Omnicell

Be The First To
Add Photos

Omnicell Chairman, President, and CEO Randall A. Lipps

Randall A. Lipps

Small and fast pace where you can have multiple hats and roles at the same time

R&D (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly and multicultural environment. HR does a great job with employee functions especially during Christmas and New Year holiday seasons.

ConsMany of the employees have been established for 10+ years which can leave little room for newer employees to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Marketing -- Mountain View

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsReally smart and dedicated people -- great technology.

ConsCompensation could be more competitive.

a company with a lot of potential that promotes employee education and strive to get better

Prosa trully progressive world class company constantly pursuing excellence , a leader and innovator in medication software solutions with great potential to be a true leader in healthcare

Consprocesses are too convoluted at times lacking management identity and direcction,

Advice to Senior Managementstreamline processes and give middle managers more authority to create, implement and lead their teams.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People, Nice Environment!

Marketing (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe people are professional, friendly and good at what they do.

Great location - right near Google, public transportation, free street parking, adjacent to walking/cycling trails.

Good junior level oppportunities to get into company, develop additional skills and grow.

ConsBenefits are not as competitive as they were, and in relation to others in the industry.

Too political in terms of work relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnhance the benefit package to meet competitor's levels.

Not a bad company, Management tends to bog down the employees.

Field Ops (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRapidly growing customer base. Majority of employees are very qualified, smart, and go beyond the call for their customers.

ConsDifficult for upper Management to keep up with the pace with growth, thus making it difficult for other employees. Hard to find time to take off, due to backup issues and they always ask for more. Sometimes very overwhelming when you add in hours of travel to customer accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the people who are in front of the customer representing the company many times a day. When the front line asks for something, they need it and need it now. I recommend quick response, and follow-up for the sake of the company and customer. Upper management seem like cheerleaders instead of managers and only care about making the sale.

Ok company to work for with great potential for growth. Company is quick to move in directions best for growth.

Systems Sales Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are great to work with- most have open door policy and are easy to approach. Headquarter is in a great location for commuters in the bay area, right in front of light rail station. Also located close to major highways, easy to get to.

ConsTurn over appears to be frequent for some departments and salary increases are marginal at best. The company is constantly changing direction which takes time for some departments to keep caught up. But the constant change in direction is probably to respond to changing market environment.

Fair.

Technical Service Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible Hours are pretty good.

Consyou use your own vehicle

Advice to Senior Managementneed some fleet Company Vehicles

A decent job with decent people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsAll the engineers are helpful in getting people on board. The company is value based, so people who contribute the most value are the most recognized.

ConsThe technology stack is very old, and it is also a Microsoft shop. Getting things done in legacy code is usually slow and error-prone because of the age and size of the code base.

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly do not know what you can do. I understand that Omnicell needs to consistently add value to the customer, but engineers are not happy with the current code base. The problems the engineers solve (in my opinion) are not that exciting and it seems like we are losing out in top engineering hires.

Seems to be a filler position for most until the next best thing comes along. Little growth.

ProsCompensation is reasonable and depending on your manager, there could be a great work-life balance. You have to be in control of it though. Very laid-back office environment. I would recommend this job to a friend but with some warnings.

ConsIf you don't have a management title, although the experience and knowledge is there, you may not be heard of or taken seriously. The company does a reorg almost every year and the turnover rate seems to stay in the double digits year after year. I've been here for several years, I don't feel safe in the stability of my position because of this. Not sure if the company is focused on their direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your employees are buzzing about.

Everything is Slow

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsBest life work balance, it's a great place for old people who wants a place to stay until retirement

Consbecause of the medical industry's growing too slow, you do get the chance to work on some real channellings projects.

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!