid hourly) and we spend most of our workdays staying late 2.) We lose excellent staff members and they aren't given any incentives to stay, and they aren't replaced. 3.) Being on call guarantees you at least 6 calls per night, you WILL get woken up (possibly more than once), and you WILL have to explain to at least 1 person why you cannot give an e-box code for a controlled substance for a resident who has no prescription. I've been doing it for 6 months, I don't know how the other pharmacists have been doing it for over 2 years. 4.) Management says that certain improvements are going to happen, and then the next day they aren't. 5.) We have excellent technicians and I have NEVER heard management tell them that they are doing a good job.

Please listen to your staff and take their suggestions away with you. See if you can do something. If they are doing a good job, say so!

could be better

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in New Lisbon, NJ
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in New Lisbon, NJ

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

fairly good hours, no weekends

Cons

too many to describe, poor pay,poor benefits,poor management.

treat employees fairly, give decent raises, benefits, better retirement plan,$10 for christmas lunch
    is an insult.

Terrible, Terrible...

Current Employee - Data Entry Technician in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Data Entry Technician in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

I can't really describe anything good about this company.

Cons

Management is a bunch of liars. We never know what's going on, and things are constantly changing because they can't keep to their word about ANYTHING. MOST of the people who work here are only here for a paycheck and could care less about the poor people in the nursing homes that we're here to service. We are never appraised about anything - we are only told of the things that we can improve on or the things we've done wrong. Management thinks we're stupid, but most of us are SMARTER than them!!

I have no advice for them.

DO NOT WORK THERE! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

the worker bees, the people that actually do the work, are pretty cool and easy to work with.

Cons

management is screwed up! Tell us we are there to make them look good, but they do NOT have our back on anything. They will screw you over in front of a client! There have been no reviews and no salary increases in more than 2 years. No "thank you's" or anything when they ask(make) you work over the weekend. You get railed if you make a mistake but never, ever, any praise if you do something well. Most of management and most of the employees have never worked at another CRO so they don't know that the way they do things is soooo backwards. They are writing their SOPs as they go because nothing is in place and no one has taken or had the time to do it. It will eventually fold I'm sure. One person is trying to run the whole thing and they don't have enough experience to know enough, or to know when to ask for help. Extremely NARCISSISTIC!

Listen to the employees and replace senior management. Things will not get any better until you do that.

DO NOT WORK HERE.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

The people that I work with are as a whole amazing. Each person I've interacted with on a regular basis has shown not only the charisma, but also the eagerness to teach you something you did not know before. They are a very fun group of people and I feel bonded to many of them.
    Another pro is the dress code. While in the call-center I don't see why we can't wear whatever we want (within reason), we are allowed business casual attire which makes things more relaxed.

Cons

There is too much to even type here. First of all the entire place is run by a group of people who either have no idea what we do all day long, or realize what we do and just don't care. We are treated like children, constantly being blamed for things when in actually its thier own ineptitude that creates the problems we face. They reward so called "brown-nosers" and praise those who keep thier mouths shut and play thier game. Anyone who speaks thier minds is labelled trouble. Over the past year it has transitioned from a place of pride and enjoyment to work to something that I dredd every day I have to go in. Whenever they don't get what they want from us they either threaten us with a very carefully worded and cleverly disguised threatening email, or they try to dangle insignificant "prizes" in front of us like we are a trained pet doing tricks for snacks. The biggest complaint I would have is the fact that they allow people to do the same task all day long with no variation which leads to mental exhaustion and low company morale. The people who do get to have some variation through thier day via different tasks are the favorites. The department previously mentioned who is in full control of who does what on a 15-minute interval, plays favorites and instead of giving everyone a chance to break up the monotony of thier day, they play with us like puppets on a string.

Start paying attention more to the level of discourse among the people who actually perform the daily activities that keep the business alive. We would be a much more productive and motivated group of individuals if you actually cared or acted on how we feel. We are all miserable due to these awful changes instituted over the past year yet no one wants to admit it was a mistake and fix what needs to be fixed.