Omnicare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Omnicare CEO John L. Workman

John L. Workman

Pros:
  • "Pay and benefits are pretty good compared to retail"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Always busy with more than enough work to do, closed door pharmacy, mostly great co-workers"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Poor management, Policies not enforced, rotating and strange shift hours"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Very little support from upper management"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent company to work for if having the right Managers. The work force I am with is great.

Maintenance/Delivery (Current Employee)
    Abingdon, VA

ProsI love working different hours from time to time. Also get to work different areas.

ConsBeing on call 24/7 can get to be rough at times but the job is worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent Management.

Decent place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou learn a lot and can be involved with different departments.

Consneeds to be more organized.

Omnicare has provided me with a great career path with endless opportunities.

Audit Services Senior (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe people i get to work with everyday make the experience at Omnicare so unique. My mentors have provided me the tools to suceed and have taught me so much in my time here. From the managers to the director and Chief Audit Officer, they have all been such an asset to the winning culture at Omnicare and I look forward to working with them in the future.

ConsTraining can be limited and HR needs an upgrade, but under the new leadership it is improving and i am confident that it will become a better place to work in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and making the changes to improve the culture.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

Pros- Opportunity to work with great people
    - Training opportunities available
    - Recognized for hard work
    - Competitive pay
    - Advancement opportunitites

Cons- Aging technology
    - Small number of vacation days

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're on the right track and we just need to keep our momentum.

Great place to create positive change in a company in the healthcare industry.

ProsOpportunity for career growth and development, challenging work environment without being overwhelming, rewarded for good performance.

ConsThe benefits are just standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutives should have more informal and frequent communication with employees to discuss decision making and vision/strategy; need more transparency.

Overcoming the past issues, looking to the future

Cincinnati, OH

ProsNew management regime showing more interest in employee morale and building a better culture, providing feedback opportunities through employee surveys to learn what is important to employees, fair compensation and benefits, company changing course from grow through acquistion and realizing that they need to take care of their own house first. Work-life balance improved from previous employment and good team to work with.

ConsTraining and tools provided to pharmacy employees need to be improved, training programs should be formalized and consistent instead of relying only upon on the job training, previous senior management left sour taste for employees that will need to be overcome to gain trust of longtime employees, scared to speak up bc it was frowned upon in the past. Mgmt needs to listen to pharmacies and not make decisions merely in the corporate silo.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to step out of the ivory tower by visiting the pharmacy locations, improve corporate communications to the pharmacies, provide positive reinforcement not just negative criticism and displaying greater compassion for your employees on the front lines

Great career change and learned a lot about pharmaciy operations

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsPay and benefits are a little lite

Solid Company, Lots of Opportunity

Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsCompetitive, solid financials, ethical management, hard work is rewarded, compensation is fair. The new CEO, Nitin Sahney, has been meeting with employees, it seem very unscripted and it's refreshing. I think the company has a bright future and I'm excited to be part of it.

ConsLong hours, demanding schedules, benefits could be better and at times management could communicate better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent, tell us what's happening, use the culture survey results to actually address known issues.

Meh.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    Canoga Park, CA

ProsEasy work & No direct customer interaction.

ConsBad management, low pay, lots of favoritism, demands overtime and unprofessional environment.

Not what I envisioned - staffing is a huge problem.

Pharmacist (Current Employee)

ProsPay is good, but this is my first job at this level. Benefits aren't bad.
    My techs are the best I've ever worked with.

ConsEvery time something changes, it seems like we lose at our branch. We lost additional compensation for being on-call and having to come into work on nights/weekends. A week of on-call can be 90+ hours, and they want us to do more for free. Company promotes itself as employee-oriented, but they do not follow through in the least.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to (and LISTEN to) your staff at each location, not just those running the show at the hub pharmacy. Involve the people in decisions that affect them directly.
    BE OPEN AND HONEST - there is a significant need to improve communications that should be front and center in all Management's mind.

Worked for Omnicare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnicare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Omnicare CEO John L. Workman. All 148 reviews posted anonymously by Omnicare employees.