Omnicare

Updated March 4, 2015
Updated March 4, 2015
2.5

Nitin Sahney

Pros
  • The pay is decent, and the health benefits are good (in 7 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are pretty good compared to retail (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement, unless you want to stay 15 years at low pay (in 7 reviews)

• Bad management, low pay, lots of favoritism, demands overtime and unprofessional environment (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Professional

Former Contractor - Pharmacist in Chestnut Ridge, NY
    Former Contractor - Pharmacist in Chestnut Ridge, NY

I worked at Omnicare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Room to grow and learn as a pharmacist. Many helpful and experienced pharmacists who have been there for a very long time. Tells you a lot about the atmosphere when most of the pharmacist there have been there for many years. Very understanding supervisors. Knowledgeable co-workers. there is a team like attitude where its all about the team and getting things done.

Cons

Very fast paced, so you really learn as you go. It can be overwhelming at first. A lot of information to manage and learn at once, and if short staffed you may be stuck doing repetitive work.

Culture of outsourcing

Current Employee - Corporate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people are nice to work with. Office is central to most.

Cons

Senior Management has bred an atmosphere of distrust and nepotism. Employees are leaving faster than they can hire. Layoffs due to outsourcing.

If you can't be "transparent" then please stop trying. Your emoyees are more intelligent than you give credit.

Didn't think I would love working here as much as I do! Large company with structure, but still gives personal attention

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

Switching to working for Omnicare after working for 10 years for a family-owned long-term care pharmacy, I didn't know what to expect. I thought it would be like working for a company where you are just an employee number and every employee is disposable. I was totally wrong. I was given extensive training - 2 weeks with a manager, and then 6 weeks on the day shift so that I was completely comfortable before moving to my evening shift. I received constant encouragement from my supervisors about the good job I was doing, I even received an email from the general manager of the building saying that he noticed how good I was doing and to keep it up! I don't think that I ever got this kind of recognition at my old job in the family owned business. I love how there is a specific way to do things and there is constant change - if there is a better way of doing things it gets implemented! Overall: Fantastic hours, competitive pay, great PTO policy, amazing co-workers and supervisors/bosses, better-than-average benefits that don't cost a ton, a GREAT job. I foresee staying here for a very long time!

Cons

I'm sure there is something, but I honestly cannot think of any! I hear that the raises aren't that fantastic, but honestly that isn't surprising with a national company.

Better raises for employees

Hands down beat job Ever!

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

Sometimes hours are tough to find with what is preferable, but Supervisorsmall are always willing to help out.

Cons

None. There rwally none.

Pay is better than retail but less than other long term care facilities

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Can always work overtime when needed

Cons

No room for advancement. Thrown into the work on first day with no training what so ever.

Don't just hire anybody to be a manager

it was ok

Former Employee - Therapist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Therapist in New York, NY

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

I really liked the flexibility

Cons

Need more communication from management

none

Omnicare is a long term care pharmacy that is located in over 45 states and services skilled and ALF facilities.

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

great place to work at friendly people, fast pace, flexible hours 3 shifts 7 days a week able to find a shift that fits your needs.

Cons

no room for promotion or moving up. lack of training. you would expect better benefits being a pharmacy but between premiums, co pays and deductibles it's an arm and a leg.

Omnicare employee for 13 years

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

dependable and fast paced work flow, competitive salary, good benefits

Cons

office culture is very intimidating, no professional incentives (including bonuses-my Christmas gift if given one has been a 10$ gift card), difficulty training environment due to fast paced nature, Company focuses on increased business growth instead of working on improving employee relations. Definite lack of work/life balance.

Encourage employee morale, point system for hourly employees decreases moral and doesn't allow for family emergencies when scheduled, paid CE for staff pharmacist (Consultant pharmacist have more opportunities)
    Employee incentives and recognition

Tough.

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

a job
    Possible room to grow into management

Cons

Always understaffed. No appreciation. Stressful. Joke. Disheartening.

Pay technicians better. Show some type of appreciation for employees. Improve benefits. Less metrics.

Positive surface, negative underneath

Current Contractor - Pharmacy Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Contractor - Pharmacy Technician in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Omnicare as a contractor

Pros

As a contractor, you are welcomed and thanked for supporting. Easy to learn, great closed door facility with no need for a uniform.

Cons

Management and corporate seem to make decisions and expect the employees to be okay with decisions. Employees are constantly and passive aggressively complaining about management, instead of actually taking a stand to get things adjusted or at least understood.

Listen to your employees and work with them for either side to understand work related situations. .