Omnicare

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
2.5

Nitin Sahney

Pros
  • The pay is decent, and the health benefits are good (in 7 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are pretty good compared to retail (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement, unless you want to stay 15 years at low pay (in 7 reviews)

• Bad management, low pay, lots of favoritism, demands overtime and unprofessional environment (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Unfriendly

Current Employee - Warehouse in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Only pro is insurance is after 30 days

Cons

no home life unknown hours.
    Unfriendly environment
    Unorganized company
    No hr support

Very disappointing place to work

Current Employee - Order Entry in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Order Entry in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money, good insurance benefits, the pharmacists are friendly and helpful

Cons

Very poor training, No encouragement from supervisor, Poor management, no room for advancement, poor attitudes of co-workers - Worst supervisor I have ever had - no consistency with hours, very poor communication, no breaks, co-workers tattle on each other because supervisor never takes the time to find out what is really going on. Supervisor favors only long term employees. Supervisor is unprofessional - Only criticizes and doesn't help to correct the problem. When hired I was told that there was an open door policy, but I have found out that this only applies to the long-term employees and not new hires. I only get criticized and cut down for getting something wrong when they never even showed me how to do it right in the first place, and then they don't even show you how to correct it!! This job was not at all what I was expecting. I was very excited when I was first hired, and 3 months later, I am totally stressed out and having trouble just getting up to go to work because I hate it so much!!

The training is virtually non existent!!!!! There is no training manual or training materials of any kind. The computer system is extremely cumbersome, and you basically learn as you go through other staff. It is s very busy place, but in order for success, you HAVE to take time to train your employees correctly and thoroughly! Encourage your employees for the good things that they do and not always focus on the negative.

Do not trust HR Managers at Omnicare

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Omnicare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Had a excellent working relationship with peers and managers at OCR-CIC. Had a very great learning experience in a rapidly changing world of Clinical Interventions to better serve patients that Omnicare caters to. Salary and work culture at the sub-unit level is good.

Cons

Never Trust Omnicare HR Managers - If you are promised something by HR dept. ALWAYS get it in writing. Be wary of the "Secret Society" culture at almost every Omnicare business sub-units... To survive at Omnicare, You must quickly identify members of this society and brown-nose your way to acceptability otherwise you would be neglected and eventually be pushed out of the door. Your Talent, Hard work and Integrity is upto the "Secret Society" to decide!! A Old-school bureaucratic culture at OCR sub-unit level, if you are local you have a better chance of survival.

The constant change of Senior management has done little to change or improve the old bureaucratic work culture rampant at all levels of Omnicare. Hopefully Niting Sawhney - the new CEO will try to bring a change in the poor work culture of this company, the company with a good vision.

Company misguided by corporate greed and power seeking leaders

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with some great, talented, and professional employees

Cons

Morale
    Training
    Very little, if any, room to advance
    Managers who do not know how to Manage
    Disorganization
    Turn over

Too many changes all at once. You expect Managers, who never worked in HR a day in their lives, to pick up the role of HR, as well as running a Pharmacy and dealing with customers, schedules, employees, etc, and expect it to function. Whats left of HR is just a dysfunctional call center opening up Omnicare to great future liabilities. Your corporate leaders are great speakers, unfortunately they are out of touch with what the individual needs are of a pharmacy. Modern text book HR methods do not work for this industry and will prove to be costly in the future.

I liked the work I did, but didn't like how I was managed

Former Employee - Clinical Intervention Tech in West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Intervention Tech in West Chester, OH

I worked at Omnicare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, the work itself is challenging and interesting, received merit increases pretty quickly

Cons

After working for two different departments in Omnicare I noticed that they were managed like two totally different companies. My first manager was very hands off and let the department sink, but my second manager was a control freak that micromanaged every aspect of everyone's day. The attendance policy is awful and unforgiving and encourages turn over. Tried to get a medical exception for sudden health problems and it took four months to get approved. Had to schedule tests and procedures around work.

Employees aren't robots and can't be managed off "data". Just because one person can do 15 claims one hour during one day doesn't mean everyone can average that all the time.

Stay away!

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting a pay check every two weeks

Cons

poor leadership/management, hostile work environment, poor services.

A great place to work, with little pay and a lot to do.

Former Employee - IV/Infusion Pharmacy Technician in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - IV/Infusion Pharmacy Technician in Sanford, FL

I worked at Omnicare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

To gain experience in pharmacy IV.

Cons

Be ready to work hard with less pay.

Consider the team works hard, fight for the correct pay for IV technician.

Great experience, very nice people, and good environment.

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

People are very nice and always willing to help.

Cons

Not enough time to train because the person I was filling in for went on medical leave in 4 days.

Excellent company to work for if having the right Managers. The work force I am with is great.

Current Employee - Maintenance/Delivery in Abingdon, VA
    Current Employee - Maintenance/Delivery in Abingdon, VA

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working different hours from time to time. Also get to work different areas.

Cons

Being on call 24/7 can get to be rough at times but the job is worth it.

Excellent Management.

Hell on earth in minnesota

Current Employee - Pharm Tech in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Current Employee - Pharm Tech in Brooklyn Center, MN

I have been working at Omnicare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like working with the pharmacists a lot of great coworkers I felt like I was helping out the elderly community to fill prescriptions right and get del. Out timely.

Cons

Management never worked in a long-term care pharmacy no clue how to manage went to some stupid rotating shift schedule no home life for people and they wonder why people are quitting at least one person a week

Grow some back bones and get rid of staff who don't work and go by people's seniority for shift scheduling you have a lot of knowledgeable people at this location. Communication is void here and so is morale management is not respected here by anyone