Omnicare Reviews

1. Pharmacist

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling with other RPhs
    Benefits are okay

Cons

Extremely negative environment. Executive management sets management up below them to fail. Very hostile environment. Favoritism shown to certain individuals. "My way or the highway" approach to management. No respect for any employees. Different policies followed for individuals. A lot of finger pointing. Absolutely no training for any staff.

Advice to Management

Start over!

2. An Unfair Employer

I worked at Omnicare full-time

Pros

The company had excellent benefits.

Cons

Nitin Sahney is a paranoid man. He explicitly prohibits all recording devices in his meetings because he has the mouth of a 20th century women's suffrage detractor. All phones must be placed on the meeting table in plain sight of him, so that he knows you are not recording, and god help you if you get a phone call. He said that no women will ever reach the upper echelons of the company (i.e. CFO, CIO, etc.) while he leads the company. Basically, he's a bad person and the EEOC needs to run an audit on him.

Advice to Management

Replace Nitin Sahney

3. A career guaranteed to end in despair and depression

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Omnicare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many pros unless you count a paycheck and benefits. The management style hasn't changed much from the early days of Omnicare. It's still run by managers who filter and obscure everything to keep bad news from getting to the top. When bad news does get to the top usually someone pays with their job or reputation. Oh it's a real scene...motivation by fear and condescension is how they still do things at Omnicare!

Cons

Horrible client service and arrogant management will keep this company in the dark ages. Their strategy is to do just enough to fix this claptrap company, sell it to a financial buyer, and cash out their millions in equity grants. Meanwhile the poor unsuspecting people working the front lines and interfacing with clients have to make excuses and empty promises about a "new" Omnicare!

Advice to Management

Cut the bull and hire a management team who aren't a bunch of 'yes men' trying to protect their hides all the time. This company could become so much more if the morale were better and management had the best interests of their customers. But alas, senior management has by their own admission said on repeated occasion that they serve at the pleasure of the shareholders. So what's that tell you?! If it's a career your looking at Omnicare then forget it. If you're looking to brown nose your boss and tell him how great everything is while looking over your back every day then this may be the place for you!

Pharmacy Triage Technician

Former Employee - Pharmacy Triage Technician in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Triage Technician in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at Omnicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience. Great for someone fresh out of school. Shifts go by quickly, it is a fast paced environment . Overtime is usually easy to obtain as this location is always short staffed. Free coffee

Cons

Poor Management. Lower than average wages. Point system. Very little flexibility company can change your schedule at any time per company needs. High staff turn over rate

6. Very Professional

Former Contractor - Pharmacist in Chestnut Ridge, NY
    Former Contractor - Pharmacist in Chestnut Ridge, NY

I worked at Omnicare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Room to grow and learn as a pharmacist. Many helpful and experienced pharmacists who have been there for a very long time. Tells you a lot about the atmosphere when most of the pharmacist there have been there for many years. Very understanding supervisors. Knowledgeable co-workers. there is a team like attitude where its all about the team and getting things done.

Cons

Very fast paced, so you really learn as you go. It can be overwhelming at first. A lot of information to manage and learn at once, and if short staffed you may be stuck doing repetitive work.

7. Everyone hates it here

Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

you get a paycheck, and good benefits

Cons

it is crazy and hectic all the time. no one cares about the patients, no flexibility, managers are terrible with communication, and there is a crazy high turn over rate! avoid this place like the plague!

Advice to Management

quit with the bull and step up and get things done

Avoid if possible. Corporate pharmacy is an uncaring environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

Co-workers pleasant for the most part. Good company benefits

Cons

Management is oblivious to problems. Serious issues go unaddressed, including employee conflicts and good people leave. Company is more focused on making money than improving patient care. Tons of medication errors, wrong drugs, late deliveries. Corporate doesn't allow for sufficient stock of meds so patients often miss crucial doses due to backorders. Borrowing meds from other spokes or hubs is common place, creating productivity issues. Speaking of productivity, it sucks at Omnicare. They use old, slow technology. Pharmacists and techs are often overworked in multiple positions because corporate won't allow additional budget for new employees even though they keep adding facilities. Very little chance of advancement. No raises or recognition for taking on double the work and suceeding at it.

Advice to Management

Re-focus on quality patient care instead of the almighty dollar.

NO Ethic's HIPPA LAWS

Current Employee - Exempt Non Officer
    Current Employee - Exempt Non Officer

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Regular emplyees work together and motivate each other it's easy to get hired they need people.

Cons

Trainings you learn as ago pretty much non managers do not know how to correctly process work.The manangers speak very poorley of one another this not a professional place Ethics are non extenct. You go to manger regarding health issues you better believe whole department well know. They call each other names and the people who work under them I have never worked under so much unprofessionals befor in my life.

Advice to Management

Work together there is no I in team educate and train your employess correctly stop bashing one another work together learn good ethics and HIPPA Laws.

Culture of outsourcing

Current Employee - Corporate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people are nice to work with. Office is central to most.

Cons

Senior Management has bred an atmosphere of distrust and nepotism. Employees are leaving faster than they can hire. Layoffs due to outsourcing.

Advice to Management

If you can't be "transparent" then please stop trying. Your emoyees are more intelligent than you give credit.

Didn't think I would love working here as much as I do! Large company with structure, but still gives personal attention

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

Switching to working for Omnicare after working for 10 years for a family-owned long-term care pharmacy, I didn't know what to expect. I thought it would be like working for a company where you are just an employee number and every employee is disposable. I was totally wrong. I was given extensive training - 2 weeks with a manager, and then 6 weeks on the day shift so that I was completely comfortable before moving to my evening shift. I received constant encouragement from my supervisors about the good job I was doing, I even received an email from the general manager of the building saying that he noticed how good I was doing and to keep it up! I don't think that I ever got this kind of recognition at my old job in the family owned business. I love how there is a specific way to do things and there is constant change - if there is a better way of doing things it gets implemented! Overall: Fantastic hours, competitive pay, great PTO policy, amazing co-workers and supervisors/bosses, better-than-average benefits that don't cost a ton, a GREAT job. I foresee staying here for a very long time!

Cons

I'm sure there is something, but I honestly cannot think of any! I hear that the raises aren't that fantastic, but honestly that isn't surprising with a national company.

Advice to Management

Better raises for employees